HP Laserjet M653X Printer Features
The printer provides good performance and energy efficiency with exceptional features. It lets you protect your network with the industry’s deepest security. It lets you prevent potential attacks and takes immediate action with instant notification of security issues. With HP Web Jetadmin, centralize the control of your printing environment and help build business efficiency.
Improve the speed of your tasks and save paper. It uses an exceptionally low amount of energy. You can help retain the Original HP quality you paid for with anti-fraud and cartridge authentication technology. It has a print speed up to 60 ppm. The resolution of the print is up to 1200 dpi. The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 120,000 pages. The processor speed is 1.2 GHz.
The compatible Operating Systems are ePrint, Air Print and Mopria Print. It supports Ethernet network and USB connection. It includes a 100-sheet multi-purpose tray and a 550-sheet input tray. The printer supports Automatic duplex printing. The printer is suitable for larger offices, workgroups and corporations with up to 40 or so networked users. It provides high print quality, high maximum-duty cycles and expandability. The laser printer is capable of producing near-impeccable text and business graphics at a highly impressive clip.
How to print
The steps to print from your Windows or Mac PC are given below.
- To print from your Mac PC, choose the Print option from the software program and then select the printer from the list.
- Select the Properties or Preferences button to open the printer driver. The name of the button generally varies for different software programs.
- In order to access the above features from a Windows 8 or 8.1 select Start –> Devices –> Print. Now, select the printer.
- Choose the tabs in the printer driver to configure the available options.
- Select the OK button to return to the Print dialog box and then choose the number of copies to print from this screen.
- Now, click the Print button to print the document or photo.
- To print from your Mac OS X, go to the File menu and then click the Print option.
- Choose your printer, then click Show Details or Copies & Pages and then select other menus to adjust the print settings.
- Now, select the Print button. For any queries, do not hesitate to reach us on the Toll-free number.
Replace the toner cartridges
The printer generally indicates if the toner-cartridge level is low or very low. Here are the steps to replace the toner cartridge for your printer.
- It is better to have a replacement cartridge available to install when the print quality is no longer acceptable.
- The Laserjet printer uses four colors that have a different toner cartridge for each color: yellow (Y), magenta (M), cyan (C), and black (K).
- Make sure that you do not remove the toner cartridge from its package until it is time to replace it.
- Do not expose the toner to light for more than a few minutes to prevent damage to it.
- Make sure that you cover the green imaging drum if you want to remove the toner cartridge from the printer for an extended period of time.
- Open the front door and then carefully grasp the handle of the used toner cartridge and pull out to remove it.
- Take out the new toner cartridge from its package by removing the plastic end caps.
- After removing the cartridge from the plastic bag, carefully discard the orange protective shield.
- Make sure that you do not touch the green imaging drum as the fingerprints on the imaging drum may cause print defects.
- Carefully hold both ends of the toner cartridge and rock it 5-6 times.
- Place the toner cartridge underneath with one hand while holding the cartridge handle with the other.
- Now, carefully align the toner cartridge with its slot on the shelf and then place the cartridge into the printer.
- After inserting the toner cartridge, close the front door. Repeat the preceding steps to insert any other cartridge.
- For any further information or support, do not hesitate to reach our veterans on the Toll-free number.
Printer does not pick up paper or misfeeds
Follow the troubleshooting steps given below if the printer does not pick up paper from the tray.
- Carefully remove any jammed sheets of paper and load the tray with the correct size of paper for the job.
- Check if the paper size and type are set correctly on the printer’s control panel.
- Ensure that the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly according to the size of paper.
- It is better to check if the arrow on the tray guide, lines up exactly with the marking on the tray.
- Now, check if the humidity in the room is within specifications.
- Most reams of paper are generally sold in moisture-proof wrapping. This keeps the paper dry.
- Paper at the top of the stack in the tray can absorb moisture in a high-humidity environment and it might have a wavy or uneven appearance.
- Excess static electricity can cause sheets of paper to stick together in low-humidity environments.
- In the above case, carefully remove the paper from the tray and flex the stack by holding it at each end and bringing the ends up to form a U shape.
- Now, rotate the ends down. This may reverse the U shape. Carefully straighten the paper stack against a table before placing it to the tray.
- View the control panel to check if it displays a prompt to feed the paper manually. Insert paper and then continue.
- There is a possibility that the rollers above the tray may be contaminated. Carefully wipe the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water.
- Check the rollers for any smooth surface either completely around the circumference or just on one side.
- If there are any smooth areas, make sure that you check the Supplies Status Page to see if the Fuser (Maintenance kit) is low and needs any replacement.
Clear paper jams
Here are the steps to reduce the number of paper jams.
- It is advisable to use only paper that meets HP specifications.
- Make sure that the paper is not wrinkled, folded or damaged. If required, use paper from a different package.
- Make sure that you use paper that is not previously printed or copied on.
- Ensure that the tray is not overfilled. If it is, carefully remove the entire stack of paper from the tray and then straighten the stack.
- Make sure that you adjust the paper guides in the tray properly as per the size of paper.
- Adjust the guides in such a way that they touch the paper stack without bending it.
- Ensure that the tray is fully inserted into the printer.
- Use the manual feed feature and feed sheets one at a time if you are printing on heavy, embossed, or perforated paper.
- Go to the Trays menu on the control panel and then check if the tray is configured correctly for the paper type and size.
- Ensure that the printing environment is within recommended specifications.
- When you notice a 13.A 2000-sheet tray paper jam, open the tray.
- Discard any jammed or damaged sheets of paper from the tray.
- Carefully press the release latch on the side of the tray to release it.
- Now, lift the tray up and then pull it straight out to remove it.
- If there is any jammed paper in the feed area, pull it down to remove it. Carefully pull the paper to the left to release it and then pull it forward to remove it.
- Now, insert the tray, then load full reams of paper into the tray and then close the tray.
- Open the lower-right door, then discard any jammed paper and then close the lower-right door.
- Now, if the panel still displays a message that there is no paper in the tray or the tray is overfilled, remove the tray and then check for any remaining paper behind it.
Here are the steps to resolve the issue.
- The foremost step is to check if the paper is in good condition, that it is neatly stacked in the tray and also that the paper path and tray are free from obstructions.
- Now, press the Power button to switch off the printer and then unplug the USB or Ethernet cable from the rear of the printer.
- Carefully hold the underside of Tray 1 and then pull out the tray. Discard any paper from the input tray and then observe the condition of the paper.
- Make sure that you do not use ant ripped, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper. Do not print on paper that is dusty.
- Ensure that the paper in the stack are of the same size and type.
- Insert plain white paper in the input tray with the print side down and the short edge forward.
- Make sure that you do not fill the paper above the yellow, dotted lines on the sides of the paper tray.
- Now, check for obstructions inside the input tray and ensure that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers.
- Print a Status Report to check if the printer functions properly.
- Note that the printer may not pick up paper if the paper size and type in the paper tray do not match the size and type settings in the print driver.
- Make sure that you choose your Operating System for steps to change the paper size and type settings.
- In case you find obstructions inside the input tray or photo tray, clean the paper feed and pick rollers with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- In few cases, resetting the printer can clear the paper feed issues. After resetting the printer, print a test page. If the issue still continues, service the printer.