HP Deskjet 1512 Setup
Print the documents you require in a snap. Designed to fit in tight spaces and budgets, this printer is meek to set up and use right out of the box. Count on high-quality prints while also saving energy with a 123.HP.Com dj1512 printer that’s ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Printing made modest.
- Designed to fit your life.
- Inexpensive at-home printing.
- Eases your impact.
- Paper capacity: 60 sheets
- Maximum print resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Straight-through paper path
- Simple, twin-cartridge maintenance
First-time 123.HP.Com dj1512 Printer setup
To set up your printer initially, eliminate all packing materials, link the power cord, mount the ink cartridges, and then mount paper in the input tray.
Unbox the printer from the box
Eliminate the printer from the box, and then eliminate all tape, stickers, and packing materials from the printer.
- Eliminate the 123.HP.Com dj1512 printer from the box.
- Eliminate all tape and packing materials from the outside of the printer.
- Shut the output tray.
- Reach inside the printer, grip the handle, and then shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Eliminate all tape and packing materials from inside the printer.
- Lower the ink cartridge access door.
- Ensure that you eliminate all hardware and materials from the box before you remove or reprocess the box and packing materials.
Link the power cord and then switch on the printer
Join the printer into a power socket to switch on the printer.
- Link the power cord to the back of the printer, and then join the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket.
- Switch on the Power button to turn on the printer.
Mount the ink cartridges
Mount the HP ink cartridges that were sent in the box with your 123.HP.Com dj1512 printer.
- Grip the handle and expose the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- The carriage moves to the middle of the printer.
- Wait until the printer is mute before you proceed.
- Eliminate one of the ink cartridges from its package. Be cautious to only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Eliminate the plastic tape.
- Grip the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles near the printer, and then pull out the ink cartridge into its correct slot.
- Attach the black ink cartridge into the right slot and the tri–color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Glide the new ink cartridge at a raised angle into the empty slot, and then softly push up on the ink cartridge until it locks into its place.
- Recap these steps to mount the other ink cartridge.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
Mount paper into the input tray
Mount plain paper in the input tray after you mount the ink cartridges.
- Lift the input tray.
- Slide the paper width guide as far out as possible to the left.
- Mount a load of paper into the input tray with the print side facing you. Shove the stack into the tray until it rests.
- Slide the paper-width guides to the right till they rest at the edge of the paper. Do not shove the guides in so strongly that they bend the paper.
- Shut the output tray, and then tug out the output tray extender.
- After mounting the paper, the printer mechanically prints an alignment page.