HP DESKJET 2649 PRINTER SETUP
123.HP.Com dj2649 All-in-One printer delivers easy printing, scanning as well copying that can be accessed from anywhere in your home. Affordable, easy setup process and a product that conserves space are the major selling points of this Deskjet printer.
- A 3 in 1 printer, capable of printing, scanning and copying.
- Provided with 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 via built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- The printer prints up to 7 ppm
- Print wirelessly from any room in your house with a smartphone, tablet, and PC.
- Employ AirPrint to print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Connect your printer to the wireless network automatically right after unboxing it, using HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Always have your printer on hand to scan directly to your mobile device with HP Printer Control.
- Full value print more for less with optional high-capacity cartridges
- Save your space with a compact all-in-one design to fit where you need it
- Product designed to conserve energy that qualifies with ENERGY STAR.
- Small effort, big impact. Count on easy, free cartridge recycling through HP Planet Partners.
- Ink-jet color printing technology
- Seven segment LCD display with feature icons
- Auto Wireless Connect & Wireless Direct printing
- Print wirelessly from smart-devices
First Time 123.HP.Com dj2649 Printer Setup
Step 1 : Check the contents of the box
Look for the contents listed in the box to make sure of the items are shipped along with the printer. The contents might vary by country or region.
Step 2 : Unpack the printer
- Remove your new HP DeskJet 2540 printer from the box and place it on a flat surface. Remove the seal and padding materials from the outside of the printer.
- To remove the seal and padding materials from the inside of the printer, open the output tray, and then open the cartridge access door.
- After clearing all the padding materials from inside the printer, close the cartridge access door and then the output tray.
- Reprocess or discard the padding materials.
Step 3 : Connecting the printer
- Make sure you are provided with a power cord. Check the package before you proceed.
- Connect the power cord from the adaptor to the rear slot of the printer and the other end of the power cord to the wall outlet.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Power button to turn it on.
Step 4 : Loading paper into the input tray
- Hold-up the input tray, lower the output tray, and then pull out the tray extender.
- Load in a pile of U.S. Letter or A4 paper with the short edge forward and the print side up to the input tray and push the pile into the tray until it stops.
- Slide in the paper width guide until it rests on the sides of the paper.
Step 5 : Install the cartridges
- Once you open the cartridge access door, fit the cartridges into the printer, the carriage moves to the center of the 123.HP.Com dj2649 printer. Wait until the printer is idle and remain silent before you continue.
- Take out the new cartridge from its packaging. Remove the plastic tape by pulling the orange tab out from the top of the cartridge.
- Be careful when you hold the cartridge. Hold the sides of the ink cartridges with the nozzles facing towards the printer and implant the cartridge into its respective slot.
- Make sure the tri-color cartridge goes into the slot on the left side and the black carriage goes into the slot on the right side.
- Push the cartridge towards its slot and repeat these steps to install the other cartridge.
- After the completion of ink cartridge installation, close the cartridge access door and wait for 30 seconds for the alignment page to automatically print.
Step 6 : Align the ink cartridges
- Elevate the scanner lid and with the print side down, place the alignment page on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. For help, look at the engraved guide next to the scanner glass to load the paper.
- After loading the alignment paper, close the scanner lid and press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button on the printer’s control panel. The printer aligns the cartridges.
Step 7 : Installing the HP printer software
- After completing the 123.HP.Com dj2649 printer hardware setup, you can install the printing software. Until you are prompted by the installer, do not connect the printer to your computer.
- Download the latest version of the printing software for HP DeskJet 2649 from our website.