HP Laserjet M527F Printer Specification
- The HP MFP Enterprise M527f can print, copy, scan, and fax. It can deliver the first page out as fast as 5.7 sec and 11.2 sec (100 V).
- It offers a print resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for black.
- It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 150,000 pages. It has a recommended monthly page volume 2000 to 7500 pages.
- It operates with two cartridges. It supports HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint and is Mopria certified.
- It provides one 550 sheet input tray and one 100 sheet multipurpose tray and supports three additional 550 sheet input trays. For output, it supports a 250 sheet output bin
- It offers print speeds up to 45 ppm for black printouts. It supports automatic duplexing with single pass and two-sided scanning.
- It is Energy Star qualified and helps conserve power.
- It offers support to optional high-yield cartridges and comes with a preinstalled toner-cartridge. It supports optional built-in wireless direct and NFC touch to print.
- It provides an easy-access USB port to save and print files directly.
- It provides a convenient front on/off button and an intuitive 8-inch touch screen control panel.
How to Print, Scan, Fax, Copy setup
The LJ MFP M527f offers print, scan, fax and Mac functionality. Follow the instructions below to use these functions.
- For Windows, open the file in the application you wish to print from and select the Print option.
- Choose the printer from the list of printers. To modify settings, select the Properties or Preferences button to access the print driver. Select the tabs in the print driver to set the available options.
- Select the OK button to return to the Print Dialog box. Choose the number of copies to print from this screen. Select the Print button to print the job.
- For Mac, open the file in the application you wish to print from. In the printer menu, choose the printer.
- Access the menus drop-down list or select Show Details, and then choose Other menus to alter the print settings. Select the Print button.
- To scan a document, place the document face down in the scanner glass or face up in the document feeder.
- You can access the scan function from your MFP M527f from the touchscreen.
- From the home screen in the printer control panel, choose Scan and then select the appropriate action you wish to complete.
- Provide the location for storing the file and the file name. When the document is ready, touch Scan to save the file.
- Prior to proceeding with the step below connect the printer to a phone line (for analog fax) or to an Internet or network fax service.
- To setup fax, access the Setting menu from the Home Screen on the Printer Control Panel. Tap the Settings icon to open the menu.
- Open Fax Settings, and then Fax Setup. Choose the location from the right side of the screen, and then tap Next.
- Tap the Company Name text field, and utilize the keypad to enter the company name. Tap the Fax number Text field and utilize the keypad to enter the fax number. Tap Next.
- If a dialing prefix is needed for sending faxes, touch the Dialing Prefix text field and use
- Approve all the information on the left-pane, and then touch Finish to complete the fax setup.
- To copy a document, place it face-down on the scanner glass or face up in the document feeder and adjust the paper guides to fit the size of the document.
- From the Home screen on the printer control panel, choose Copy.
- From the Options pane, choose the number of copies.
- Choose Optimize Text/Picture to optimize the type of image being copied, text, graphics, or photos. Choose one of the predefined options.
- Assign the options marked with a yellow triangle before using the preview feature.
- Once the document is ready, tap Start to being copying.
- If you have any further queries, contact our technical support team through the toll-free number.
HP ePrint Setup
You can assign print jobs to your MFP M527f by sending the file you wish to print as an email attachment to the designated email address of your printer.
- Ensure that the HP ePrint enabled printer is active, switched on, and is connected to the local wireless network, and has access to the network.
- Find and open the document or photo that you wish to print. Tap the action icon to show menu options.
- Tap Email photo or Email document to open the photo or document in an Email.
- Provide or choose the printer’s assigned email address in the To: field.
- Send the email and wait for the file to be printed by the MFP 527f.
Print from your Apple iOS device
If your printer is compatible with AirPrint, then you can also use the feature to print from your iOS device.
- Ensure that the printer is on and in a ready state. If the printer is in sleep mode, wake it up.
- Open the item you wish to print, and then touch the action icon to show menu options.
- Touch Print or the Print icon, based on the type of file you wish to print.
- On the Printer option menu, tap Select Printer, and then choose your printer from the list.
- Touch Options to modify other settings if required. The options menu might not appear if your printer is black ink only.
- Choose the number of copies, you would like to print, and then tap Print.
Print Using HP Print Service Plugin Android
- Ensure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that your printer is connected to, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android Device is enabled.
- From the play store on your Android device, Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Once the installation or update is over, turn on the HP Print Service Plugin.
- In case you installed the HP Print Service Plugin for the first time, You can turn it on by swiping down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then locate HP Inc. service installed.
- In case you updated the HP Print Service Plugin, touch Settings, touch More > More networks, More settings or NFC and sharing, and then touch Print or Printing,
- To print using HP Print Service Plugin, open the file you wish to print, touch the menu icon, and the touch Print. A Print Preview Screen Appears.
- Touch the down arrow, by the side of Select a Printer to view the printer list and then choose your printer from the list of available printers.
- Tap the down arrow to modify any print configuration, and then tap the Print icon.
Toner Cartridges Replace
Step 1: The printer informs when the toner cartridge is low or very low. You can check the in toner levels from the printer’s control panel.
Step 2: You can check the status of the cartridge by accessing the ink or cartridge icon or an Ink levels menu from the printer control panel.
If you receive an ‘out of paper’ error, follow the instructions below to rectify the issue in your HP MFP M527f.
- Take out the stack of paper from the tray. Pick 25 sheets of new plain white paper to create a stack. Tap the stack on a flat surface to align the edges. Place the stack of paper into the paper tray.
- Push in the paper width guide to the edge of the paper stack. Ensure that the guide reclines gently against the paper stack and does not bind it. Attempt to print again.
- Switch the power button to power off the printer. Once the ink cartridges are parked and the printer is idle and quiet, detach the power cord from the back of the MFP M527f.
- Draw out the access door to gain access to the pick rollers. Based on the model, this is normally the back access door or duplexer. If not access it from the front.
- Locate the large rubber pick rollers. Slightly moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled, filtered, or bottled water. Press the cloth on the pick rollers, and then turn the pick rollers upward with your finger. Exert a modest degree of pressure to remove any foreign particles.
- In case your printer has a duplexer, then clean the duplexer as well. Shut the access door, replace the paper tray and fix the power cord to the rear of the printer and then to the wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer, after it turns silent attempt printing again. If the issue is still unresolved, try resetting the printer.
Clear Paper Jams
- If much of the paper is viewable in the tray, gently pull the jammed paper out of the printer. Ensure that the entire sheet is removed. If it tears make sure the remenants are removed. Press the top-cover-release button on the left side of the printer.
- Open the front door. Remove the toner cartridge. Raise the jam-access cover and slowly remove any jammed paper. Be careful not to tear the paper. Reinsert the toner cartridge. Shut the front door.
- If the paper is jammed in the document feeder, raise the latch to release the document feeder cover. Open the document feeder cover.
- Remove any jammed paper. Raise the document-feeder tray. Take out jammed paper. Lower the document-feeder input tray. Shut the document-feeder cover.
- In case the paper is jammed in the output bin and it is visible, grab the leading edge and remove it.
- In case the paper is jammed in the duplexer, remove Tray 2 from the printer. Push forward on the green tab inside the tray area to release the duplex pan.
- Take out any jammed paper. Shut the duplex pan. Place back and close the tray. Take out any jammed paper. Shut the rear door. Push the top-cover release button on the left side of the printer.
- Open the front door. Remove the toner cartridge. Raise the Jam-access cover and slowly remove any jammed paper.
- Be careful not to tear the paper further. Place the toner cartridge back in its position. Shut the front door.
- In case the paper is jammed in the rear door and the fuser area or the toner- cartridge area, or the optional trays, examine the region and remove the jammed paper.