HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password Setup and Support
Features and Specifications
The best feature of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer is probably its diverse functionality. It gives you the option to explore multiple print options without worrying about ink or toner expenditure. This printer scores not only in terms of quality, it can produce prints at swift speeds and offers a satisfactory duty cycle of up to 1000 prints a month as HP Envy 5540 aio printer copier scanner wireless.
Locate Your Wireless HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password
To print remotely, you require the remote system secret key to associate your HP Envy 5540 aio printer copier scanner wireless to your remote system. The secret key may be known as the Wi-Fi security key, WEP key, or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. Your remote secret word is for the most part given by your ISP, and you may have changed the watchword.
- Discover the secret word from a PC associated with the remote system
- You may have the capacity to locate the remote system secret key from a PC that is associated with the remote system. To see the system security secret word (key) on a Windows PC, open the system properties window.
- In Windows, scan for see organize associations, and select View arrange associations from the query items.
- The Network Connections window opens.
- Right-tap the system name, at that point click Status.
- The HP Envy 5540 wifi setup Status or Wireless Network Connection Status window opens.
- Snap Wireless Properties.
- Tap the Security tab, at that point tap the Show characters check box to see the remote system secret word.
- Discover the secret word on the switch
- Numerous switches from an ISP have a name on the back or base that demonstrates the remote an underlying remote system secret word. The remote system secret word may likewise be marked as remote key, WPA key, security watchword, remote secret key, WPA watchword, WPA2 secret key, or WEP watchword.
- Discover the secret key on the Internet benefit printed material
- You can likewise check the documentation from the ISP. Regularly, the appreciated letter from your ISP has the system name and secret word. Contact your Internet specialist co-op for help.
123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer/USB Setup For Windows & Mac
This instruction is to setup the HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password through USB connection for computers running on Windows. Your Windows computer must be installed with the full feature HP Envy 5540 driver to avail most supported features from a USB connected printer.
HP Envy 5540 setup instruction-Windows
Step1: Downloading the software and making a wireless connection to the printer,
It is essential to connect your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer to the network before sending the print/ scan job based on the required functionality. Once the connection is established, the installation of software should be done. Find below the instructions that let you to set up your printer over the wireless network.
Step2: making the wireless connection on your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer
- Get ready with all the required materials before establishing the network connection on the HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password.
- Once it is downloaded, open the file to install it.
- You are provided with the instructions to complete the 123 hp com envy5540 installation process.
- Gather the network name, security passphrase.
- Own a computer with an active internet connection.
- It is recommended to use a cable or DSL.
- Don’t forget to place the printer close to the computer at the time of installation.
- Place the router, computer and the printer nearer to each other.
- Remove USB or Ethernet cable linked to the HP Envy 5540 aio printer copier scanner wireless.
- Here are the instructions for the users who used a USB connection earlier and wish to shift the connection to the HP Envy 5540 wireless setup.
- Open Windows and search for the model name of the printer, and then tap it from the list.
- The printer software gets opened.
- Open Utilities-> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap the option Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer.
- Go after the on- screen instructions to finish the 123 hp com envy5540 installation process.
Step 3: Make a link to the HP Envy 5540 wireless setup network
Built- in Wizard Setup Wizard let you to do 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup over the wireless network.
- Your printer should be kept on while attempting to establish the wireless connection.
- Enable Wireless by pressing the Wireless icon on the printer control panel.
- Tap Settings icon -> Wireless Setup Wizard to view the list of available network.
- Select your HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password printer name. You are instructed to enter the network name manually by clicking the Enter New Network Name option if is not shown on its own.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key if instructed. You should be careful while entering it as they are case sensitive.
- Click Done and then Ok.
Step 4: Download and install the correct 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer software on your computer
The procedures on how to download and install the HP Envy 5540 driver are given here for you:
- Take out the USB cable from the computer which is already used.
- Go along with the on- screen instructions to complete the Download and install the driver.
HP Envy 5540 wireless setup Instruction For Mac
Collect the wireless network items, establish the wireless connection, install the HP Envy 5540 driver and software on your Mac whose operating system is either OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, or OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If the printer is not already installed, go ahead with Set up the printer with a HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password steps.
- Take a look at the Change an existing USB or wired (Ethernet) connection to a wireless connection steps to shift the connection type.
The procedure to setup the 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer over the wireless network is the same as explained for Windows operating system.Shifting the existing connection from USB or wired to a wireless connection
Installing the printer software or the OS- driver is mandatory to shift the current connection type from USB or wired to wireless.Step 1: Establishing the printer to the wireless network
Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to setup your printer over the HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password network.
- Switch on your 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer.
- Go to the printer control panel to enable the Wireless icon, then click the Settings icon. Go to the Wireless Setup Wizard to see the list of available networks.
- Go with the name of your wireless network. If you can’t get the network name, you should enter it manually in Enter new Network Name column.
- If directed, you should enter the WEP or WPA key.
- Tap Done and then go with OK.
Eliminate and re-include the HP Envy 5540 aio printer copier scanner wireless to ensure communication with the Mac.
- Open the Apple menu, go to System Preferences to view the System preferences window.
- Tap Print & Fax, Print & Scan, Printers & Scanners as per your requirement.
- Your printer name should be selected from the Printers section, then tap the Minus sign to eliminate the printer from the current list.
- The link established by the USB cable should be removed from the printer.
- Once the printer gets eliminated from the list, tap the Plus sign, choose your printer from the Bonjour device’s list, then click on Add HP Envy 5540 Wifi Password.