How to install HP Deskjet 1515 Setup
STEP 1: First, open the printer box and you will find the power cord, setup poster, ink cartridges, user guide and the driver installation disc for both Windows and Mac. Next, slide the printer out of the box.
STEP 2: Remove the Styrofoam endcaps from the sides of the printer. Remove all the packaging material inside the printer. Remove the twist tie from the power cord. Plug one end of the power cord in the rear of the printer
STEP 3: Connect the other end to a Power source. Make sure there are no packing materials under the scanner lid. Press the Power button to turn on the printer and the printer will start to initialize. Wait for the printer to stop making noise.
STEP 4: On your printer’ control panel, you can configure the initial settings. Select your preferred language and location. Open the cartridge access door. Open the package containing the black ink cartridge.
STEP 5: Make sure you remove the protective tab from the cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.The contacts must face the back of the printer for a correct installation.
STEP 6: Slide the cartridge into the slot and press it firmly until it clicks into place. Now, place the tri-color cartridge into the left slot. Close the cartridge access door. Pull out the paper input tray.
STEP 7: Adjust the paper guides all the way to the left. Align a stack of paper and load it into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides until it rests on the edge of the paper. The printer will calibrate and an alignment page will print.
STEP 8: Scan the alignment page to complete the first-time printer setup. Install the driver software and then connect your printer and computer. The connection can be made via USB. Try to print a test page.
HP Deskjet 1515 Setup Wireless Printer
- You cannot setup a wireless connection for your Deskjet 1515 printer and computer. It only supports Hi-Speed USB connection. If you are using a printer that supports wireless connection, then follow the below steps to get your devices connected.
- Confirm that iOS 4.2 or later is running on your Apple device. Disconnect the USB cable from your printer and computer. Make sure both the Apple device and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- On your printer's control panel, press the Wireless button to connect to the Wireless network. The printer will search for all the networks available within the range. Choose your network's name.
- If prompted, enter a password. The wireless light will be on if it is connected. On your Apple device, go to Network options and turn on Wi-Fi. Open the document you want to Print and take a Preview of the same before printing.
- On the Printer Options menu, Select Printer, and then select your printer from the list. Tap Options to change other settings like paper size and no of pages if necessary. Once the modifications are done, click Print.
- The document will be printed. If No AirPrint Printers Found message is displayed, then check if your printer is connected to a wireless network and if it supports AirPrint feature.