123 HP Officejet 3833 Printer Setup – 123.hp.com/oj3833
Step 1: Unpack the 123.hp.com/oj3833 printer
- The box package is placed on a sturdy and flat surface. The contents of the pack are removed and placed on the counter.
Step 2: Check the shipped items
- The accessories that are present in the box includes HP Officejet 3833 ink cartridge, USB cable, Driver CD, power cord, and user manual.
- Remove the tapes from all over the HP Officejet 3833 all in one printer which includes the paper tray, carriage compartment, and scanner glass. This is to secure the parts from moving around during transportation.
Step 3: Load the paper tray
- Extend the output and input tray. The paper width and length markers inside them are extended to their maximum. Genuine HP A4 sheets are used and they are fanned, stacked before loading them in the input tray. The guides are tightened to gently hold them in position.
Step 4: Connect the power cord
- One end of the power cord is connected to the rear of the 123.hp.com/oj3833 printer and the other end is connected to the power socket present on the wall. The connection is made directly without the help of a HUB.
Step 5: HP Officejet 3833 Ink cartridge installation
- Open the cartridges from their packaging and remove the protective tape present underneath which covers the printhead and contact points. Place them carefully in their slot inside the carriage.
- The color of the cartridge is matched with the color of the slot. The cartridge latch is closed to secure them in place and the carriage door is closed upon completion.
Step 6: HP Officejet 3833 Driver software installation
The HP Officejet 3833 driver software is present on the CD provided. Directly install the software from here. Choose your mode of network connectivity and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. This software can also be downloaded online.
123 HP Officejet 3833 Wireless Setup
Your 123.hp.com/oj3833 printer can be configured to work wirelessly. This technology allows you to connect your mobile phones to the printer. A little tweaking is all it takes and this is clearly explained below.
- On your printer’s Control Panel, open the wireless option. Your printer will proceed to scan for all the available networks in the surrounds. The result is listed out. Choose the network that belongs to you and connect with it by entering the password.
- The driver software can be downloaded by going to the link mentioned by us. Enter your printer model 123.hp.com/oj3833 and on the next screen, choose Windows as your Operating System.
- Commence installation after downloading the HP Officejet 3833 driver software. Assistance can be taken from HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard for the same.
- During the installation process, choose wireless as the mode of your network connection. This decision cannot be changed unless the software is reinstalled.
- Download the full-feature driver software when available. This contains additional software that will assist with the printer operations. If not for this, you will have to download the various software separately on different occasions.
- The process is more or less similar to a Mac operated a computer. Connect your HP Officejet 3833 all in one printer and computer to the same wireless network. To connect your printer, open the Wireless option and allow it to scan. A list of available networks is provided. Choose the one that belongs to you and connect, after entering the password.
- The driver software can be downloaded from the link provided by us. You can receive if from our technical staff. Enter your printer model and opt for the Full-feature driver. They contain all the necessary printer-operation software.
- Choose the operating system as Mac before clicking the download button. The file is in the .dmg format which can be easily recognized by your computer.
- Install the HP Officejet 3833 driver by following the on-screen instructions. Choose wireless as your mode of network connection.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/oj3833 printer wirelessly and try printing a document to check the status of the connection.
How to change a USB or wired connection to wireless in HP Officejet 3833 Printer
Installation of HP Officejet 3833 driver software can be a hassle especially when you have chosen the wrong network connection. By following the below-mentioned steps, instead of reinstalling the driver, network connection can be converted to Wireless from USB.
- For a Windows operated system, there are a lot of assisting software available to help you with the process. HP Printer Setup & Software utility is preferred.
- HP Printer Assistant does an easy work of conversion. Open the software and choose Make Printing Easier by Connecting Your Printer Wirelessly and choose Learn More. Follow the steps to change the connectivity mode.
- The same can be performed with the help of HP Smart App. Open the application and choose the desired mode of connection that the HP Officejet 3833 all in one printer has to connect. From the existing connection, the mode will change to the opted one.
- For Mac operating systems, the most preferred method is the Wireless Setup tool present in HP Utility.
- Go to Finder, and click Go. Under the Applications option choose HP folder and open HP Utility. Follow through by opening the Settings tab and the Wireless Setup to launch the utility.