HP D5560 Specification
- The HP D5560 is an inkjet color printer. It works on HP Thermal InkJet color. It operates with two cartridges.
- It offers a recommended monthly duty cycle of 3000 pages. It has a 80 sheet input tray.
- It has a built-in LCD status indicator. It supports both wired and wireless connectivity. It provides USB and Wi-fi modes of connection.
- It is Energy Star Certified and helps you conserve power usage.
- It offers a maximum printing resolution of 1200 dpi b/w and 4800 X 1200 dpi color.
- It delivers a maximum printing speed of 28 ppm (b/w) and 21 ppm (color).
- It supports media from a minimum of 3.5 X 5 in to a maximum of 8.5 X 30 in. It lets you print borderless photos at 3.95 X 5.9 in and 5.12 X 71in. It supports A4, A5, B5, A6, and C6 media.
- It is a compact printer and weighs 2.71 kg or 5.76 pounds. The input tray can hold up to 80 plain sheets. The output tray can hold up to 50 sheets.
Driver and manual Download
The user guide is a brief document that explains how to install, use and troubleshoot your printer. A user guide offers to the point advice and employs clear language to help the customer. It offers illustrated description of the various printer parts and their functions. A well-structured index allows the user to quickly navigate the document and find solutions to their issues. You can download the user manual from our website.
A driver is a piece of software that acts as a interpreter between the hardware and the software. It enables efficient functioning of your hardware. It ensures that the printing requirements selected in the software are delivered by the printer. You can download the printer driver software from our website.
- You can download the printer driver and software for your Deskjet D5660 from our website. For windows, your file will be in .exe format. You will be required to choose Run, Open or Save the file.
- Selecting Run or Open will launch the installer, once the download is complete. If you click Save, you will be able to run the installer at any point of time. If you have selected Save, you can access your file in the Downloads bar of the browser or in the Downloads folder of your computer.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You might be required to connect to the printer during the installation process.
- The full feature printer driver for your Deskjet 5660 can be downloaded from our website. For Mac, your file will be .dmg file format. You will be required to choose Run, Open or Save. Click Save and your file will start downloading.
- Once the file is downloaded, you will be able to access it from the Downloads folder of the computer or from the Downloads bar of your browser.
- Run the installer. If you are required to add the printer to the printer queue, choose DeskJet 5660, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose the DeskJet 5660 in the pop-up menu and then select Add. Go back to the HP installer to finish the process.
How to Print
- Prior to printing, alter the document to adjust text font and size, layout, and to alter any other visual settings.
- In the software you created the document in, select File or the menu icon, then select Print to open general print settings.
- To change more layout, quality and advanced print configuration, select Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window appears.
- Some of the settings you can change include orientation, source, paper type, paper size, and the print on both sides of the page option.
- You can also edit the quality and color. After making the necessary changes, select Print.
- Prior to printing, edit the document to alter text font and size, select layout options, and edit any other appearance configurations.
- In the application you created the document, choose File, then select Print. The printer settings window appears. Choose DeskJet 5560 from the Printer menu.
- From the Presets menu, choose an option that matches your requirements or paper type. Select the unnamed menu in the middle of the window to choose different settings, then alter any of the settings such as Paper type and size, Paper tray and source, Quality, Color, duplexing and scaling. And then, choose Print. Your document will be printed.
Refill ink cartridges
You are advised not to refill the ink cartridges manually. Doing so might affect the performance of your printer.
- Ensure that your printer is powered up. Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the middle of the printer. Wait until the printer is inactive and quiet before you proceed. Gently push down the ink cartridge to remove it, and then take the ink cartridge out of its slot.
- You will need a 1 ml expendable syringe. There is usually a black region in the white sticker over the top-cover of the cartridge. You can peel off the sticker to spot the hole.
- Make sure that the needle size is very small. If you draw ink into the syringe too quickly, you will cause air-gaps. Air-gaps might deter your ink cartridge’s performance. Before you inject ink through the hole ensure that there are no air-bubbles. Keep a piece of paper or cloth to wipe any stains that might occur during the process. Inject the ink into the cartridge.
- Ensure that you do not overfill the cartridge beyond its capacity. It is advised that you fill the cartridge only to near-capacity and not completely. After the cartridge is replenished, it should be permitted to set for a few hours. This enables the ink to settle inside the cartridge.
- Once the ink settles, lift the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles pointing toward the printer, and then place the cartridge into its slot. Ensure that the cartridge is placed in its dedicated slot.
- The tri-color cartridge is usually fixed on the left and the black cartridge sits in the slot to the right. Press the cartridge into its slot until it locks into position. Repeat the process to remove the cartridge, if needed. Close the Cartridge access door.
Connecting using One Button Wireless Setup with a WPS enabled router
- You will need a Wireless 802.11 network that has a WPS-enabled router or access point.
- A computer or laptop that can connect wirelessly.
- You can use the push button to connect. Push the wireless button on the printer for two seconds.
- Push a similar button on the WPS-enabled router. The Wireless icon and signal reception bar are solid on successful setup of the wireless network. Install the printer software.
- You can use the PIN method for Wireless Setup. Place the paper into the input tray with the short edge point forward and the print side facing down. Push the stack of paper forward until it halts.
- Push the paper-width guide to the right until it halts at the edge of the paper.
- Begin Wi-fi Protected setup by pressing and holding the resume button for two seconds. Wireless test starts followed by a report printout and a network configuration report printout. Push and hold the wireless button and provide the pin on a computer for the router. The wireless icon and signal strength become solid on successful set up of the wireless network.
Traditional Wireless Connection
- Place the printer Software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive. Follow the on-screen prompts. When prompted, connect the product to the computer via the USB setup cable.
- When the setup is complete, you will be prompted to remove the USB cable and check the wireless network connection. Once the device connects successfully to the network, install the printer software on each computer that will use the printer over the network.
Troubleshooting common description
Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
For Windows Users : In case you have a file open in the application you are printing from, store your work. Your current print jobs will be deleted and will need to printed again later. Select the Windows icon or press Win key + S on your keyboard. Enter services.msc in the search box and push the enter key. Choose Print Spooler from the services list. Click Restart the service or click the restart button. If this does not solve the issue, go to step 3.
- For Mac users, select the apple menu icon, and then choose System Preferences. Select Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax. In the Printers and Scanners window, examine the list of devices on the left side.
- You must be able to find only one printer queue name in the list for each printer connected to the computer. If you spot more than one printer name, remove all extra printers by choosing them and select the minus button at the bottom of the list. Keep one printer in the list that matches DeskJet 5560.
- If this does not work reset the printer. After switching on the printer, wait for it to go inactive and quiet. Remove the power cord from the back of the printer then detach the other end of the cord from the wall outlet. After one minute, fix the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet. The printer should automatically turn on. If not, switch on the printer. Once the printer finishes warming up, attempt printing.