HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
This document provides you the steps to overcome the HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting issue when it does not maintain wireless network connection after setup. When this HP Envy 5540 printer troubleshooting issue occurs, the printer goes offline and does not let you print or scan.Hence before following these steps, ensure that your printer is connected to a wireless network.
Ink Cartridge Problem HP Envy 5540
The 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer does not print after installing the ink cartridge or if the ‘Cartridges missing’ or Ink Cartridge Problem HP Envy 5540 error message displays on the printer control panel. Read and perform the steps given below to resolve the cartridge issue.
Step 1: Make sure you use genuine and reliable HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Go to HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or obtain replacement cartridges and other supplies.
- Go to HP SureSupply.
- If required, choose your country/region.
- Follow the prompts on the computer screen to order new products or check cartridge compatibility with your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer.
You can also buy genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other stores. If installing reliable Ink Cartridge Problem HP Envy 5540 resolved the issue, you can discontinue HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting.
Step 2: Inspect the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Examine the ink cartridges to find the faulty cartridges that are to be replaced.
Steps to be followed to inspect the cartridges:
- Switch on your printer using the power button.
- Open the ink cartridge access door by lifting it.
- Pull the ink cartridge towards you to release it from its slot.
- See if there are any protective tapes that are sticking onto the ink cartridge nozzles.
- Replace the ink cartridge into the empty slot by sliding it towards in, and then push the ink cartridge upwards until it snaps into place.
- Reinsert the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Reinsert the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Repeat the instructions given above to remove, inspect, and reinsert the other Ink Cartridge Problem HP Envy 5540.
- Lower the ink cartridge access door. When the door is closed completely, the Door Open prompts a message, ‘The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed.’ fades, and the HP Envy 5540 printer troubleshooting gets back to the Home screen.
Clean the HP Envy 5540 Ink cartridge contacts
- Take a clean and dry swab and filtered water.
- Power on your 123 HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Open the access door of the ink cartridge and then unplug the power cable.
- Unplug any USB cables that is connected and press on any of the cartridges to pull it out of its slot.
- Holding the sides of the ink cartridge, make certain to not touch the copper contacts present on the cartridge.
- Make use of a moist and lint-free swab, clean the cartridge contacts and let it dry for a few minutes
- Also, clean the electrical contacts in the cartridge access area and let the contacts dry for a while.
- Insert the cartridges into their respective slots.
- Shut the access door of the cartridge.
- Reinsert the power cable and the USB cable. Power on your printer.
Repeat the steps that you have performed earlier to remove and then reinsert the ink cartridges. The cartridges must be placed firmly into its place.
If the error does not display on the control panel and you can able to print, you can discontinue the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting steps.
If the cartridge error persists displaying on the printer control panel, continue to the next step.Step 5: Clean the electrical contacts once again
Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts once again can help resolve the cartridge issue. Repeat the steps that you have performed earlier to clean the electrical contacts on the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges.Step 6: Reset the printer
- Switch on your printer and unplug the power cable.
- Wait for a while.
- Reinsert the power cable on the Envy 5540 printer and the wall socket.
- Switch on the printer.
If the cartridge error persists, try executing the next step.Step 7: Replace the ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge
Replace the faulty cartridge with a new cartridge and then align the HP Envy 5540 printer troubleshooting.