Procedure for HP Officejet Pro 8100 Fax
- Install a fax connection.
- Send a fax from the scanner glass.
- Mount the original in the ADF tray.
- Scan and direct the document.
- Send a fax from the computer.
Step 1 : Necessities
- A telephone landline which works properly
- Download the ink cartridges
- Mount plain, white paper in the input tray
Step 2 : Install a fax connection
- Release any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are Linking the printer.
- Eliminate the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- On the control panel of the printer click on fax, setup and then on preferences.
- Scroll on the display, and then touch Rings to Answer.
- Click on Done.
- Scroll on the display and ensure Auto Answer is set to On. If Auto Answer is off
- click on the toggle to switch it on.
Send a fax from the scanner glass
- Mount and align the original to the engraved guides near the edge of the glass and close the scanner lid.
- Click on send a fax now from the control panel of the printer.
- Enter the fax number in the Enter fax number field and click on black or color.
- The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxes the document. If the fax machine is available to receive your fax, your fax is sent.
Step 1 : Mount the original in the ADF tray
To send a fax from the scanner glass of 123 HP Officejet Pro 8630, the automatic document feeder (ADF), or computer follow the below steps:
- Switch on the document print-side up.
- Attach the pages so that the top edge of the document goes in first.
- Slide the paper into the ADF till you hear the tone that signals the original.
- Glide the paper and do not push the guides in so tightly that they bind against the paper.
Step 2 : Scan and direct the document
- Tap on send a fax from the control panel of the printer.
- Enter the fax number in the Enter fax number field.
- Tap on Black or Color.
Send a fax from the computer.
These steps are applicable for both Windows and Mac OsX.
- Click on the document you want to fax.
- Tap on print from the file menu and click print or OK.
- Enter the fax number and other data for the recipient, change any further settings for the fax, and click Send Fax.
- The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxes the document. If the receiving fax machine is accessible, your fax is sent.