HP Envy 5540 scan to computer support
The HP Envy 5540 is an e-all-in-one printer. It supports wireless direct printing and offers 1 USB 2.0 and Wi-fi 802.11b/g/n for connectivity. The control panel has a wireless light, back button, help button and home button. It lets you access Copy, Scan, HP Printables, Photo, Setup, Help, ePrint icon Wi-fi Direct icon, Wireless icon, Eco, and the Ink icon. The 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer comes with HP auto-off technology which saves energy consumption.
- It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of up to 1000 pages.
- It delivers prints at a maximum 12 ppm for ISO (black) and a maximum 22 ppm for draft (black).
- For color prints, it prints at 8 ppm (ISO) and 21 ppm (draft).
- It offers a scan resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi at a maximum scan size of 216 X 297 mm (8.5 X 11.7 in).
- It has a standard input capacity of 15 sheets (secondary tray) and an output capacity of 25 sheets.
- It offers automatic duplexing option which is useful for taking prints on both sides.
- It has a maximum copy speed of 21 cpm for black and 19 cpm for color.
- It uses HP Thermal ink jet technology and is energy star qualified.
How to Scan from the Computer
Scanning lets you store a digital image of a physical document in the computer. The following instructions show how to scan a photo or document from HP Envy 5540.
HP Envy 5540 Scan to Computer Windows
Eliminate and re-include the HP Envy 5540 aio printer copier scanner wireless to ensure communication with the Mac.
- Install the software and driver for you HP Envy 5540 for your operating system. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer, and then when prompted to choose software to install, choose the recommended option that includes HP Scan.
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder, based on your printer type and features.
- Examine Windows for ‘HP’, choose your HP Envy 5540 in the results to open HP Printer Assistant, and then choose Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- Choose a shortcut that matches your requirement such as file type and fulfills the resulting action you want. Alter any of the available configuration in the right pane if required, and then choose Scan.
HP Envy 5540 Scan to Computer Mac
- Keep the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, and then lower the scanner lid. If your printer has an automatic document feeder, you can scan multiple page document.
- Search Mac for scan, and then choose HP Easy Scan in the list of results to open the app. Choose HP Envy 5540 from the Scanner drop down menu.
- Choose a scan job type from the Presets menu, and then choose scan. Choose the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel, and then choose Edit to alter colors, straighten the scan, or crop the dimensions.
- Choose Send in the bottom right corner of the window, and then choose Folder.
- In the window that appears, check or change the file name or folder location and then choose Save.
HP Envy 5540 scan multiple pages or photos
You can use the HP Envy 5540 scan multiple pages or photos. To store multiple photos into one file, you must use the PDF document-related shortcut. Choose a resolution configuration of 300 DPI or lower.
- Search Windows for ‘HP’, choose HP Envy 5540 in the results window to access HP Printer Assistant, and then choose Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- In HP Scan, choose the Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut to scan the item. If you scanned multiple pages from the ADF, choose Save. All pages will save into a single file.
- If you are scanning from the scanner glass, place the next page or photo on the glass, and then push the plus button in the HP Scan preview window to scan the subsequent item.
- Repeat this method until all photos are scanned, and then choose save. Make sure that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu, change the file name and the folder you want to store the scan to, and then click Save.