HP ENVY 5663 SPECIFICATIONS
One of the best 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer with value added features like mobile printing and cloud printing. Key features like printing files straight from memory card drags the customers towards it. Compact and easy installation.
- Maximum monthly Duty cycle is 1000 pages.
- Touch Screen display.
- Supports extended Flash Memory.
- Automatic Duplexing.
- HP ePrint
- Auto wireless Connect.
- Directly print photos saved on the SD card.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer – Unbox Setup
- Make the printer to get rid of all the packing materials.
- Grasp the handle on either side. Unlock the ink cartridge access door to make it free from the packing materials that’s been present.
- Close the access door once it is done.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and to the power supply.
- Unlock the input tray door to stack the paper width guides properly.
- Once it is done, the 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer is all set to print the alignment page by itself.
- Locate the alignment page with the print side downward on the scanner glass. Locate it based on the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid, and then go with OK on the control panel of the printer.
- The printer attempts to align the ink cartridge.
- Go through the instructions to complete the software installation successfully.
- You must not connect the printer to the computer unless you are instructed.
Search for your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Windows
Printing the document over wireless is not a big deal when you know the network status and its password. This password might be called as Wi- Fi security key, WEP key or WPA OR WPA 2 pass phrase. This wireless password is offered by your ISP, and you can even change it if needed. If you have forgotten the password for the wireless network, you can find it from the system, the router, or the paperwork provided by the Internet service provider.
Step 1 : Look for the password from a system linked to the wireless network
You can browse for the wireless network password from a system that is connected to the wireless network. To look at this security password on a Windows system, access the network properties window.
- Browse Windows for view network connections, and then tap on the View network connections from the exhibited results.
- The Network connection window gets screened.
- Do a right- tap on the wireless network name, and then tap on
- The Wi- Fi Status or Wireless Network connection status window exhibits.
- Click on the Wireless Properties
- Tap on the Security option, and then tap on the Show Character check box, to look at the wireless network password.
- If the Show Character check box is unavailable and cannot be selected, move on to the next step.
Step 2 : Discover the password on the router
Most of the routers from an ISP have a note at the bottom which includes the wireless network password. The wireless network password is also called as the wireless key, WPA key, security password, wireless password, WPA password, WPA2 password or WEP password
Step 3 : Discover the password on the Internet service paperwork
Analyze the documentation from the Internet service paperwork. The welcome letter from the ISP provider is inclusive of the network name and the password. Contact the Internet Service provider for more assistance.
Search for your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Mac device
Printing the documents over the wireless network is easy when you have an idea about the network name, password and its status. The password provided is also said to be Wi-Fi security key, WEP key or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. Wireless password is given by ISP, and you might have modified the password.
Step 1 : Search for the password from a system connected to the wireless network
- Go to the Finder menu to tap on the Go option, and then on
- Access the Keychain Access application.
- From the keychain list, tap on the Local Items.
- Go to the category list and tap on the Password option.
- Do a double- tap on the wireless network name, and then click on the Show Password
- If needed, you should enter the administrator password, and then go with the Ok
If the Show password is not visible or the administrator password is unavailable, move on to the next step.
Step 2 : Search for the password on the router
You can avail the wireless network password on the label that is attached to the bottom of the 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer.
If the password is not detected from the label or the password has been altered, move to the successive steps.
Step 3 : Discover the password on the Internet Service paperwork
Verify the documentation from the ISP, the welcome letter from the ISP possesses the network name and the password. Reach your Internet service provider for further assistance.
If you have encountered any issues and troubles, give a call us on our toll- free 1-888-249-8496 to resolute the problem.
Printing using Wi-Fi direct feature
Get the direct wireless connection to the printer by means of Wi- Fi Direct. This allows you to take a print without a local network or connecting to the Internet. By activating, Wi- Fi Direct on the 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer, you can take the printouts of the documents or images from Wi-Fi capable systems and mobile devices. This is the same as Bluetooth but uses Wi-Fi to work at a larger distance and greater speeds.
123.HP.Com Envy5663 fax setup
Step 1 : Satisfy the requirements
Make sure that all the requisites have been fulfilled before arranging the printer to fax.
- A proper functioning landline.
- Fix the ink cartridge on the printer.
- Locate a new white paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Get the telephone cord and adapter that came along with your printer box.
Step 2 : Configure a Fax on the printer
Connect the telephone cord and change the ring settings from the printer’s control panel.
Configure the ring settings from the control panel after connecting a telephone cord. Follow the instructions below to set up fax on your printer.
- Remove the telephone devices from the phone jack that your 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer is connected to.
- Remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- Remove the answering machine’s power cord from the phone jack, and link it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- If you use any phone cord rather than the one that came with the printer’s shipment box, the fax job might fail.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, move the display to the left to tap on the Setup
Step 3 : Set the basic fax settings
Change the default settings on your requisites. Go through the instructions given below to change settings.
Include the contacts to phonebook
Use the instructions provided here to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer control panel and then tap Fax-> Send Now.
- Click on the Phone Book icon.
- Revert to the Phonebook Contact icon (plus sign) to include a
- Click Name, key in the name and then tap on the Done
- Select Fax Number, and then key in the fax number of the contact, choose Done.
- Tap Add
Step 4 : Procedure to print a fax test
A Fax test should be done to analyze that the fax setup is done correctly.
- Tap on Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test
- The fax sample report prints.
- Take a glimpse at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays that the printer passed the test but your 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer still has fax problems, analyze the fax settings listed in the report to ratify that they are correct. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax issues.
- In case the report displays that the printer has failed the test, refer the report for more information about fixing the fax issues.
Scanning a photo
Scan from your 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer, ratify that the computer possesses the printer software, place the media into the scanner, and then click on the scan button on the printer’s front panel.
Step 1 : Place the photo or document
Scan the needed document or photo from the printer, and then save it on your system.
- Power on the HP Envy 5663 printer.
- Place the photo or document which is to be scanned.
- Use Scanner glass : Place the original document with the print side mounted down on the scanner glass, and then place it liable to the engraved guides around the glass. Shut down the scanner lid of the printer.
- Automatic Document Feeder: If the printer has an ADF tray provision, keep the document into the document feeder tray. The print side should be placed upward and the top edge should go into the tray first. Alter the paper width guides to fix the document.
Step 2 : Scan the needed document or images
Scan your needed document or photo, and then save your scan using one of the options provided below.
- From the printer’s control panel, click Scan-> select the name of the system that you want to save the scanned document in.
- Select a scan option that matches the document or image you are scanning.
- Click on the Ok
Your printer scans the needed document or images, then saves them to the destination which is mentioned in the settings.
Copying document or images
Insert the original document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass. Use the scanner glass to copy the original image or to produce a double sided copy.
- Power on your 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer.
- Mount the original document or images:
- Automatic Document Feeder: If your printer has an automatic document feeder, mount the document into the document feeder tray with the print side upward and the top edge moving into the tray first. Change the width guides to place the document. You are allowed to place up to 35 sheets of paper in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Scanner glass: Place the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, arrange it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass, and then shut down the scanner glass of the printer.
Step 2 : Copy the essential document or images
Once you place the original document, alter the copy settings like paper size, paper type, and lightness or darkness level, and then copy the document or images.
- Go to the control panel of your printer to click the Copy
- Pick out the desired number of copies, or tap the keypad icon, then input a number.
- Click on the Settings icon, and then select the required advanced copy settings.
- Two-sided: Click either On or Off.
Suppose you have chosen On for the two-sided copy option from the scanner glass, ratify that you place the second page on the scanner glass when prompted.
- Paper size and Type: Make certain that the input tray is fixed with the correct paper size and paper type.
- Resize: Go with the size of the image or document which you want to have a copy of.
- Actual: Generate a copy that is of the same size as the original document. The margins of the copied image can be attached if needed.
- Fit to page : Generate a copy that is centered with the white border around the edges. The resized photos can be either enlarged or reduced to fit the size of the output paper which is chosen.
The two-sided copy option fails if the Fit to page option is selected.
- Custom : Magnify the size of the image by selecting values greater than 100% or reduce the size of the image by selecting the values which are less than 100%.
- Lighter or darker : Scroll the button and choose the lightness or darkness level, and then tap on Ok.
- ID Card Copy : Generate a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.
- Click on Back to navigate to the Copy
- Click on Start Black or Start Color to start the copy job.
- The printer prints the respective copy job.
Color or Black ink not printing properly
The 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer is functioning properly, but the printout is missing black or color ink or the printed page is empty or has a minimum amount of ink.
Step 1 : Use an authenticated HP Ink cartridges for better functionality
It is advised to use authenticated HP ink or toner supplies. The quality or reliability is not guaranteed for non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you have not used an authenticated HP cartridge, the procedure which is provided below might not resolute the problems.
Visit HP Suresupply to analyze ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other required supplies.
- Reach HP Suresupply.
- If urged, click your country or region.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to place order for new supplies or verify the cartridge compatibility with the printer.
Suppose the issue persists, and you are using genuine ink cartridges, go along with the next step.
Step 2 : Monitor and check estimated ink levels
Print quality may be affected by low ink levels. Check the estimated ink levels to ratify if any ink cartridges are desperately low on ink or empty.
From the control panel of your 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer, tap on the Ink icon to look at the current estimated ink levels.
Step 3 : Substitute any low or empty ink cartridges
Supersede any critically low or empty ink cartridges, and then make a try to print again. If the ink cartridges display full ink levels, go ahead with the next step.
- Power on your HP Envy 5563 printer.
- Ensure to pack the printer with plain, white paper.
- Clasp the handles on either side of the paper, and then unlock the ink cartridge access door until it fixes into place.
- The carriage advances to the center of your printer.
- Clasp until the carriage is steady and noiseless before you continue.
- To free the ink cartridge, unlock the lid on the ink cartridge slot, then slowly push the lid again into its original place.
- Draw the ink cartridge up to take it away from its slot.
- Unwrap the new cartridge from its package. Be aware to touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape from the ink cartridge.
- Clasp the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzle towards the printer, then drag the ink cartridge forward into its slot.
- Lock the lid on the ink cartridge slot so that the ink cartridges get fixed into the slot firmly.
- Reiterate the preceding steps to install the other cartridge, if required.
- Shut down the ink cartridge access door.
- Install the new ink cartridges. Subsequently, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
- Be calm until the printer prints the alignment page and ejects it out.
- Unlatch the scanner lid.
- Align the alignment page with the print side downward on the scanner glass. Mount it based on the engraved guides that are present around the glass.
- Shut down the scanner lid, and then click on the Ok
- The printer aligns the ink cartridge accordingly.
If the print quality issue persists after replacing any empty ink cartridges, follow the next step.
Step 4 : Clear the ink cartridges
With the aid of an automatic tool, clean the ink cartridge from the control panel of your printer, and then determine the results.
- Make sure that plain paper is placed into the input tray.
- On the control panel of your printer, swipe the display to the left, and then click on the Setup
- Click on the Tools option, and then choose Clean Cartridges.
- The printer starts to print a Print Quality Diagnostic report.
- Verify the print quality on the Print quality Diagnostic report.
- In case the print quality is satisfactory, select the No You can stop with the troubleshooting steps.
- In case the print quality is unsatisfactory, select the yes option when instructed to perform the next level of cleaning.
Step 5 : Discover the troublesome ink cartridge
Assess the Print Quality Diagnostic report you printed in the procedure to clean the ink cartridges. You can identify any defective ink cartridges by verifying the text and color blocks on the sample page to
- In case you found any trouble with the black text on the page, replace the black ink cartridge.
- In case you find any trouble with the colored blocks on the page, replace the tri-color ink cartridge.
Step 6 : Check the ink cartridge warranty status
There lies the possibility for the faulty cartridge or printhead to be under warranty. Check whether the ink cartridges or printhead are under warranty and then check the limited warranty for the supplies.
Step 7 : Substitute the troublesome ink cartridge
Remove the problem ink cartridge with a new, authenticated HP ink cartridge.
- Power on your HP Envy 5563 printer.
- Ratify to mount the printer with plain, white paper.
- Grasp the handles on either side of the printer, and then open the ink cartridge access door until it fits into the appropriate position.
- The carriage displaces to the center of the printer.
- Halt until the carriage is stable and silent before you start.
- To free the cartridge, pull up the lid on the ink cartridge slot, then push the lid again until it stops.
- Free the ink cartridge from the slot.
- Free the new ink cartridge from its package. Be aware and touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the plastic tape away from the ink cartridge.
- Press the ink cartridges by its sides with the nozzle towards the printer, then glide the ink cartridge forward into the slot.
- Close down the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.
- Re- do the above procedures to mount the other ink cartridge, if required.
- Close down the ink cartridge access door.
Once you install the new cartridges, your printer prints an alignment page by itself.
- Hold on for the alignment page to print.
- Unlock the scanner lid.
- Mount the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Keep it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Shut down the scanner lid, and then click on the Ok
- The 123.HP.Com Envy5663 printer organizes the ink cartridges.