How to Change Ink in HP Envy 4502
- In case you install new ink cartridge,the printer urges you to insert plain paper into the input tray for cartridge alignment.
- Unlock the paper tray door and then drag it towards you to extend the paper tray. Tug out the paper tray extender.
- Elevate the paper catch. Move the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Feed plain paper into the input tray with the short edge moving forward . Shove the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Adjust the paper width guides until they rest against the edge of the paper. Adjust the paper tray until it snaps into place.
- Now,switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Raise the scanner lid. Unseal the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait for the carriage to slide to the cartridge access area and to be inactive. Take out the new cartridge from the package.
- Pull out the orange tab to discard the plastic tape. Grasp the ink cartridge nozzles facing the printer’s rear.
- Now,move the cartridge into the empty slot. Seal the lid on the cartridge slot to protect it from drying up.
- You need to redo the above procedures for all other cartridges. After completing it,seal the cartridge access door.
- Make use of the on-screen instructions to begin the alignment of the cartridge.
- Now,the printer aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page. In case you are not able to print the page,move to the next step.
- On the control panel of the printer,select the Tools icon and then press the OK icon.
- Now,select the Down arrow to navigate to Align Printer and then select the OK icon. Now,the cartridges are aligned.
- In case you need to examine the ink level in the cartridge, look for the ink symbol on the printer’s control panel.
- Download the Smart App on your mobile phone to view the ink level from any location
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool in the Windows operating system to view the ink level.
- In case the ink level is critically low,it is necessary to replace the ink cartridges with the new one.
How to fix ink cartridge issues
- Make certain that the cartridges are compatible with the printer and uses standard ink one.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are installed properly. Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the cartridge access area and inactive.
- To uninstall the cartridge,elevate the lid on the cartridge slot and then smoothly shove it until it stops.
- Drag the cartridge out to uninstall it from the slot. Discard the protective tape from the ink cartridge.
- Grasp the cartridge at a slight upward angle and then move the cartridge into the empty slot.
- Seal the lid on the cartridge slot to fix it into place. Redo the above steps for other cartridges.
- You need to wipe the electrical contacts using a clean and moist cloth to remove the dust and debris in it.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the cartridges again to solve the cartridge issue.
- Reboot the printer. Switch on the printer. Detach the power cable from the printer’s rear and to the electrical socket.
- Halt for a minute. Connect the power cable to the printer’s rear and to the electrical socket.
- Look for the defective ink cartridge. If you find it ,you need to replace it with a new one.
- Once you are done with above steps,try to print from the printer.