Step 1: Fulfil the requirements
Ensure that all the requisites have been met before arranging your printer to HP Envy 5540 Fax Setup.
- An active telephone landline.
- Setup the ink cartridges on your printer.
- Position a new white paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Avail the telephone cord and adapter that came along with your corresponding printer box.
Step 2: HP Envy Fax Setup on the printer
Link the telephone cord and modify the ring settings from the control panel of the printer.
Setup the ring settings from the control panel of your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer after connecting a telephone cord. Make use of the instructions below to configure fax on your printer.
- Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack that your corresponding printer is connected to.
- Disconnect the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on your printer’s rear side.
- Take off the answering machine power cord from the phone jack, and connect it to the port labeled 2- EXT on your printer’s rear side.
- Suppose any other phone cord is used instead of the one which came along with your printer to link the printer, the HP Envy Fax Setup might not be successful.
- Access the control panel of your printer, navigate the display to the left to click Setup.
- Navigate the display up, select HP Envy 5540 Fax Setup->Setup Wizard and then follow the instructions to setup the printer for faxing.
Step 3: Arrange for the basic HP Envy Fax Setup
Modify the default settings based on your requisitions. Follow the instructions below to modify a few settings.
Add the contacts to phonebook
Make use of the instructions below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Access the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer control panel and then click Fax->send a test Fax HP Now.
- Choose the Phone Book icon.
- Move to the PhoneBook Contact icon->plus sign to add a contact.
- Click Name, enter the name and then click on the Done option.
- Select Fax Number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, choose Done for successful HP Envy 5540 Fax Setup.
- Click Add.
Step 4: Procedure to take a HP Envy Fax Setup test
A Fax test should be done to verify that the fax setup is done properly.
- Click Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test
- The fax sample report prints successfully.
- Take a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- Suppose the report shows that the printer passed the test but your printer still has faxing troubles, verify the fax settings listed in the report to ensure they are correct.
- Incorrect or blank settings can cause HP Envy Fax Setup issues.
- In case the report shows that the printer has failed the test, refer the report for more information about fixing the fax problems.
For further details about HP Envy 5540 Fax Setup, contact our technical support team and avail a detailed information.