123.hp.com/envy4500 Printer Quick Support
If you wish to get an efficient inkjet printer which is compact in size for your home or small business setup, the best choice for you to buy would be the 123.hp.com/envy4500 Printer.
First Time 123.HP.Com/Envy4500 Printer Setup
Step 1: UNPACKING HP ENVY 4500 PRINTER
- The first thing to do after getting the HP Envy 4500 printer is to unpack the printer box. Tear off the packing tapes on the printer box and open it.
- Remove the contents of the printer box. The contents of the box include a printer body, ink cartridges, user manual, power cord, installer CD, printer parts, etc.
- Remove all the packing materials and packing tapes on the printer. Check the sides and rear of the printer for packing tapes and remove if you find any.
- Open the printer’s access door and remove the packing tapes from the printer’s interior. Peel off all the tapes on the scanner glass and the paper tray of the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer.
Step 2 : Setting The Preferences
- Connect one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end to the printer’s rear. Do not connect it to a power surge or an electrical surge.
- Switch on the HP Envy 4500 setup printer and wait for it to settle down. Set the desired preference such as language, region, date and time, etc.
Step 3 : Loading Paper in HP Envy 4500
- Pull the paper tray out and move the paper width guides. Load a stack of paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
Step 4 : Installing Ink Cartridges
- Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to move to the center. Take the new ink cartridge out from the package.
- Remove all the packing tapes on it. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and install it into the correct slot. Push until it fits. Close the access door.
Step 5 : Aligning The Ink Cartridges
Open the scanner lid and place a plain white paper and use HP Envy 4500 scan software. Position it according to the engraved guides. Tap on the Ok button to align the ink cartridges.
Step 6 : HP Envy 4500 Driver Installation
To connect your printer to your computer, you need to install the printer driver on your computer. You can download it from our website or use the installer CD.
Overview of 123 HP Envy 4500 Printer Setup Install
Steps for setup and driver installation:
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup 4500
- Downlod Driver Software for 123.hp.com/envy4500 Printer.
- Enter your printer model and click Begin for your HP Envy 4500 Driver Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to start the installation process.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the HP Envy 4500 printer connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now come back to 123.hp.com/setup 4520 Page to finish the 123 HP Envy 4500 printer registration and activation.
Easy HP Envy 4500 Driver and Manual Download
Download and install the software on your Windows computer
- Make sure the HP Envy 4500 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website and enter the HP Printer name and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
List of 123 HP Envy 4500 Printing issues
- The most common 123.hp.com/envy4500 Printer issues are a paper jam, print job stuck in printer queue and print quality issues.
- You might also face cartridge related issues such as Black ink or Color ink not printing, low cartridge level error messages, etc.
- The HP Envy 4500 wireless setup. So you can expect wireless printing issues such as turning on web services, mopria print service plugin, etc.
123 HP 4500 Printer USB Setup (Windows & Mac)
Ensure that you use an authentic USB cable to connect your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer and your computer. Follow the steps given below to set up your HP Envy 4500 setup printer using a USB cable.
Step:1 Requisites for setting up the HP Envy 4500 Printer
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network (Windows)?
- Click on the HP software icon and open it.
- From the options listed on the menu, click on Tools.
- Select Device 123.hp.com/setup 4500 & Software.
- Also, tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to change the connection.
- Make sure that you use the recommended authentic USB cable to establish the connection. The cable should be no less than three meters in length.
- Do not connect the USB cable to your computer before installing the required printer driver. If you have already connected, remove the device from the computer.
Step 2 : Installing The Driver – Windows
- Enter our website and check for the Driver Download section. Enter the model number of your printer and begin downloading the printer driver.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it. Select USB as the connection type and connect your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer to your computer.
Installing The Driver – Mac
- Download and install the printer driver. When the installer prompts you to choose a connection type, select USB and connect your printer to your computer.
- You need to add your printer. Tap on the Add option and select the name of your printer. Click on the name of your printer under the Use menu and tap Add.
123 HP Envy 4500 wireless setup (Windows & Mac)
The HP 4500 Printer supports wireless connectivity. You don’t need a wire or cable to connect your printer to your computer. Follow the steps given below to set your printer wirelessly.
Step 1 : Preparing For HP Envy 4500 wireless setup
- Before setting up your HP Envy 4500 printer wirelessly, you need to gather a few important details such as the name and password of your wireless network.
- Connect the power cord to the router and switch it on. Wait for the network to stabilize. Turn on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network to which you will connect your HP Envy 4500 setup printer.
- Turn on your printer and wait for it to complete the preparation process. Disconnect all the USB and Ethernet cables from the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer connecting the computer.
Step 2 : Connecting 123 HP 4500 Printer To The Wireless Network
- Tap on the small Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel to open the HP Envy 4500 wireless setup menu. Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option and tap on it.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard will initiate. Follow the prompted commands to run the setup and select your wireless network from the list of available networks.
- If you don’t find the name of your network, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Key in the details of your network and connect your printer to the network.
- Make sure that you connect your printer and computer to the same network. Do not connect them to a guest network such as a school’s network.
Step 3 : Installing The Driver – Windows
- You can either use the installer CD or download the printer driver from our website. It is recommended to choose the latter option.
- Open the downloaded driver and install it on your computer. Select Wireless as the connection method and connect your devices.
Installing The Driver – Mac
- Download and follow the prompted instructions to install the printer driver on your computer. When prompted, select HP Envy 4500 wireless setup as the connection type.
- To add your printer to the Printer Queue, select the name of your printer under the Use menu. Tap on the Add button to add the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer.
123 HP Envy 4500 WPS Setup
- Press the Wireless Button on control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- Enter your details, such as network username and password during the setup process.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM, to install 123 HP Envy 4500 printer driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the 123 HP Envy 4500 setup wireless setup.
Follow Instruction to setup printer wps setup
- Ensure the wireless icon is switched on before you starting print job
- check whether your 123 HP Envy 4500 printer is connected with wireless network connection
- Open WiFi settings, and check your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer is connected with same wireless network connection.
- Goto to App store and choose compatible printing app
- Next click on App share button and search Print icon
- Move to Home Screen, Open the document, then click Share Icon
- OR Click Main menu, and Click Print Button
- Select File to Print, and click Print option
- In Printer Options, Select your 123.hp.com/setup 4500 printer
- Goto Print Settings, Enter copies number, and click Print
- Print Job done successfully.
How to Scan from HP Envy 4500 (Windows)
- Load the document that you wish to scan using the HP 4500 Printer from your Windows computer on the scanner glass. Position it according to the guides.
- If you want to scan using this printer, you need to install the HP Envy 4500 scan software. Search the Windows for the keyword HP and click on the results.
- The HP Printer Assistant Window will open. Click on the Scan A Document Or Photo option and the HP Easy Scan window will display. Select your HP Envy 4500 setup printer.
- Select the shortcut type that matches your print job. Make the necessary changes and tap on the Scan button.
How to scan using the HP Envy 4500 Scan App
- If you wish to scan a document or photo using the HP Scan & Capture app, you need to install the app on your computer. Download and follow the prompted instructions to install it.
- Switch on your printer and place the document that you wish to scan on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides on the glass.
- Open the HP Envy 4500 scan software And Capture app on your computer. Tap on the Menu button and select Setting. Click on the Select Device option and select your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer.
- Make the necessary changes. Tap on the Capture Documents to begin scanning. Click on the Save button to save it.
How to Scan from the HP Envy 4500 (Mac)
With the HP 4500 Printer, you can scan documents and photos to your Mac. Ensure that you install the HP Envy 4500 scan software on your Mac. Below given are the steps to scan from Mac.
How To Scan Using HP Easy Scan App
- Place the document that you wish to scan on the scanner glass. Open the HP Easy Scan app on your Mac and select your HP Envy 4500 printer under the Scanner menu.
- Select the desired shortcut type from the Presets menu. Tap on the Scan button to begin scanning the document or photo. If you wish to edit the scanned document, tap on the Edit option.
- Tap on the Send option and select Folder. You can select the destination folder under the Where option. Click on the Save button to save the scanned document on your Mac.
Scan using Scan Software
- Install the HP Envy 4500 scan software on your Mac. Click on the Applications button and open the HP folder. Search for HP Scan and double-click on it to launch the software.
- On the HP Scan window, click on the Scan button. Select the name of your HP 4500 Printer under the Scanner menu.
- Select the job type under the scanner menu. Tap on the down arrow to customize settings. Tap Continue to begin Scanning. If you wish to add more, click Scan Next Item.
- Edit the scanned documents from HP Envy 4500 scan software. Tap on the Save option and choose Folder. Select the destination folder and click Save.
123.hp.com/envy4500 Printer Paper Jam Error
Paper jam errors are mostly caused by the usage of inappropriate media type, damaged paper, etc. If you wish to clear the paper jam and resume printing, follow the steps given below.
Solution 1 : Clearing the jammed paper from the 123 HP 4500 Printer
Step 1 : Check The Media Type and Paper Settings
Step 2 : Remove The Jammed Paper From The Cartridge Access Area
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer while the 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer is running. Open the cartridge access door of the printer and check for the jammed paper. Remove if you find any.
Step 3 : Remove The Jammed Paper From the Paper Path Area
Look for the paper path cover. Pinch its sides and lift it up. Remove the jammed paper from it. Open the duplex path cover and check for the jammed paper. Remove if you find any.
Step 4 : Remove The Jammed Paper From The Input Tray
- Extend the input tray of the printer and move the paper width guides away to its outermost extent. Carefully remove the jammed paper from the HP Envy 4500 setup printer using your hands.
- Make sure that you don’t leave any torn remnants inside the printer. Use a torchlight to see if there are any bits or pieces of paper left inside the HP Envy 4500 printer.
123 HP Envy 4500 Printing with Wireless-Direct:
The HP 4500 Printer supports wireless connectivity. You need not use a wire or cable to print a document from your device. Follow the steps given below to print using HP Envy 4500 wireless setup direct.
- Switch on your printer. Tap on the Wireless Settings option on the printer’s control panel. Tap on the Wireless Direct option.
- Select the On option. On your mobile phone, open the Settings menu and click on the Wi-Fi option. Select the network with your printer model’s name.
- Open the document that you wish to print. Tap on the Print option and click on the name of your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer.
123 HP Envy 4500 Troubleshooting mobile printing issues
The HP 4500 Printer is compatible with wireless connectivity and various mobile printing solutions such as www.hp.com eprint Envy4500, AirPrint, Mopria, HP Envy 4500 Wireless Setup Direct Printing, etc. Mopria is a print service plugin that enables you to print documents instantly over a network. Follow the steps given below to HP Envy 4500 troubleshooting issues related to it.
Cannot Print Using Mopria Print Service On Android Devices
Though the advancement of technology has made printing much easier, it is still faulty at some places. If you have issues printing using the Mopria, follow the below-given steps to fix it.
Solution 2: Check the connections by rebooting all devices.
Turn off the router and also turn off your printer with the Power button.Switch off your mobile phone and restart all the turned off devices now.Try to print a job and check if the Mopria service is functioning.
Solution 1 : Check The Status Of Mopria
Open the Settings menu and tap on the Printing option. Navigate to the Mopria Print Service option and click on the On button if it is turned off. Try printing.
Solution 2 : Reset The Devices And Connections
Step 1 : Restart The Devices
- Turn off the router, printer and the Android device. Disconnect the power cord. Connect it back after a minute and switch on the devices.
Step 2 : Connect Your Printer To Your Android Device
- Ensure that you have connected your mobile phone and your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer to the same wireless network. Do not connect it to a guest network.
Step 3 : Update The HP Envy 4500 Setup Printer Firmware
- Make sure that your printer firmware is updated. If not, download the latest update and install it. For further assistance, call the toll-free number.
123 HP 4500 Printer Is Listed Twice or Too Many Print Facilities Are Opted Below Print Settings
You need to choose the correct device under the Printer Settings menu. If the printer is listed twice or if too many print facilities are opted below printer settings, follow the steps given below.
Step 1 : Ensure If the Connection Is Secure
- Switch on your mobile device and connect it to your HP Envy 4500 wireless setup network. Connect your printer to the same network. Open the Settings tab on your device.
- Tap on the Printing option. Search for the Mopria Print Service option and click on the On button to turn it on. The app will look for Mopria compatible printers. Select the name of your printer.
Step 2 : Switch Off The Other Devices
- If there are multiple devices listed, make sure that you switch off the devices that are not in use. Open the Settings window and tap on the Printing option to open the tab.
- Click on the Mopria Print Service option and tap on the On button. Select the name of your 123.hp.com/envy4500 printer. Tap on the Off button for all the other devices that are not in use.