HP OFFICEJET PRO 6960 SPECIFICATIONS
123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup is an inkjet all in one multifunction printer. It provides automatic duplex printing, scanning, copying and faxing, and both Wired and Wireless printing.
- Enjoy printing with AirPrint, ePrint and Mopria
- It provides a duty cycle of up to 20,000 pages per month.
- Maximum resolution of Copy is up to 600 * 600 dpi.
- It supports both Wired and Wireless connection.
- Print, Copy, Scan and Fax
- Duplex printing
- Supports Wireless and ePrint
- Less energy consumption
- Excellent print quality
- Good running costs
- Touchscreen is easy to use
- Front panel USB
- Paper tray is not removable
- Scanning is slow
- Slow duplex printing
- Single paper tray
The HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer allows you to Print, Scan, Copy and Fax at a high speed. It’s fairly cheap to run, which makes a good choice for everyday office work.
Unbox your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer from the box
Take away your printer from the box, and then discard all tapes and packing materials from the printer.
- Take away your printer from the box.
- Remove all the tapes and packing materials from outside the printer. For More information Click.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Step 1 : Get your printer ready for the installation
Collect the requirements, and then confirm the printer and computer connections before setting up your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer on the wireless network.
- The network name is the Service Set identifier.
- The network password might also know as WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- Utilize broadband Internet access.
- Connect a USB cable to transfer wireless settings to the printer.
- Confirm that the router and the system are turned on, and link your system and the printer to the same wireless network. Place your printer and the computer at a closer distance to the router during the setup process.
- Disconnect any USB cable from the printer.
Step 2 : Download and configure the driver
- Switch on your printer.
- Unplug the cable from the system, when the printer is linked to the system via a USB cable.
- Go to our website and then click on the Software and Driver Download
- If it is urged, choose the method to identify your printer model, and then employ the instructions to go to the download page.
- Click Download which is next to the HP Easy start or next to the full feature driver, according to the option that displays.
- Access the Download folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the updated driver .dmg file to initiate the installation.
- When it is guided by the installer, click Add Printer to start a print queue on your Mac device. Pick the printer name, choose the Use or Print Using option, and click Add.
- Return to the HP Officejet Pro 6960 installer to finish the installation process.
Wireless setup for Windows
Step 1 : Meet the requisites
- Ensure that you have an active wireless network.
- A system linked to the same network, either via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- Setup and power on the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer.
Begin with the software installation
From the computer you want to print from, choose the upgraded printer driver and software installation. It provides the wireless printer drivers and Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
- Employ the following method to start the software installation:
- If you have an installation disc which supports the Windows system, insert it into the computer disc drive and make use of the procedure to begin the installation.
- Go to our website and then click Downloads. The full feature installation process initiates automatically after the software downloads.
- The software installation window proceeds until a Connect window opens. STOP at the connect window! Do not choose Continue at this point.
Step 2 : Re-establish default wireless settings on the printer
Reboot the wireless settings to verify that the connection completes successfully.
- Switch on the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer.
- While the wireless light is blinking, make use of the next step to continue installing the software.
- Long press on the printer power button at the time, tap on Start Copy Black button twice and then click on Cancel button three times.
- Release the power button. The wireless light in the wireless button must flash, repeat the procedure if the wireless light does not blink.
- Employ the next step to setup the software. You have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using HP auto wireless connect features.
Step 3 : Procedure for software installation
- Revert to the HP installation Connect screen on the system, and then click Continue.
- Make use of the instructions until a Connection Options screen displays.
- Confirm that the power button light on the printer is fully lit and the wireless light is blinking. In case the power button light is not blinking properly, press it once until it becomes bright.
- In the Connection option screen, Select Wireless and then click on the Next
- After installing the software, confirm your network configuration, one of the screens gets displayed to provide you with the best available method to complete the wireless setup.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection
- Make use of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup screen until an Active window opens. The printer is set up and you can now print or scan the document.
Procedure to print photos with Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1 : Place photo paper in the photo tray
- Turn on the 123.HP.Com Ojpro6960 printer.
- Mount the paper inside the input tray towards you to open it as far as possible.
- Drag the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Position the photo paper with the short edge forward and then print side facing downward into the photo tray.
- Ensure that you move the paper forward until it stops.
- Drag the paper width guides inside so that they place against the edges of the photo paper and confirm that the photo paper is centered in the tray.
- Verify that you reinstall the output tray on the input tray, in case you removed it, and then push the input tray into the printer until it fixes into the proper place.
Step 2 : Adjust the print settings, and then print the photo
Employ Windows Photo Viewer to set up the print job and to confirm that the paper in the photo paper input tray is used.
- Right-click the image that you would like to print, click Print or click on Open withà Windows Photo viewerà Print.
- In the drop-down list which is listed above the image, pick your printer, modify the paper size and print quality. For the Paper type, choose HP Photo papers, and then click Options.
- From the Print Settings window, Click Printer Properties.
- For borderless images, click on the Printing Shortcut option, choose Photo Printing-Borderless. And then click the Paper or Quality
- On the Paper or Quality option, choose Photo tray from the Paper Source pop-up list, and then click on the Advanced
- From the Advanced menu, select 10* 15cm/4*6in in the Paper Size drop-down list, and then click Ok.
- Click Ok from the Document Properties
- In the Print Pictures window, click Print.
- After printing your document, take off the unused photo paper from the paper tray. The curved paper may reduce your print quality.
Scan to a system
You can scan the required document or images from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Ensure that your turn on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer.
- Insert the documents or photos:
- Make use of the Scanner glass: Insert the file with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then place it according to the guides around the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Using ADF: Place the file into the document feeder tray. The print side of the page should face upward and the top edge should go into the tray first. Adjust the width guides to position the file.
Step 2: Scan the desired file
Scan the required document or photos and send it to a folder on your computer.
- From the printer’s control panel, select Scan.
- Select Computer to scan to the connected computer.
- Pick your name of your computer that you want to store the scanned document.
- Select Scan shortcut, and then select a shortcut that corresponds to the document or image you are scanning.
Procedure to scan to a memory device
Scan the document or image and store it on a memory device.
Step 1 : Place the essential images or document
Make use of the scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder tray for scanning your document or images.
- Power on the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer.
- Mount the required documents or photos:
- Use the Scanner glass: Load the document with the print side downward on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the guides around the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Automatic Document Feeder: Load the file into the document feeder tray. The print side face upward and the top edge goes into the tray first. Adjust the width guides to place the file in a proper position.
Step 2 : Scan the documents
Select the memory device, and then scan from the printer’s control panel.
- Position the memory device into the printer.
- From the control panel of your printer, choose the Scan
- Select Memory device.
- Select your file type and resolution.
- Choose Start Scan to scan the document.
HP Officejet Pro 6960 fax setup
Make use of the procedure to set up the HP Officejet Pro 6960 printer to fax.
Step 1 : Meet the requirement
Ensure that all the requirements have been meet, prior to configuring the printer to fax.
- Employ an active telephone landline.
- Setup the ink cartridge on the printer.
- Place new white paper in the printer input tray.
- Avail the telephone cord and adapter that came along with the printer box.
Step 2 : Set up a fax on the corresponding printer
Plug in the telephone cord and modify the ring settings from the control panel of the printer.
Setup the ring settings from the printer’s control panel after connecting a telephone cord. Use the instructions below to set up fax on your printer.
- Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack that the printer is connected to.
- Remove the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the posterior side of the printer.
- Take off the answering machine power cord from the phone jack, and connect it to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- Suppose any other printer cord is used instead of the one which came with the printer to link the printer, the fax job might not be successful.
- Access the printer’s control panel, swipe the display to the left to click on 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup.
- In your display, select Fax Setup ànd Setup Wizard and then go through the guidance to setup the printer for faxing.
Step 3 : Establish the basic fax settings
You can also scrutinize the default settings based on the requirements. Make use of the instructions below to alter the settings.
Add contacts to phonebook
Go through the instructions below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the control panel of your printer and then select Faxa Send Now.
- Click on the Phone Book icon.
- Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon, click the Plus sign to add a contact.
- Click name, index the name and then click on the Done
- Click Fax number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done.
- Click Add.
Set up the dial type
Verify that the dial type setting on the phone matches the type of dialing used in the phone settings. Your printer cannot call another fax systems in case the dial type does not support.
- Access your printer’s control panel, swipe the screen to the left and select 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup.
- Swipe to the next screen, and click Fax Setup a Preferences.
- Swipe the display, click on the Dial Type
- Select Tone or Pulse.
Configure the fax speed
Generally, the fax speed can be set to slow, medium or fast based on the requirement. Fax failure can be reduced in case the speed is set to slow, but the fax job takes a longer time to complete.
- Swipe the display to the left on the control panel and then click Setup.
- Scroll up to the display, select Fax Setup a Preferences.
- Swipe the display, and then click on Speed.
- Choose Slow, Medium or Fast.
Procedure to configure the fax volume
Setup the fax ringer volume to soft or loud, or turn off the volume.The fax ringing volume can be fixed to soft or loud, or mute it.
- Access the control panel, swipe the display on the left and select Setup.
- Click Fax Setup by swiping on the display, and then click on the Preferences
- Swipe the display, and then click on Fax Volume.
- Click Soft, Off or loud.
Step 4 : Take a fax test
Fax test should be followed to verify that the fax is done correctly.
- Select Setup -> Fax Setup -> Tools -> Test
- The fax test report prints successfully.
- Take a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- In case the report displays that the Printer passed the test but the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer still detects fax issues, verify the fax settings listed in the report to ratify that the settings are correct. Incorrect or blank settings may cause an issue.
- In case the report displays that the printer failed the test, take a glance at the report for detailed information about fixing the fax issues.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6960 TROUBLESHOOTING
Paper Mismatch Error
You may receive any one of the below-mentioned error messages on the printer’s control panel while printing on envelopes or different paper sizes.
- Paper Mismatch
- Paper Size Mismatch
Step 1 : Alter the paper settings
Ensure that you have picked the appropriate paper size that corresponds to the paper you want to print on.
- Select File, Click on the Print option from the file you want to print.
- Ensure that your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer is in the Name or Printer’s push down list, and then select Propertiesà Print Properties or Preferences.
- Click the Paper or Quality
- Select the Advanced option, if required, and then pick your paper size.
- Choose your paper size that corresponds to the paper type and the size of the paper that is loaded into the input tray. Once you are done with loading the paper, click Ok. If you cannot detect the appropriate size, select the size from the list which is closest to the paper mounted in the tray.
- Click on the Ok option, and then attempt to print a sample document. If you detect the same issue, again and again, follow the next step.
Step 2 : Scrutinize the paper source settings
The paper which is loaded into the paper tray should be removed and reloaded.
- Take away all the paper from the input tray and reload all the paper, modify the paper width guides to place them gently against the edge of the paper stack.
- Open the document that you want to print, click on the File option and then select Print.
- Choose the Paper or Quality option, and then click Paper Source to choose the correct tray.
- Click on the Ok option, and then try to print a sample document.
Step 3 : Re-establish the printer settings
Employ the guidance to re-establish the printer settings.
- Ensure that you turn on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer.
- Pause until the printer is stable and noiseless before you commence.
- When the printer is switched on, remove the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Ensure that you connect the power cord to the printer.
- Power on your printer.
- Pause until the warm-up period finishes and printer is noiseless before you start.
Slow Printing for Windows
When the printer does not provide the expected speed, proceed with the steps and make your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer free from the error.
Step 1 : Reboot your printer
- Power on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro6960 printer.
- The power cord from the printer should be detached when your printer is turned on.
- Take away the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Link the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the printer.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes, and the printer is noiseless and inactive before you go to the next step.
Step 2 : Check the configured printer driver settings
Acquire best quality by picking certain paper types. Obtain faster print speeds by allowing your printer to print in plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Find the printer under Windows, and then click on the Devices and Printer option in the list of results.
- Ensure that you double-click the printer icon.
- Double click on the Set Preferences option.
- Pick the paper type information.
- Move to the Quality settings area, ensure that the Draft or Normal option is chosen.
- Select Ok or Apply to confirm the changes you are made, turn off the printer driver window, and the Devices and Printers window.
Use your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer to print the required documents. Go to the following procedure if the printer issues have not been resolved.
Step 3 : Uninstallation of the printer driver
- Link your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer to the system via a USB cable, it must be removed from the printer’s end.
- Look for the Programs and Features options from Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the available list.
- Uninstall the existing printer driver.
- Make use of the instructions to complete the software removal.
- Boot up your computer.
Step 4 : Procedure for Printer driver reinstallation
Uninstall the existing HP Officejet Pro 6960 driver from the system, move to our website and then make use of the instructions to reinstall the updated version of the printer driver and software.
Attempt to print a sample document. In case the issue still remains, navigate to the next step.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer driver
- Download the updated firmware.
- Ensure that the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer is powered on, and is linked to the system, either via USB or a network.
- Go to our website, click Software and Driver Download, and then index your printer model number.
- Choose the required operating system version.
- Go to Firmware and then click on Download option.
In case the firmware section is not displayed, a firmware upgrade is not currently available.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant option and then select install now.
- In case the serial number is not displayed in the list, click on the printer model number, and then select Update.
- In case the serial number is displayed in the list, but the status is not applicable, it is not essential to update the printer firmware. Click on Cancel option.
- Once the update is completed, click on the Ok
- If you are guided to use a USB cable, wait for 20 seconds, and then click Refresh.
- Find Devices and Printers option under Windows, and then select Devices and Printers from the list.
- Right-click the USB printer driver that corresponds to the printer model, and then select Remote Device.
- Detach the USB cable from the computer, and then reboot your printer again.
Try to print a sample document. If the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 6 : Modify the existing network status
If the printer is linked to a Wired or Wireless network, follow the tips and guidance to help you to resolve the slow printing issue.
- Verify the wireless signal strength by selecting the wireless icon in the Windows taskbar on the system. In case the signal strength is low, place the router, computer and the printer at a closer distance.
- In case the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6960 Setup printer is linked to the network using Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connections are strong.
- Reboot your router by disconnecting it, pause for a while, and connect the cable again.