DESKJET 5814 PRINTER SETUP
This 123.hp.com dj5814 is a smallest e-All-in-one printer designed with a slim and sleek structure. Now print, scan and copy your documents or photos easily from this multifunctional printer. It allows printing from Facebook, Instagram and Flickr with the help of HP Social Media Snapshots application.
The supporting wireless printing features of this printer are ePrint and AirPrint that lets you print on the go from anywhere you stay. The print speed is uncompromising throughout the day
- Easily replaceable cartridges.
- Feed directly through the scanner.
- Buttons are snappy and responsive in the panel.
- Looks adorable on its small design.
- Rather than flat-bed, uses sheet-feed scanner.
- Dimension is of 403 × 177 × 141 mm.
- Connect through Wi-Fi and USB.
- Wireless printer.
- Enriched with Wi-Fi connection.
- Flamboyant design.
- Smart LCD Screen with good quality image prints.
- Smallest color inkjet printer.
- Trays are flimsy.
- Controlling the scanner is strenuous.
- Single sheets scanning can only be done.
- Little costlier.
An easy to use design and multiple connectivity options make this printer an obvious choice for home and office use. With a diminutive build and an LCD display, the print quality of this printer is another reason for you to choose it.
123.hp.com dj5814 Printer – Unbox Printer for the First Time
Got your new HP Deskjet 5814 printer for the first time and now you are confused about what to do with the things packed with your box. No worries, first you need to take all the packaged things outside the box, and then, remove all the tapes and labels from the printer parts. Assemble all the parts according to the instructions given. After putting the things together, connect the power cord, fix the control panel preferences, load fresh and unused sheets of paper into its corresponding feeder tray. And finally, download the printer software and install it.
- The printer is taken out from the box, and then the tapes and packaging materials are unwrapped that are at the interior part of the printer.
- You need to fix the duplexer in the exact position into your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer.
- Once you are done with the duplexer installation, you need to connect your power cable and decide your preferences.
- Fresh sheets of paper are to be inserted in the Tray 1. Make certain that the printed side is not facing upward and the short edge needs to be placed forward.
- Yellow dotted lines are marked on the paper tray side in your Deskjet 5814 printer, never fill your tray beyond the limit in the guided lines.
- Then, fill the Tray 2 with fresh sheets of paper.
- The ink cartridges are placed in their respective slots and then the cartridge is affixed in its exact position.
- The updated version of printer driver and software should be downloaded from our Customer Support Site.
- Directly go to our website, index in with HP Deskjet 5814 printer model name and browse for the updated version of the printer driver and software. By clicking on the Download tab, you can download the printer driver and software.
- You can process the installation procedure, only if you are done with the downloading process. Employ the steps which are prompted on the display for guidance for a stress-free installation.
- In a few cases, the HP Easy Start app starts working but the driver download is unsuccessful. Then, you need to examine the connection status of the internet and attempt to download again.
- At the time of the installation procedure, you are supposed to opt for a connection type, and here you pick among USB, Wired or Wireless connection.
- Tap on the downloads folder and then proceed with HP Easy Start file or the full feature printer driver .exe folder, to begin the installation process.
- Your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer is connected to the Internet and then installs the updated printer driver.
- Your printer should be chosen from the list, and now select Use or Print Using menu tab, your Deskjet printer should be selected from the pull-down menu, and then choose Add.
- The installation process is completed.
- And here it is, you can print your documents now from your 123 HP Deskjet 5814 printer after installing the software. Enjoy with your printing.
Wireless Printer Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Prep up your HP Deskjet 5814 Printer for installation
Prior to installing the printer software and enabling the connection over a wireless network, you need to inspect the requirements. Power up your computer and printer.
- Collect the items before using your printer which is connected to the wireless network.
- A wireless network enabled computer
- Network access
- It is necessary to switch on your router and computer, printer and computer are to be connected to the same wireless network.
- All setup procedures are to be done before itself. Power up your printer and place your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer and computer close to each other.
- Unplug the USB cable.
Step 2 : Commence with the software installation process
From whichever computer you are going to print, access the HP complete feature print driver and software installation.
- Any one of the methods can be employed, to begin with the installation process
- If you have the installation CD that assists Windows system, then make use of the instructions and proceed with installing.
- Navigate to our Customer Care Support page. Download the upgraded software and start with the installed software.
- Make use of the on-screen prompts until the connect screen gets displayed. If the STOP symbol at the Connect screen displays then you should not tap on Continue at this point.
Step 3 : Refurbish default wireless settings on the printer
Refurbishing the wireless settings of your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer successfully completes your connection procedure.
- Make certain that the wireless light is flickering on your printer and power button light is bright. If it is not bright, then press the power button so that it will wake up from the sleep state.
- If the Wireless light is not flickering, keep on pressing both the Wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously.
- This makes the wireless light flicker. The Same steps should be performed until the wireless light flickers.
- Then, instantly continue to install the software for your Deskjet printer.
Step 4 : Proceed with the software installation
To complete the setup, the software is to be installed and then your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer is to be enabled wireless connection.
- Revert to the HP installation connect screen and tap Continue. Till you view the Connection Options, follow the procedures.
- The Power button light needs to be bright, if not press it and wake it up.
- In the Connection Options display, choose Wireless – Make a Wireless connection the printer, and then tap Next. The network configuration will be inspected by the installer.
- Now, the screen prompts the best techniques to complete the setup and you need to select among the following
- HP Auto Wireless Connect : This technique automatically gathers the information, tap Yes, and then choose Next.
- Wireless Setup using USB Connection : This is a momentary connection, after the installation you need to unplug the USB cable. Plug in the USB cable to your printer and computer, select Yes, and then tap Next.
- Go through each and every setup instructions, before registering for an HP connected account and this is a must.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Step 1 : Make your printer ready for installation
Follow the same steps that you have used while preparing your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer for installation using Windows.
Step 2 : The default wireless settings are restored on the printer
You can make use of the same refurbishing steps which were done while using Windows.
Step 3 : The software and print driver is installed
From the computer that you need to print from, begin the installation process of the HP print driver and software.
- Select Download and before that go to our website and select your printer model.
- The HP Easy Start should be accessed, once you are done with software downloads.
- Choose Set Up My Printer, after this you need to select Accept on the Terms and Conditions page. Tap Continue, in the initialization screen.
- In the printer display, the power button light needs to be bright. If it is not bright then press the power button so that it will wake up from the sleep state.
- The Connect screen lists your printer name as [Ready to connect]. You need to do the steps to restore the default wireless settings if your printer name is not displayed. In the Connect screen, choose your printer, and then tap Continue.
- The network configuration is checked after installation, now your printer and your wireless network SSID is displayed in the connect screen with a Join key between them.
- If the network name is correct, click Join.
- If the network name is not correct, click the network name, select the correct network from the drop-down list, and then click Join.
- From the time you tap Join, the computer is momentarily detached from the wireless network. At that time, the connection is set up.
- Access is requested by HP Easy Start to the chosen wireless network keychain on the Mac, and at this time tap Allow. This will allow the app to recover the password for your wireless network. Make use of it to enable the printer connection.
- If you tap Deny, HP Easy Start suggests you to type the password physically.
- If HP Easy Start is not able to locate the wireless network password, the installer suggests you to type the password manually.
- After accepting the wireless network password, HP Easy Start sets up your printer and connects it over the network. When the check mark screens, tap Continue.
- Respond to each of the setup screens after reading, till the Install screen gets displayed.
- Choose HP Essential Software, HP Easy Scan, and any extra software you need to install for the printer, and then tap Install.
- After the selected software gets installed, tap Continue.
- Respond to each of the setup screens after reading them, till the Enable Printing screen gets displayed. Choose Add Printer to generate a print queue.
- On the Add window, choose your printer name with the text Bonjour listed below Kind, tap the Use or Print Using box, and then choose your printer name from the pull-down menu.
- Select Add to add the printer. Tap Print Test Page to make sure that the setup was correct. Tap Continue after printing a test page.
- You can now perform printing, copying, or scanning.
Printing on both sides using Windows – Duplex Printing
You need to start a print job so that both the sides of your paper starts getting printed. Go through the steps to adjust the settings in the printer driver and flip the pages, depending on your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer type.
- You can avoid problems like page ordering, by inserting the required amount of fresh and unused sheets in the input feeder tray to finish your printing task.
- The document that you need to print should be opened, after that pick the File, and then choose Print.
- Your printer name is to be chosen, and then you need to go to Printer Properties or Preferences or Printer Setup, based on what gets screened.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window gets started.
- In case a Printing shortcut option is obtainable, tap on Print on Both Sides or Two-Sided Printing option.
- In case a Printing shortcut option is not obtainable, choose the Layout, Features or Finishing option, based on the option that is getting screened for your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer driver version.
- Look for the Print on Both Sides option or the Two-sided printing option, and then tap the binding or page flip option on what you are going to prefer.
- It may be either booklet or tablet.
- Select Ok, and then click Print.
- Take away the printed first side pages from the output tray, and then align the pages.
- Place the printed first side pages into the main input tray. Placing the paper depends on the input tray.
- Select Continue.
- The other side of the pages gets printed.
Print on both sides of the paper – Mac device
Most of the printers include paper handling settings in the 123.hp.com dj5814 printer driver to manually duplex. This feature requires printing on one side of the page and then loading the pages into the paper input tray to print on the other side. Follow the procedure to configure the print job and to know how to reload the pages according to the printer type and the print job.
- Configure the first side of the print job in the document print settings.
- Some settings are based on where the paper tray is on the printer.
- To prevent page ordering issues, place enough blank paper into the input tray to complete the print job.
- Open the essential document that you want to print, select File, and then choose Print.
- In case no settings display, select Show Details.
- Pick your printer name in the Printer option.
- Click Paper Handling from the unnamed menu.
- From the Pages to Print menu, click Odd only.
- Based on the printer type, choose one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:
- If your printer has a rear loading paper tray: Click Automatic
- If your printer has a Front loading paper tray: Click Reverse
- Select Print.
- Once you are done printing all the pages, take away the remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then follow the next procedure.
- To print the other side of the pages, reload the pages into the input tray, and then set the pages to print in the document print settings. Reloading the pages and the settings depends on the printer input tray.
Step 1 : Steps for troubleshooting if Alignment Unsuccessful message gets screened
General guidelines for understanding printer alignment error prompts Make use of these guidelines and this will help to finish the perfect alignment or delete the message.
- Make certain that your printer is filled with fresh, clean and unused sheets of paper and then try aligning again.
- If your printer is attached to a scanner, then see the prompts on the alignment page to insert the page on scanner lid and click Scan. Go through the instructions to complete the scan.
- If still, your 123.HP.Com dj5814 printer displays an Alignment Unsuccessful message, then tap on the Skip button, you can proceed with printing without alignment. This may affect the print quality.
- If this instruction does not solve the alignment problems, then proceed to the next step.
STEP 2 : REBOOT YOUR HP DESKJET 5814 PRINTER
- Switching off the printer and powering it up again may solve the alignment unsuccessful error message.
- Power up your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer. Stay till the printer becomes silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Keeping the printer in On condition, unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall outlet.
- Stay for a minute. Connect one end of the power cord again into the wall outlet and other end to the printer’s rear.
- Switch on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.
- The printer may need a warm-up phase. The printer lights may flicker and the carriage may start moving.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets completed and your printer is silent and idle before proceeding.
- If resetting the printer does not rectify the problem, go to the next step.
Step 3 : Make use of Original HP ink cartridges
Always use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. If you are not using genuine HP ink cartridges, then the steps in this document may not solve your issue.Have an overview at HP SureSupply to examine your ink or toner cartridge consistency or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.
- Navigate to HP SureSupply. If needed, choose your country/region.
- Go through the guidelines that are displayed on the on-screen, to purchase new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your HP printer.
- If employing genuine HP ink cartridges did not solve the problem, then proceed with the next step.
Step 4 : The alignment page is inspected
Inspect the alignment page to know that the printer is correctly aligned.If your printer starts to print an alignment page, but the printed page is empty or has very low ink, then go to the step to examine the ink levels.
- If the samples on the alignment test page are hard and aligned and you need to check on both black and blue patterns, then service is to be done to your printer.
- If the samples on the alignment test page are grayed out, dotted, or messy or black or cyan is not there, proceed to the next step to examine the estimated ink levels.
Step 5 : Examine the estimated ink levels and change any low or empty ink cartridges,
- Examine the estimated ink levels to check whether any ink cartridges are crucially low or empty.
- You can change any crucially low or empty ink cartridges.
- If no ink cartridges are crucially low or empty, then proceed to the next step.
- If changing any low or empty ink cartridges did not solve your problem, then the printhead is to be cleaned.
Step 6 : The printhead or ink cartridge is cleaned
The printhead or ink cartridge cleaning when done frequently may solve your alignment issue and assist you to solve print standard issues simultaneously. Generally, your printer proffers two inkjet printhead designs: the Integrated Printhead (IPH) is integrated within the ink cartridge, and the Individual Ink Cartridges (IIC) has a printhead built into the 123.hp.com dj5814 printer.
- Your printer is always included with an inbuilt automated tool to clear the printhead.
- There are numerous ways to access the tool, based on your printer and the software you are employing.
- Run the test for cleaning by making use of one of the subsequent techniques that function for your printer and stay until the test completes.
- If your printer comes with a control panel display, directly go to the Settings or Tools menu to search and run printhead or ink cartridge cleaning.
- In HP Print Assistant for Windows, search and run the cleaning test from the Maintain Your Printer section.
- In HP Solution Center for Windows, search and run the cleaning test from the Printer Toolbox.
- In the HP Printer Utility for Mac, search and run the cleaning test from the Information and Support panel.
- If cleaning the printhead does not solve the problem, the printhead is to be replaced.
Step 7 : Changing the printhead or ink cartridge
- If you have attempted all the previous steps and still the alignment problem persists
- Then your printhead or ink cartridge is to be replaced.
- If replacing the printhead does not solve the problem, servicing is to be done to your 123.hp.com dj5814 printer.