Step 1 : Satisfy the requirements
Make sure that all the requisites have been fulfilled before arranging the printer to fax.
- A proper functioning landline.
- Fix the ink cartridge on the printer.
- Locate a new white paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Get the telephone cord and adapter that came along with your printer box.
Step 2 : Configure a Fax on the printer
Connect the telephone cord and change the ring settings from the printer’s control panel.
Configure the ring settings from the control panel after connecting a telephone cord. Follow the instructions below to set up fax on your printer.
- Remove the telephone devices from the phone jack that your 123.HP.Com Envy7643 printer is connected to.
- Remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- Remove the answering machine’s power cord from the phone jack, and link it to the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s rear side.
- If you use any phone cord rather than the one that came with the printer’s shipment box, the fax job might fail.
- Go to the printer’s control panel, move the display to the left to tap on the Setup
Step 3 : Set the basic fax settings
Change the default settings on your requisites. Go through the instructions given below to change settings.
Include the contacts to phonebook
Use the instructions provided here to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the 123.HP.Com Envy7643 printer control panel and then tap Fax-> Send Now.
- Click on the Phone Book icon.
- Revert to the Phonebook Contact icon (plus sign) to include a
- Click Name, key in the name and then tap on the Done
- Select Fax Number, and then key in the fax number of the contact, choose Done.
- Tap Add
Step 4 : Procedure to print a fax test
A Fax test should be done to analyze that the fax setup is done correctly.
- Tap on Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test
- The fax sample report prints.
- Take a glimpse at the Fax Test Report.
- If the report displays that the printer passed the test but your 123.HP.Com Envy7643 printer still has fax problems, analyze the fax settings listed in the report to ratify that they are correct. Incorrect or blank settings can cause fax issues.
- In case the report displays that the printer has failed the test, refer the report for more information about fixing the fax issues.