OFFICEJET 4655 SETUP
It is a standalone copier and fax machine suitable for light- duty office purpose. It has only one paper tray and so it’s quite difficult to switch among the plain paper and the photo paper every time. Suitable to print books or magazines as the ADF handles legal- size pages.
- Plain paper fax type.
- Max Copying Speed Up to 7.5 ppm (mono) / up to 4 ppm (color)
- Max Printing Speed Up to 20 ppm (mono) / up to 16 ppm (color)
- Optical Resolution 1200 x 1200 dpi for Scan.
- Max Transmission Speed 33.6 Kbps for Fax.
- Print, Copy, Scan, Copy
- Mobile Printing
- Mopria Certified.
- Print, Fax, using Cloud
- Wi- Fi and Wi- Fi Direct
- Automatic feeder and duplexer.
- Best quality photo printing.
- No Ethernet feature
- Not suitable for business application
- Poor quality text printing
Avail all office- centric features inclusive of faxing, Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), in an inkjet multifunction printers for home office purpose.
Primary 123.HP.Com Oj4655 Printer Setup
We made your primary setup procedure simpler with our easy instructions in this manual.
Step 1 : Remove the packing materials from the printer.
This initial setup is to take the printer out of the box. Remove all the packing tapes from the printer.
- Remove all the stickers from the printer control panel.
- Unlock the scanner lid in order to take away the tapes present inside.
- Eliminate the tapes from the 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer.
- Affirm that no plastic tapes exists inside the printer before moving to the next steps.
- None of the plastic covers should present inside the photo tray.
- Eliminate the packing materials and move to next steps.
Step 2 : Verify the materials which you get with the printer
You must remove all the packing materials and tapes from all over the printer and sent it to recycle or discarded. The items that you receive along with the printer differ for country/ region.
Step 3 : Establish the power cord connection, configure references
The instructions given below let you to link your printer to the power supply.
- Link one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- The printer should be powered on now.
- After the printer is powered up, access the control panel to select the preferred language.
Step 4 : Fixing the ink cartridges into the printer
It is recommended to use the genuine ink cartridges to get the good print quality. The appropriate instructions is given below.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door carefully. You can view an alert message stating that The ink cartridge access door is open. Close the door to continue on the control panel of the printer when the door gets opened.
- Make your new shipped ink cartridge to be free from all the packing materials. Do not touch the place rather than the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the protective tape.
- Be careful while installing the ink cartridge. Fix the tri- color ink cartridge to the left whereas the black ink cartridge to the right.
- Install the ink cartridge, subsequently close the door. By doing so, the Door open message gets vanished and the printer control panel return to the Home screen.
- Tap on Ok option and wait until the 123.HP.Com Oj4655 printer completes the calibration cycle.
Step 5 : The paper tray should be filled with unused paper.
Remember to fill the paper tray with the clean unused paper before installing the ink cartridge into the printer.
- Grip the handle to drag out the tray.
- You can get the Close Tray on the printer control panel with a message- ‘A paper tray is open. Make sure the paper you want to use is loaded, and then close the tray to continue.’
- Wait until the printer prints an alignment automatically.
- Go ahead with the prompts if the printer does not print the alignment page.
- Access the scanner cover. Place the alignment with the print side kept down on the scanner glass.
- Tap on Ok option after shutting down the scanner cover.
- The printer scans the alignment page now.
- Tap Finish and then dispose off the alignment page.
Step 6 : The computers should be installed with the printer software
After setting up all the hardware, allow your computer to install the printer software. You must not connect your printer to the computer unless you are instructed.
Wireless printer Setup- Windows
Go along with the instructions and connect your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer to the wireless networks using the directives.
Step 1 : Download the software and link a wireless connection with the printer
It is mandatory to link the printer to the network before commencing the print or scan job. When the establishment of connection gets over, start to install the software. Here are the steps to setup your printer over the wireless network.
Step 2 : Establish the wireless connection on your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer
- Download the file and access it to install.
- Note down the network name and the security passphrase.
- The computer you have should connected to the Internet connection.
- The printer, computer, and the router should be placed as close as possible.
- Take out the USB cables or Ethernet cable connected to the computer.
- You can shift the connection type from USB to the Wireless, if needed.
- You can get the appropriate on- screen instructions to complete the switching of connection type.
Step 3 : Establish a link to the wireless network
The printer can be setup over the wireless network with the help of built- in Wizard Setup.
- Keep your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer on, while establishing the connection.
- Go to the printer wireless icon and enable the wireless icon.
- The list of available networks can be viewed by clicking Settings icon-> Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your printer name. You are directed to type the network name. To do it, go to Enter Network Name and do the necessities.
- After entering the WEP or WAP key, tap Done and click
Step 4 : Downloading and installing procedure for printer driver on your computer
Follow the directions given below to download and install the printer driver on your computer.
- While commencing the process, no USB cables should be connected to the computer.
- The on- screen directions let you to do the necessities for the installation process.
Wireless printer Setup-Mac
Affirm that you possess all the required items needed to setup the printer to the wireless network. Link your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer to the wireless connection, install the latest version of printer driver and software on the Mac running with either OS X v 10. 10 Yosemite, OS X v 10.9 Mavericks, or OS X v 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If the installation process is not done already, move to Setup the printer with a Wireless connection steps.
- Glance at Change an existing USB or Wired (Ethernet) Connection to a Wireless connection steps to change over to the connection type.
Configuring the printer over the wireless network
The instructions to configure the printer over the Wireless network is similar as described for Windows operating system.
Changing over the existing connection from USB or wired to a wireless connection
It is mandatory to install the printer software or the OS- driver to change over the connection type from USB or Wired to Wireless.
Step 1 : Making the printer to the get connected to the wireless network
Take a help of the Wireless Setup Wizard to make your printer to get connected to the Wireless network.
- Keep your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer on.
- Access the printer control panel, activate the Wireless icon, and tap on the Settings icon. Get to know about the list of available networks by tapping Wireless Setup Wizard options.
- You should select the printer name from the list, if it is not present it should be entered manually in the Enter New Network Name field.
- If instructed type WEP or WPA key.
- Click Done and then proceed to
Step 2 : Involve your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer to the existing Printers list
Exclude and include the printer to affirm the communication with the Mac.
- Go to Apple menu-> System Preference to take a look at the preference window.
- Go with Print & Fax, Print & Scan, Printers & Scanners based on the functionality you wish to carry out.
- Choose your HP Officejet 4655 printer name from the Printers section, then click Minus sign to exclude the printer from the existing list.
- Detach the USB cable which you connected to the printer.
- Printer gets excluded from the list, subsequently click on the Plus sign, your printer from the Bonjour device’s list, and then tap on
USB Printer Setup- Windows
Here you go with the instructions to setup the 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer through USB connection for computers which operate on Windows. Affirm that your Windows computer is installed with the full featured HP driver to get most supported features from a USB cable connected printer.
Step 1 : Assemble the essential items for the printer setup
Confirm whether you have all required items before you commence the setup process and go with the instructions provided below.
- Affirm that you owns the below mentioned items before commence the setup procedure:
- Keep your HP Officejet 4655 printer on and in a ready state.
- Buy a cable whose length is less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- Your printer might face an error if it is not linked directly to the electrical source.
- None of the cables should remain connected to the printer. Get the necessary prompts to setup the printer.
- None of the cables should be linked unless you are directed.
- Open the Windows search bar, type devices on it, and then choose the Devices and Printers control panel settings from the sorted list.
- Right- click on the printer icon to exclude the devices which are connected. Subsequently tap Remove Device
- All the other printers which are currently connected should be removed.
- Go ahead with the next steps once the Devices and Printers window has been closed.
Step 2 : Configure the printer after installing the appropriate driver
You must install the latest version of the printer driver on your computer in order to perform the required printer functionality.
Look for the most updated versions and proceed with the prompts to finish the installation process.Based on the printer model, your computer might be downloaded with HP Easy Start app.
- Your computer gets downloaded with HP Easy Start app based on the printer model you are working with.
- If a driver or HP Easy Smart gets downloaded, follow the on- screen prompts to access the downloaded file and start to configure the printer. Configure the connection type as USB when you are instructed. It is not necessary to follow the remaining steps in this section if the printer configuration has been completed.
- If the download is not successful or your printer is not listed, go along the instructions.
- After completing the installation, commence to print/ scan/ copy as your wish.
USB Printer Setup-Mac
- Go along with the same directions given for Windows computer.
- Open the Install screen, affirm that the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if the printer has the scanner to enable the full scan functionality.
- When directed by installer, click on the Add Printer option to create a new print queue on the Mac computer.
- When the Add window accesses, look for and choose your printer name and then go with Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer from the pop- up list, and then press on Add
- Revert to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
- Depends on your need among the printer’s functionality, make a try to print, scan or fax.
Printer Setup- Computers with Windows operating system
Avail the instructions on how to configure your printer for the computers who have Windows operating system.
- You are permitted to modify the print job settings prior to commencing the printer functionalities.
- Commonly, modifications are applicable on font size, layout and other appearance settings.
- Open the app where the document is created to, access the File or the menu icon, and go with Print option to gain access to general settings.
- To avail access to more layout, quality, and advanced print settings, tap on Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences
- You can view the Document Properties or Printing Preferences
- Any modifications to the layout and paper settings can be performed.
- Modify necessary changes to the quality and color settings to avail the best printing results.
- Go with OK option and then Print.
Printer Setup- Computers with Mac
Verify and follow the procedures given below to setup the printer to the computer whose operating system is Mac.
- Prior to starting the print job, you must do all the required modifications in the settings.
- Gain access to the app where the document was generated, choose the File and Print.
- The 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer settings window is shown on the screen. If the menus in the windows are not displayed, choose the Show Details.
- You are directed to choose the option that starts the print job or enter from Presets menu.
- You are supposed to select the unnamed menu at the center of the window to select different settings type. The printer settings and menu names are not same for all printer models and the application that prints your documents.
- Click Print after performing all necessary changes.
- Scrutinize the wireless strength on your by tapping the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar. If the signal strength is not strong, keep the router, computer and the printer close to each other.
- Affirm that no additional strains on the network, like downloading or streaming services. Based on the bandwidth, activities might affect print speed.
- If you use Ethernet cable to connect the printer, affirm that the cable connections are secured.
- The router should be restarted by removing it, hold on 10 seconds, and re- plug it.
These tips can help resolve issues with slow printing.
- If the printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable, attempt with some other USB cables. The print speed can be affected by using USB cable with high length or irregularly shielded.
- Some printers are designed in a way which allows you to print using only one cartridges. Slow printing is also resulted by using only one cartridge.
Driver installation- Windows
You should download the upgraded printer driver on your computer whose operating system is Windows.
Step 1 : Download the upgraded printer driver for Windows operating system
Based printer model, and the version of the operating system you are using, a full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installed app is obtained on the download page. You should install the best available print driver your HP driver.
- Go with the instructions to download the latest driver from our website.
- Once the printer driver download has been over, proceed to the step to install the printer driver.
- When the HP Easy Smart activates but fails to download the HP printer driver, affirm that the computer is connected to an Active Internet connection, and then make a try to download it again.
- If your printer model is not discovered, proceed to download the HP printer driver from our website.
- Visit our website to avail upgraded Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer model if needed, and scrutinize whether the operating system is correct.
- Tap Download option which is present below the Driver Installation software or go along with the instructions which is shown.
The upgraded 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer driver gets downloaded in the download folder.
Step 2 : Printer driver installation- directives
The printer driver will be downloaded in the Downloads folder, run it to install the printer driver from the downloads folder,
When you are supposed to select the type of connection at the time of installation, go with USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and the connection type to finish the installation.
- Get into the downloads folder and then start HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver. Exe folder to start the installation.
- Go with the instructions on the display to activate the connection to the 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer and then driver gets installed on your computer.
- Take the help of the on- screen instructions to enable the connection to the HP printer and then install the HP printer driver.
- When you are directed by installer, tap on Add Printer to create a print queue on the device.
- The Add windows gets displayed.
- Choose out the name of your HP printer, tap the Use or Print Using menu option, choose your printer name from the drop- down list, and then tap[ Add.
- Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
For any queries and more clarification, get back to our technical support team to clear issues.
Driver Installation- Mac device
Download the upgraded 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer driver and then it gets stored in the Downloads folder and installs the driver from the download folder.
Step 1 : Download the upgraded printer driver on your computer
Based on the printer model and the operating system version, a full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is obtained on the download page. You must install the best available printer driver for your HP Officejet 4655 printer.
- Get the appropriate instructions to download the upgraded version of the printer from our website.
- If the printer driver gets downloaded, you can proceed to the install the printer driver step.
- In case the HP Easy Start application gets activated, but it fails to download the printer driver, verify that the computer has an Internet connection, and then try to download again.
- In case you are unable to identify your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer model from our website or if the website is not available, then continue to use the procedures to download the HP printer driver from our website.
- If the HP Easy Start application is activated, but unsuccessful in downloading the printer, scrutinize the Internet connection on your computer.
- Go to our website and tap on Software and Driver Downloads.
- If needed, type your HP printer model number, and then verify whether the proper operating system version is selected.
- Tap on Download option and click Driver- Printer Installation Software, go with the directions shown on the screen.
Printer driver will be downloaded in the Downloads folder.
Step 2 : Install the recent HP printer driver
The printer driver you download, gets saved to the Downloads folder, then you should install the 123 HP oj4655 printer driver from the downloads folder.
If you are directed, go with any type of connection at the time of installation process, press USB, Wireless or Wired connection option, based on the printer model and then connection preferences to finish the installation.
- When you get accessed to the download folder, then go to the HP Easy Start file or the full feature printer driver .dmg folder to commence the installation process.
- Take a help of the on- screen instructions to enable the connection to your HP Officejet 4655 Printer and then the printer driver gets installed.
- When you are instructed by the installer, tap on the Add Printer to generate a print queue on the device.
- The Add window opens.
- Pick out your printer name, go with Use or Print Using menu option, go ahead with your printer name form the sorted list, and then tap Add.
- Get back to the HP installer to finish the installation procedure.
Troubleshooting and solution steps for Slow printing issues – Windows
The printing speed of the printer might get low than measured. Track the solutions to get out of the slow printing issues.
Step 1: Re- configure the printer settings
Here are the instructions which let to solve the printer issues.
- Your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer must be maintained in on state.
- Keep calm until your printer stays in idle mode and then follow the next steps.
- When your printer is powered up, the power cord should be disconnected from the printer’s rear position.
- The wall outlet which holds the power cord should be removed.
- Stay for a while.
- The power cord should be re- inserted into the outlet wall.
- Fix the other end of the power cord to the printer’s rear end.
- Make an attempt to switch on the printer, if it does not do on its own.
The printer might face the warm- up period. You might see the flaring of the light and the displacement of your printer.
- The printer should leave to finish the warm- up period and stay calm before you proceed to next steps.
- Give a print command to the printer and check whether the issues have reached its end.
Step 2 : Scrutinize the print driver settings
You might face the slow printing issues when you choose the certain paper types or printing in Best quality. Fast speeds can be attained by printing the document with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Type Printer in the Windows search box, and tap Devices and Printers in the sorted list.
- Hunt for your printer icon and double- tap it.
- Go to Set Preference option and double- tap it.
- Search for the paper type information.
- Access the Paper type area, confirm that you have chosen Plain Paper
- Access the Quality Settings area, confirm that you have selected Draft or Normal
- Click Ok or Apply to confirm the changes which you have made. Revert from the HP printer Window and then from Device and Printers.
Make a try to print and scrutinize whether your slow printing issues have been solved.
Step 3: Installing the printer driver once again
The currently available printer driver and software can be excluded with the help of Uninstall a program tool in Windows Programs and Features. Uninstall the already existing drivers, subsequently new printer driver and the software should be installed on your computer. Track the instructions given below to install the updated version of the printer driver and software on your computer.
- If you employ a USB cable to connect your printer to the computer, it should be taken off.
- Open Windows for Programs and Features, and then click on the Programs and Features from the sorted list.
- From the available program list, click your HP printer name and go with Uninstall or Yes
- The prompts let you to complete the software removal process.
- Let your printer to restart.
Step 4 : Re configure your printer driver
Your computer should be installed with a latest available printer software and driver. After installing the printer driver, allocate the print job. If the issues have not been put to an end, skip to update the printer software step in this manual.
Step 5 : Refurbish the printer firmware
The regular updates can be avail from our website, and get the proper functionality of the printers.
- Ratify your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer is on and is linked to the computer, either with the help of network or USB cable.
- Navigate to our website and track the instructions.
- Select the operating system, if required.
- Go with Firmware option and Download
If you can’t discover the firmware sections, firmware update is unavailable. You can bounce to the next steps.
- Go with HP Download and Install Assistant, go with Next and Install now
- Hunt for HP Printer Update windows to scrutinize whether the printer serial number is displayed and continue with the prompts.
- When the update finishes, click Ok.
- If you employ a USB cable to connect the networked printer, already existing USB driver is to be eliminated and then go with the prompts.
Make a try to print a document. If it is unsuccessful skip to the next step.
Step 6 : Inspect the network status
If the printer is linked via wired or wireless network, here are many troubleshooting tips to recover your 123.HP.Com oj4655 printer from slow printing issue.