FAX HP OFFICEJET PRO 8650 SETUP AND SUPPORT
This printer is designed with an aim of satisfying the needs of micro office and home office jobs. It supports copying, scanning in addition to printing and is played as value added features.
- Maximum printing resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 dpi in the case mono.
- Maximum printing speed achieved is 31 ppm.
- Presence of Automatic duplexing.
123.HP.Com Ojpro8650 Feature
- Scan to email functionality is present.
- HP ePrint, Wireless direct printing capability.
- Fax type is touch screen.
- Compatible with AirPrint.
- Fast Response.
- Ethernet, Wi- Fi, Wireless Direct compatibility.
- Running cost is not high.
- Not so compact.
- No multi- paper tray.
- Mediocre photo quality.
It is the one among the recommended printers for producing fast delivery with low running cost. It potentially fits well for an MFP for home office or micro office based jobs.
Unbox your HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer from the box
Make your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer free from the box, and then remove all tapes and packing materials from the printer.
- Make your printer free from the shipment box.
- Eliminate all the tapes and packing materials from outside the printer.
- Shut down the ink cartridge access door.
- Make sure that you have eliminated all the hardware and packing materials prior to discarding the box or packing material.
- Affix the power cable, subsequently, switch on your printer.
- Join the power cable to the printer’s posterior side, and then the other end into an electrical power point. Switch on your HP Officejet pro 8650 printer.
- Arrange the ink cartridge into the correct place in the printer. Link the printer’s cable into a power socket so that the printer can be turned on.
- Plug- in the power cable to the printer’s rear side, and then connect the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer. Locate the ink cartridge into its corresponding slot. Make your ink cartridge access door opened.
- The carriage moves to the center portion of your printer. Pause until the printer is noiseless and then proceed.
- Take away one of the new ink cartridges from its package and clear all the tapes around it. Make sure that you do not touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Take off the plastic tape. Hold the ink cartridge along its sides to pull out the ink cartridge out of its respective slot.
- Affix the black ink cartridge into the right slot and the tri-color ink cartridge onto the left slot.
- Repeat this guidance to fix the other ink cartridge. Lower the ink cartridge access door.
- Mount the paper into the input tray with the print side looking down.
- Close the output tray so that you can pull out the output tray extender. Once the positioning of the paper gets completed, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Step 1: Get your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer ready for the installation
Gather the requirements, and then ratify the printer and computer connections before setting up your printer on the wireless network.
- The network name given is the Service Set identifier.
- The network password might also be called as WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- Employ broadband Internet access.
- Establish a USB cable connection to transfer wireless settings to the printer.
- Make sure that the router and the system are powered on, and link your system and the HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer to the same wireless network. Locate your printer and the computer at a closer distance to the router during the setup process.
- Detach any USB cable from the printer.
Step 2 : Directives to download and configure the driver
- Switch on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer.
- Detach the cable from the system, when the printer is connected to the system via a USB cable.
- Direct to our website and then click on the Software and Driver Download
- If it is directed, select the method to identify your printer model, and then use the instructions to go to the download page.
- Click on the Download option which is seen next to the HP Easy start or the option next to the full feature driver, liable to the option that displays.
- Access the folder which is downloaded, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the updated driver .dmg file to commence the installation.
- When it is instructed by the installer, click on the Add Printer option to commence a print queue on your Mac device. Pick out the printer name, choose the Use or Print Using option, and click Add.
- Get back to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
Wireless setup for Windows
Step 1 : Meet the requisites
- Be sure that you have an active wireless network.
- A system which is linked to the same network, either using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- Setup and power up the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer.
Commence with the software installation
From the computer, you wish to print from, select the upgraded 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer driver and software installation. It enables the wireless printer drivers and Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
- Trail the following method to start the software installation:
- If you have used an installation disc which supports the Windows system, place it into the computer disc drive and use the procedure to start the installation.
- Revert to our website and then click on the Downloads The full feature installation process initiates automatically after the software downloads.
- The software installation window proceeds until a Connect window opens. STOP at the connect window! Do not choose Continue at this point.
Step 2 : Customize the default wireless settings on the printer
Rebooting the wireless settings enables you to verify that the connection completes successfully.
- Switch on the HP Officejet pro 8650 printer.
- While your wireless light blinks, use the next step to continue installing the software.
- Long press on the printer’s power button at the time, tap on the Start Copy Black button twice and then go with Cancel button thrice.
- Release the power button. The wireless light in the wireless button must blink, re- do the procedure if the wireless light does not blink.
- Go the next step to setup the software. You have approximately 20 minutes to accomplish the software setup using HP auto wireless connect features.
Step 3 : Directives to install the software
- Navigate to the HP installation Connect screen on the system, and then click on the Continue
- Here you are employed with the instructions until a Connection Options screen displays.
- Affirm that the power button light on the printer glows fully and the wireless light blinks. If the power button light does not blink properly, press it once until it becomes bright.
- In the Connection option screen, Select on the Wireless option and then click on the Next
- Once the software installation has been completed, affirm your network configuration, one of the screens exhibits to provide you with the best available method to complete the wireless setup.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection
- Use the setup screen until an Active window screens. The 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer is set up and you can make an attempt to print or scan the document.
Steps to print photos with Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1 : Locate the photo paper properly into the photo tray
- Power on the HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer.
- Mount the paper inside the input tray such that it faces you and open it as far as possible.
- Drag out the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Position the photo paper in such a way that the short edge is placed forward and print side facing downward into the photo tray.
- Affirm that you move the paper forward until it stops.
- Drag out the paper width guides inside in such a way that they can be rested against the edges of the photo paper and affirm that the photo paper is centered in the tray.
- Clarify that you reinstall the output tray on the input tray, if you have removed it, and then slide in the input tray into the printer until it sits into the proper place.
Step 2 : Customize the print settings, and then print the photo
With the aid of Windows Photo Viewer, you can set up the print job and to affirm that the paper in the photo paper input tray is used.
- Right-click on the image which you would like to print, click on Print or click on the Open with à Windows Photo viewer à Print
- In the drop-down menu which is exhibited above the image, pick out your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer, alter the paper size and print quality. For the Paper type, choose HP Photo papers, and then click on Options.
- Under the Print Settings window, Click on the Printer Properties
- For borderless images, tap on the Printing Shortcut option, go with Photo Printing-Borderless. And then tap on the Paper or Quality
- From Paper or Quality option, pick out the Photo tray option from the Paper Source pop-up list, and then tap on the Advanced
- Under the Advanced menu, select 10* 15cm/4*6in in the Paper Size drop-down menu followed by Ok.
- Click on the Ok option from the Document Properties
- Go to the Print Pictures window, click Print.
- Once the document has been printed, take off the unused photo paper from the paper tray. The curved paper may retard your print quality.
Scan to a system
Scan the essential document or images from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder.
Step 1 : Scan a Document or Images
- Affirm that you have turn on your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer.
- Place the documents or photos:
- Scan with the aid of Scanner glass: fix the file with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then arrange it as per the guides around the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Scan with the aid of Using ADF: Fix the file into the document feeder tray. The print side of the page should be placed upward and the top edge should be gone into the tray first. Align the width guides to position the file.
Step 2 : Scan the desired file or documents
Do the scanning for the required document or photos and send it to the desired folder on your computer.
- On the printer’s control panel, select the Scan
- Tap Computer to scan to the connected computer.
- Pick out name of your computer where you want to save the scanned document.
- Select the Scan shortcut option, and then go with a shortcut which corresponds to the document or image you are scanning.
Directives to scan to a memory device
Scan the document or image and save it on a memory device.
Step 1 : Place the desired images or document
Scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder tray acts as a provision where you can keep your scanned document or images.
- Power on the HP Officejet Pro 8650 Setup printer.
- Keep the required documents or photos:
- For Scanner glass: Stack the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then arrange it according to the guides around the scanner glass. Shut down the scanner lid.
- For Automatic Document Feeder: Stack the file into the document feeder tray. The document should be placed in such a way that the printed side face upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Position the width guides to place the file in a proper position.
Step 2 : Scan the desired documents
Choose the memory device, and then scan from the printer’s control panel.
- Place the memory device into the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer.
- Go to the control panel of your printer to choose the Scan
- Tap on the Memory device.
- Pick out your file type and resolution.
- Choose the Start Scan option so that you can start to scan the document.
Fax – Configure a New Fax
Step 1 : Connect the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer for the Fax setup
Be sure that the hardware has been fully assembled before you connect the fax service.
Step 2 : Differentiate the type of telephone system you use
According to the country or region where you are residing, you have either a parallel or serial telephone system. The orders that lie for the fax setup gets varied on the basis of whether you have a parallel or serial phone system.
Step 3 : Systemizing the printer for fax operations
With the aid of the phone cord and any adapters that came along with the box to link the printer to the phone jack. If not, you may not be able to take a fax of the document successfully.
Click on the Plus sign and then trail the guides to systemize the printer for fax operation.
Parallel phone system
Step 4 : Systemize the fax volume as per the requirement
Trail the steps below to fix the volume of the fax ringer.
- Tap on the Home button on the printer’s control panel to access the main menu.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose fax-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose Settings-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose Advanced settings-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose Ring Settings-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose to Fax Sound Volume-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down Arrow so that you can choose Soft, Loud or Off-> Ok.
- Rearward to the Home button to swipe to the main display.
Step 5 : Systemize the fax header
On the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer’s control panel pick the following options
- Tap on the Home button so that you can go to display the main menu.
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose Fax->
- Tap on the Down arrow so that you can choose Setting-> Ok.
- Tap on the Down Arrow so that you can choose Fax Header-> Ok.
- Index your name or company name in the Enter name: field, and then click Ok.
- Index your fax number in the Enter number: field, and then click Ok.
- Tap on the Home button so that you can move to the main menu.
Step 6 : Systemize the printer for a Fax test
- Go to the Home screen so that you can click on the Down arrow to perform Fax->
- Tap on the down arrow so that you can move to Settings-> O
- Tap on the Advanced Settings, and then select Ok.
- Tap on Fax Reports->
- If required, press the down arrow so that you can move to Fax Test Report->
- Analyze the report and go along with the prompts.
Troubleshooting – Slow Printing for Windows
When the printer does not offer the expected speed, go with the steps and get your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer free from the error.
Step 1 : Resetting your HP Officejet Pro 8650 printer
- Power up your123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer.
- The power cord from the printer’s side should be disconnected when your printer is turned on.
- Pull out the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Hold on for 60 seconds.
- Insert the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the printer.
- Pause until the warm-up period completes, and the printer should be calm and stable before you go to the next step.
Step 2 : Verify the configured printer driver settings
Avail the best quality by choosing certain paper types. Get faster print speeds by allowing your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer to print in plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Find the printer under Windows, and then tap on the Devices and Printer option in the list of results.
- Make sure that you have double-clicked the printer icon.
- Double- press on the Set Preferences option.
- Pick out the paper type information.
- On the Quality settings area, affirm that the Draft or Normal option is chosen.
- Select either Ok or Apply to affirm the changes you have made, shut down the printer driver window, and the Devices and Printers window.
Let your printer to print the required documents. Follow the successive procedure if the printer issues have not been resolute.
Step 3 : Uninstallation of the printer driver- Directives
- The USB cable which is employed to link your printer to the system must be removed from the printer’s end.
- Search for the Programs and Features options from Windows, followed by the Programs and Features options in the available list.
- Uninstalling the available printer driver.
- Employ the instructions to complete the software removal.
- Booting up the computer should be done.
Step 4 : Directives for Printer driver reinstallation
Uninstall the available printer driver from the system, go to our website and then employ the instructions to reinstall the updated version of the printer driver and software.
Let your 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer to print a sample document. If the issue remains, navigate to the next step.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer driver- Directive
- Download the most recent updated firmware.
- Affirm that the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer is powered on, and is connected to the system, either via USB or a network.
- Move to our website, click on the Software and Driver Download option, and then key in your printer model number.
- Pick out the required operating system version.
- Open the Firmware-> Download
Suppose the firmware section is not screened, a firmware upgrade is currently unavailable.
- You can choose the Use HP Download and Install Assistant option and then select Install now.
- If the serial number is not screened in the list, pick out the printer model number, and then select the Update
- If the serial number is screened in the list, but the status is not applicable, it is not mandatory to update the printer firmware. Tap on the Cancel
- Once you have updated the firmware, tap on the Ok
- If you are instructed to use a USB cable, hold on for 20 seconds, and then tap Refresh.
- Look for the Devices and Printers option below Windows, and then select Devices and Printers from the sorted list.
- Right-click the USB printer driver that matches the printer model, and then tap on the Remote Device
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer before rebooting the printer.
Make your printer print a sample document. If the issue exists, skip to the next step.
Step 6 : Customize the existing network status
If you have used either Wired or Wireless network to connect the printer, follow the tips and guidance to resolute the slow printing issue.
- Check the wireless signal strength by tapping the wireless icon in the Windows taskbar on the system. If the signal strength is not good, place the router, computer and the printer closer to each other.
- Suppose the 123.HP.Com ojpro8650 printer is linked to the network with an aid of the Ethernet cable, affirm that the cable connection is secure.
- The router can be rebooted up by detaching the cable and connecting it again after few minutes.