How to Refill Ink Cartridges – HP Envy 4501 Printer
It is not advisable to 123 hp envy 4501 ink refill the cartridge as it may affect the print quality of a document. However, you can follow the guidelines given below to refill the ink cartridge.
- Ensure that you collect your kit, a roll of paper towels and a clear scotch tape. Place it on a large flat working surface, a table or desk.
- Carefully remove the empty cartridge from the printer and then shut the printer lid or door.
- Ensure that you cover your hands with a pair of disposable gloves. Now, take a paper towel and fold it in half twice.
- Wipe any leaking ink with the paper towel. Go through the instructions in the manual to learn how to refill your ink cartridge.
- Ensure that you locate the fill holes on the top of the cartridge. You will be able to feel the depressions by rubbing your finger across the label.
- Note that only you will fill a hole that leads to the ink reservoir. It may have a sponge in it.
- Make sure that you use a sharp pencil to pierce the refill holes in the top of the ink cartridge or take the top label off with a knife or screwdriver.
- Follow the instructions in the kit to insert the colors in their respective holes.
- Ensure that the long needle of the refill ink bottle is inserted in the correct hole penetrating the foam down.
- Ascertain that you do not push air into the cartridge foam while refilling it.
- Make sure that you do not over-fill ink in the hole and then slowly release the air, sucking a little ink back out of the ink cartridge.
- Ensure that you carefully daub the cartridge contacts on the paper towel. A splotch of the ink may leak out on the paper towel.
- Now, carefully cover the hole with a small piece of clear scotch tape and then repeat the above steps to refill other ink colors.
123 HP Envy 4501 Printer – Resolving Ink cartridge problems
When you install a cartridge, sometimes the printer may not print and it may display an error message on the control panel. Follow the steps below to resolve the cartridge problems.
- Ensure that the newly installed cartridges are compatible with your printer and that they are unmodified, genuine HP cartridges.
- Now, take out the cartridge to check if it is damaged and then insert it again into its slot.
- Carefully clean the electrical contacts with a dry, lint-free cloth. Press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Now, open the scanner lid. Remove and reinsert the cartridges again to resolve the issue.
- Repeat the above steps to remove and reinsert the cartridges. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Clean the cartridge contacts again to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Now, restart the printer and then check if the cartridge is empty or low on ink.
- When you install a new cartridge, the printer may prompt you to load paper to complete a cartridge alignment.
- Follow the on-screen steps to load paper. If the issue persists, make sure that you replace the cartridge. If the issue persists, service the printer.