123 HP ENVY 5540 Won’t Print Wirelessly
- The HP Envy 5540 Printer is a wireless all-in-one printer that best suits for home and prints documents at low-cost, producing lab-quality photos, creative projects, borderless, and laser-quality documents. It is embedded with advanced mobile printing features that enable or makes it easy to print from your iPad, iPhone, or connected PC or Mac at home.
- It is capable of printing high-quality photos from your iOS device without switching paper using separate photo paper tray. It prints high quality looking documents and photos in both black-and-white and color all for the same low price. With the 25-page automatic document feed and automatic two-sided printing, you can manage multiple pages quickly with 123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer.
- It is designed with a 3.5- inch (8.89 cm) touchscreen where you can edit and print photos easily. It supports maximum printing resolution up to 1200×1200 dpi for mono and up to 4800×1200 dpi for color. It supports maximum printing speed up to 22 ppm (mono) and up to 21 ppm (color).
- It is embedded with nozzle configuration of 704 nozzles (black) and 608 nozzles (color).It is created with HP Thermal inkjet technology. The Drivers & utilities, HP Photo Creations are the software included in this 123 HP Envy 5540 Printer. It supports maximum media size of A4/legal. It is capable of copying up to 21 ppm (A4) for the black and white draft.
- It is capable of copying up to 19 ppm (A4) for a color draft. It supports media types such as cards, envelopes, iron-on transfers, labels, photo paper, plain paper, and transparencies. It supports HP ePrint, HP Auto Wireless Connect, and wireless direct printing and HP Envy 5540 won’t print wirelessly. You can save documents to the memory card and can print from there.
HP ENVY 5540 PRINTER WON’T PRINT WIRELESSLY
You have connected your HP Envy 5540 printer to a wireless network, but the connection drops and due to this the printer loses its connection, so the printer goes offline and you cannot print or scan. Try the steps given below accordingly to troubleshoot the HP Envy 5540 won’t print wirelessly issue.
- Step 1: Restart the printer and the router to troubleshoot the connectivity issues. After restarting them check if the issue is cleared.
- Step 2: Download and follow the on-screen instructions to run the HP print and scan doctor tool to identify and resolve the problem.
- Step 3: If the issue is still there, based on your printer control panel type, check the status of the printer’s wireless light.
- Step 4: The wireless light should be on. If the error is there, print a “Wireless Network Test Results” report to identify the exact problem.
- Step 5: Minimize wireless channel interference, as there might be interference between the networks if several networks use the same channel to your network.
- Step 6: If the HP Envy 5540 won’t print wirelessly error is still there, then try to change the wireless network name as it may resolve the connectivity issues.
- Step 7: Additional routers might cause performance issues and network interference. So check and turn off the routers that are not being used.
- Step 8: Now, check if the issue or error is cleared, if not then place or move the printer and the router closer together.
- Step 9: Compare the printer IP address to the router IP address using a printer Network Configuration Report and check if they are same.
- Step 10: If they differ, then the printer is not connected properly to your wireless network. So you should restart the router and 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer.
- Step 11: If the error persists still, update the printer firmware. Also, assign the printer a manual IP address and check for error.
123 HP ENVY 5540 PRINTER COPY PROBLEMS
When you try to copy from the automatic document feeder (ADF) or flatbed, the printout may have some quality issues, such as horizontal or vertical lines, poor resolution, or color bands. Try these steps to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Try to clean the scanner, as fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris might settle on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot which in turn may result or cause lines and color bands.
Step 2: Sometimes resetting the printer can fix the problem. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from both the printer and wall outlet. Wait for 60 seconds and connect the power cord back to the printer and wall outlet.
Step 3: If there is any paper residue or dust on the rollers or separator pad which is present inside the automatic document feeder (ADF), it may result in copy quality issues. So open the ADF, and clean the rollers and separator pad.
Step 4: If the copy settings are available, then change them as it might resolve the copy issues. All the printers won’t have the option to change or alter copy quality settings, and certain printers have more or less quality options.
Step 5: If the paper size and type in the input tray is not similar to the paper size and type settings on the printer control panel, it may result in copy-related issues. If above steps didn’t resolve the issue, service the printer.
HOW TO FIX INK CARTRIDGES ISSUES
The printer does not print after you had installed the cartridges, and instead displays an error message. Under certain circumstances, the issues might occur with compatible HP cartridges too. The instructions for resolving the ink cartridge issues are given in step by step manner. Try the steps described below accordingly to overcome the ink cartridges issues.
Step 1: Remove the ink cartridges and check if any protective tape is left on the cartridges. If there remove it from the cartridges.
Step 2: Then reinsert the ink cartridges back to the empty slot and then gently push the cartridges until they suit into the place.
Step 3: Clean the electrical contacts, as if the electrical contacts have ink or debris buildup, then 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer might not recognize the cartridges.
Step 4: If the cartridge problem is not cleared, then try to remove, inspect and reinsert the ink cartridges again into the empty slot.
Step 5: Try to clean the electrical contacts on the cartridges and in the cartridge slots again and check if the cartridge error is cleared.
Step 6: If the error persists still, then try to reset the printer. As sometimes resetting the printer may resolve the ink cartridge issue.
Step 7: To reset, remove the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet. Wait for 60 seconds and then reconnect the power cord back.
Step 8: After resetting the printer, check if the cartridge issue is solved, if not then try to replace one or both cartridges.
Step 9: First replace one cartridge and check if the problem is solved or cleared. If not solved, then try to replace the other one.
Step 10: If the above-described steps did not find a solution to the cartridge issue or problem, then try to service the 123 HP Envy 5540 Printer.