HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn can print, copy, fax, scan. It comes with 80,000 pages and a recommended monthly page volume of 750 to 4000 pages. It offers copy speeds up to 40 cpm.
- It supports HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Mopria certified, Google Cloud Print 2.0 and Mobile apps.
- It comes with one 100-sheet and one 250 sheet input tray. It offers 150-sheet output bin and supports up to three optional 550 trays. It supports automatic duplexing.
- It works with HP FastRes 1200, HP ProRes 1200 and 600 dpi resolution technology.
- It offers prints speeds up to 40 ppm for black printouts in normal mode. It is compatible with HP 26A (CF226A) and HP 26X LaserJet Toner Cartridges (CF226X).
- It is Energy Star qualified and helps you conserve power.
- It lets you scan from the flatbed and the ADF. It offers scan speeds up to 26ppm/47ipm (b&w), up to 21 ppm/30ipm (color).
- It lets you Scan to Email, Scan to network folder, Scan USB and Scan to network folder.
- It offers a hi-speed USB 2.0, a Host USB, one Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network and Easy-access USB connectivity.
- It provides a 3” intuitive color touchscreen (CGD) to access its features.
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn Driver and Manual Download
HOW TO PRINT, SCAN, FAX, AND COPY SETUP
Print from HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn Printer
- For Windows, choose the Print option from the application you wish to print from.
- Choose the printer from the list of printers. To modify settings, select the Properties or Preferences button to access the print driver.
- Select the tabs in the print driver to set the available options. Select the OK button to return to the Print dialog box.
- Choose the number of copies to print from this screen.
- Select the OK button to print the document/file.
- For Mac, select the File menu, and then choose the Print option.
- Choose the printer. Select Show details or Copies & Pages, and then choose other menus to modify the print settings.
- Choose the Print button.
Scan from HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn Printer
- Place the document face-down on the scanner glass or insert it face-up in the document feeder.
- Modify the paper guides to fit the dimensions of the document.
- For Windows, open HP Scan, choose a scanning shortcut and then modify the settings if required. Choose Scan.
- For OS X, Open HP Scan, located in the Hewlett-Packard folder inside the Application folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan the document, After scanning all the pages, select File
- Then Save to save them to a file.
COPY FROM HP LASERJET PRO MFP M426FDN PRINTER
1. Put the document face-down on the scanner glass according to the inscriptions on the printer.
2. From the Home Screen on the printer control panel, tap the Copy icon.
3. To optimize copy quality for different types of documents, tap the settings button, and then scroll to and tap the Optimize button.
4. Swipe to scroll and modify any option from the control panel screen. Tap Number of Copies, and then utilize the touchscreen keyboard to provide the number of copies. Tap Start Copy button to start copying.
FAX FROM HP LASERJET PRO MFP M426FDN PRINTER
1. You can set up the fax by identifying the phone connection type and setting up the fax accordingly. Once you set up the fax you can configure the fax time, date, and header. Run a fax test to make sure that the fax is set up correctly.
2. Put the document face-down on the scanner glass. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, tap the fax icon.
3. Utilize the keypad to provide the fax number. Tap the Start Fax button. The printer asks you to confirm that you are sending from the scanner glass. Tap the Yes button.
4. The printer asks you to load the first page. Tap the OK Button.
5. The Printer scans the first page and asks you to place another page. In case the document has multiple pages, tap the Yes button. Continue this process until you have completed scanning all pages.
6. When you have scanned the last page, tap the No button at the prompt. The printer sends the fax.
If you have any further queries, contact our technical support team on the toll-free number.
HP Laserjet Pro m426fdn Replace toner cartridges
STEP 1: The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn indicates when the toner cartridge is low and very low. The actual toner cartridge level life remaining might be different. Consider keeping a replacement cartridge available for installation when print quality no longer meets expectation.
STEP 2: Continue to print with the installed cartridges until redistributing the toner no longer provides acceptable print quality. To redistribute the toner, take the toner cartridge out of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn and gently shake the cartridge back and forth on its horizontal axis. Reload the toner cartridge into the printer and shut the cover.
STEP 3: Do not take the new toner cartridge from its package until its time to load it in the printer. Do not expose the toner cartridge to light for more than a few minutes to prevent damage to it. In case the toner cartridge needs to be removed from the printer for a long period of time, make sure the imaging drum is covered. While holding the imaging drum do not touch the imaging drum. Doing so can cause print-quality problems. Follow the instructions below to remove the toner cartridge:
STEP 4: Push the front-door release button. Draw out the front door. Take out the used toner cartridge from the printer.
STEP 5: Unpack the new cartridge from its box and then draw the release tab on the packaging.
STEP 6: Remove the toner cartridge from the opened packaging shell. Place the used toner cartridge in the shell for recycling. Grab both ends of the toner cartridge and shake it five to six times. Align the toner cartridge with the track inside the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn, and load the toner cartridge until it is firmly seated. Shut the front door.
HP Laserjet Pro mfp m426fdn Troubleshooting
A “Cartridge is low” or “Cartridge is very low” message appears on the printer control panel
- If the printer shows a “Cartridge is low” or “Cartridge is very low” message it indicates that toner cartridge level is low. Actual toner cartridge levels might differ. Consider keeping a replacement available to install when print quality does not meet expectations.
- You can modify the way the printer reacts when supplies turn very low. These changes need not be re-established when you install a new toner cartridge.
- From the home screen of the HP LaserJet m426fdn, swipe until the Setup menu appears. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu.
- Open System Setup > Supply Settings > Black Cartridge or Color Cartridges and go to Very Low Setting.
- Choose the Continue option to let the printer alert you that toner cartridge level is very low, but to continue printing.
- Choose the Stop option to make the printer stop printing until you replace the toner cartridge.
- Choose the Prompt to make the printer stop printing and prompt you to replace the cartridge.
- You can acknowledge the information and continue printing. You can also configure the printer to “Prompt to Remind Me in 100 Page, 200 pages, 300 pages, 400 pages, or never”. However, this is only for convenience and does not guarantee acceptable print quality.
Paper does not pick up paper or misfeeds
- Open the HP OfficeJet Pro m426fdn and take out any jammed sheets of paper. Make sure no torn remnants of the paper are lodged inside the printer.
- Place the tray with the correct size of paper for the job. Ensure the paper size and type are assigned correctly on the printer control panel.
- Ensure sure that the paper guides in the tray are positioned correctly for the dimensions of the paper. Modify the guides to the appropriate indentation in the tray. The arrow symbol on the tray guide should line up perfectly with the marking on the tray.
- Ensure that the humidity level in the room is within the recommended specifications for the printer.
- Examine the printer’s control panel display to view if it is showing a prompt to feed the paper manually. Load paper and proceed.
- The rollers above the tray can also be contaminated. Clean the roller with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water. Utilize distilled water, if it is present.
- If the tray rollers are worn, the paper may not be picked perfectly. Inspect the rollers for any smooth surface either completely around the circumference or just one side.
- In case there are any smooth areas, examine the Supplies Status page to view if the Fuser (Maintenance Kit) is low and needs to be replaced these rollers come with the kit.
- If the printer picks multiple sheets of paper, take the stack of paper out of the tray and flex it, rotate it 180 degrees, and flip it over. Do not fan the paper. Return the stack of paper to the tray.
- Utilize paper that meets HP Specification for the printer. Do not use wrinkled, folded or damaged. If required, utilize paper from a different package. Ensure that the tray is not overfilled with paper beyond the stack-height marking inside the tray.
Clear Paper Jams from HP Laserjet Pro mfp m426fdn
- If the printer indicates a paper jam, examine the appropriate region and remove the jammed paper. Utilize both hands to ensure that the jammed paper does not tear, thus making removing it further difficulty. Disconnect the power cord and other cables prior to reaching inside the printer to prevent the risk of injuries or electric shock.
- If a stack of paper is jammed, remove a sheet from the middle of the stack to loosen the rest. Use a torchlight to examine the insides of the printer.
- To clear paper jams in Tray 1, slowly draw the jammed paper out of the printer. To clear paper jams in the document feeder, open the document feeder and gently draw the jammed paper out. Shut the document feeder cover. Ensure that it is fully closed. Draw out the document feeder tray cover. Gently draw the jammed paper out. Shut the document feeder tray cover. If the paper is jammed in the scanner lid, open the scanner lid and gently draw it out, and then shut the scanner lid.
- To remove paper jams in the duplexer, fully take out Tray 2 from the printer. Thrust the green button to free the duplex pan. Take out any jammed paper. Shut the duplex pan and reload Tray 2.