HP OFFICEJET PRO 8715 SETUP
- Wireless connections can be done either using Wi-Fi or using an Ethernet cable.
- If you are facing an out of paper issue, and you are faxing at the time, it will store your faxes and do it later.
- You can use it for home or home-office purpose from light to moderate/heavy printing needs.
- Your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer measures 12.3 inches height by 19.5 inches width by 25.2 inches depth.
- Has built-in faxing rather than which it can print, copy and scan.
- Functions with Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- Ample size paper feeder tray.
- Uses Inkjet Technology for printing.
- Expeditious two-sided printing.
- ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) assists duplexing.
- Configuration is simple.
- Ink cost is quite expensive.
- Lack of USB Pict Bridge for direct printing from cameras.
- Cannot enable direct connection using a USB cable.
- Ink runs out easily.
123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 UNBOX SETUP
Step 1 : The HP Printer is unsealed from the box
- The printer is taken out from the box and all the tapes and packaging stuff are unsealed from the outside of the printer.
- Bring down the output tray and then clutch the handle and lower the ink cartridge access door to unlock it.
- The interior parts tape of the printer and packaging stuff are removed from their sealing.
- Then, lower the cartridge access door.
- Ratify that you have taken out all durable equipments from the box before disposing or reusing the box and package stuff.
Step 2 : Steps to enable connection using the power cable and then switch on the printer
- You need to attach one end of the power cable to the printer’s hind side and the other end to an electrical socket.
- Power up the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer by pressing the Power button.
Step 3 : The new ink cartridges are set onto its place
- The handle of the ink cartridges should be grasped and then the ink cartridge access door is should be further lowered to access it.
- The carriage will move to the midst of your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
- Be tranquil until your printer becomes inactive and stationary prior to proceeding.
- One of the ink cartridges is can now be taken out from its package. Stay alert and make sure you clutch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- The plastic tape is dragged out.
- The ink cartridge is set onto its place in such a way that it needs to face with the nozzles headed for the printer, and then they are attached to their appropriate slot. The ink cartridge is set onto its place in such a way that the nozzles face the printhead and are fixed into place.
- In the right side slot, the black cartridge is inserted.
- In the left side slot, the tri-color ink cartridge is inserted.
- The new ink cartridge is inserted smoothly at a minute ascendant angle into the empty slot, and then it is pressed till it clicks into its slot.
- Make use of the same steps for the tri-color cartridges also.
- The ink cartridge access door is shut down.
Step 4 : Feed the fresh paper into the input tray
Place plain, U.S. letter or A4 paper in the input feeder tray subsequently you install the ink cartridges.
- The input tray is raised up.
- Dissimilar papers are taken out from the input tray, and then the paper width guide is adjusted as far as possible to the left.
- A stack of U.S. letter, A4, or legal size paper is inserted into the feeder tray with the diminutive edge forward and the print side facing adjacent to you. The stack is pushed into the tray until it rests.
- The paper width guide is adjusted to the right until it rests at the edge of the paper.
- The output tray is brought down and the output tray extender is slide out .
Step 5 : The ink cartridges are put in their place
- Once the paper is loaded, the printer mechanically prints an alignment page.
- Hold the scanner lid.
- The alignment page is placed with the print side down on the scanner lid, according to the inscribed guides they are located around the glass.
- Lower the scanner lid.
- Hold the Start Copy Black icon or the Start Copy Color icon on the control panel display of the printer.
- The ink cartridges will be lined up by the printer.
Step 6 : The printer driver software is installed
Nor, your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer hardware setup is ready and you can install the software. Never enable as connection between the printer and computer until you are inculcated to do so.
Wired Network Printer Setup for Windows & Mac
This document explains in detail about how to connect using a Wired (Ethernet) connection for Windows and Mac computers.
You can configure your network-connected printer using an Ethernet cable by installing the HP print driver on a Windows PC.
Step 1 : Prep your printer for the installation of driver and network connection
Prior to installation of the printer driver, confirm that you have a network router which is in working condition and an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure that you are provided with a network router, switch, or hub that has unoccupied Ethernet ports.
- Ratify that you have enabled a connection between the computer and the router, switch, or hub, if it was not enabled previously.
- Have an Ethernet cable handy. Never make use of a standard telephone cable.
- Ethernet cable has a wide connector and is provided with eight wires
- Never make use of a telephone cable. It is a narrow connector and has between two and six wires
Step 2 : Enable connection to your printer using the network
The Ethernet cable is connected to the printer and the router, switch, or hub so that the HP printer can be found at the time of installation.
- Power up the 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
- Detach any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the hind side of the printer.
- Attach the Ethernet cable to the printer hind side port and then connect the other end of the cable to an exixting port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 3 : Install the printer driver software
The HP printer driver should now be installed to finish the whole network HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer setup.
You can directly go to our website, fill in the model number of your printer, and then make use of the instructions that are screened in order to download your printer driver. Based on the model of your printer, the driver installation app HP Easy Start may commence downloading.
- If the HP Easy Start or a driver initializes to download, you can make use of the guidelines to access the file which is downloaded and to initiate the setup process. When you are requested to choose a connection type, choose Wired Network. After this step comma there is no need to proceed with the succeeding steps in the guide if you are done with your setup process.
- If your downloading process is not successful or in case you cannot find the name of your printer in our website, proceed with the steps that describe about the installation of the 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer driver from our website.
- Then, navigate to our site to get Software and Driver downloads, index in with the model name of your printer if required, and then make sure that the version of your operating system is appropriate.
- For Windows: Below Driver-Product Installation Software, choose Download which is followed by the full feature driver. Go through the on-screen instructions to make use of the guided HP Download and Install Assistant, or choose Download only to store and then install the driver file from your computer.
- For Mac: Below Driver-Product Installation Software, choose Download which is followed by the full feature driver or the HP Easy Start, based on the option that gets screened. You can start the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file from the Downloads folder or browser tab to commence with the installation process.
- For Windows: When the installer requests you to select a printer option, choose Wired Networkto proceed with and finish the setup.
- For Mac: Tap on the name of your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer, select Use or Print Using menu, then choose the printer name from the cascading menu and then tap on Add.
- For Windows: Attempt to print, scan, or fax, based on the functionality of your printer.
- For Mac: Do revert to the HP installer to finish the installation process.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8715 SCAN SETUP
Using your Officejet Pro 8715 Printers comma Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App that works with Android & Apple.
This file contains the procedures that can be applied to HP printers and Android and Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
By having the HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote app, you can configure your printer over a wireless network. You can also print, scan, and troubleshoot printer problems.
Step 1 : The requirements are inspected
Prior to installing the HP AiO Printer Remote app, ensure that your HP printer and your mobile device satisfy the following requirements
- An Android OS 4.4 that works using KitKat version or advanced, or an Apple iOS 9 or later iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Configuring your printer can be done by using the app, make certain that your mobile phone is connected to your wireless network.
- Make use of the app which is configured already and connected over the network, your mobile phone and printer need to be connected to the same network.
If connecting your printer over a network is not possible, you can still print directly to your printer using Wi-Fi Direct.
Step 2 : The HP AiO Printer Remote app is installed
You can install the 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 AiO Printer Remote app on your Android or Apple iOS device. You can include your printer name, once you are done with installing the app.
- In your mobile phone, access a web browser, and then navigate to our web page.
- The HP Product Setup page gets opened.
- Touch Google Play or App Store, and then touch Install or Get.
- Once the installation gets over, start the app, and then touchStart.
- If you have already configured and connected over a wireless network, this app will choose your printer mechanically. If you are not able to find your printer, you can pick your printer physically:
- Android devices: Touch Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app welcome screen to look at obtainable printers. If you are unable to see your printer name in the list, touch My printer is not listed, and then touch Help Search for a Network Printer.
- Apple iOS devices: Touch Select a Different Printer on the app welcome screen, and then make use of the guidelines to find the name of your printer.
- If you are configuring a new printer over your network, make use of the instructions which are screened on the display to configure your HP printer. In case the app does not prompt you to configure your printer, include your HP printer manually:
- Android devices: Choose Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app welcome screen to view the available printers. Select My printer is not listed, and then Select Help Set Up a New Printer.
- Apple iOS devices: Tap on Add a New Printer on the app welcome screen.
Step 3 : The documents and photos are to be printed and scanned
The documents or photos that are stored on your mobile device or on your cloud or social media accounts can also be printed. You can scan documents or photos from your HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer or employ your mobile device camera in order to scan items.
- You can print the documents or photos stored on your Android or Apple iOS device. You can also perform print from Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram.
- You can scan the documents or photos from your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 Printer to your mobile phone. Then you can store your scans on your mobile phone or in a cloud account like Google Drive, or send them using email.
- You can make use of the camera on your mobile phone in order to scan a document or photo like a PDF or JPEG file. You can also store your scans on the mobile phone or in a cloud account like Google Drive, or send them using email.
Step 4 : Inspect the levels of ink, order supplies, and access printer settings, information, and reports
The HP AiO Printer Remote app permits you to examine the supplies of your printer, look at the information on your printer and reports, and modify the settings of your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
You can take a snap of the document or photo, make certain of your scan, and then keep a finger on any one of the dots modify your border physically.
Apple iOS devices:
Tap Auto or Manual mode when the camera is opened. Auto mode permits you to rapidly scan single or numerous documents. The physical mode is best for one or two-page scans, Auto mode does not identify the document or photo being scanned.
Touch the checkmark button to finish an Auto scan process, and then proceed to the scan preview display.
Step 5 : Identify the welcome screen (if needed)
The AiO Remote app welcome screen tiles can be customized. Reorder the tiles in the correct order that you need for quicker access.
- To reorder the tiles, on the welcome screen push and hold the tile that you need to transfer, and then place it in the desired location.
- To switch on or off the tiles, click the Personalize tile, and then click the On/Off toggle on the articles that you need to include (on) or discard (off) from the welcome screen. Touch Done to store any modifications and revert to the welcome screen.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8715 FAX Setup
This document gives you tips on how to make your printer ready to fax.
Step 1 : Satisfy the requisite
Confirm that all the requirements have been satisfied prior to preparing your printer to fax.
- A telephone landline need to be in active condition.
- Install the ink cartridges on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
- A fresh paper is placed in the printer feeder tray.
- The telephone cord and adapter that were provided in your printer box
Step 2 : Configure a Fax on the printer
The telephone cord is to be connected and the ring settings can be modified according to your wish from the control panel display of the printer.
Configure the ring settings from the control panel display of your HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer after enabling a connection with a telephone cord. Employ the instructions which are described below to organize fax on your printer.
- Any telephone devices which are connected from the phone jack to your corresponding printer is to be disconnected.
- Unplug the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on your printer’s hind side.
- Hold the replying machine power cable from the phone jack, and plug it into the port labeled 2- EXT on your printer’s hind side.
- In case some other phone cord is employed instead of the one which came along with your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer to connect the printer, the fax job may not be effective.
- Start the control panel of your printer, go to the display’s left to click Setup.
- Scroll over the display, choose Fax Setup from Setup Wizard and then make use of the following instructions to prep up your printer for faxing.
Step 3 : Organize for the basic fax settings
The default settings are to be altered, depending on your needs. Have a glance at the guidelines which are given in detail to alter your settings.
The contacts are to be included to the phonebook.The instructions that are given below are used, to include a new contact in the phone book.
- The 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer control panel is started and Fax-> Send Now is to be selected.
- The Phone Book symbol is chosen.
- Navigate to the PhoneBook Contact icon, click the plus sign to include a contact.
- Choose Name, fill in the name and then tap on Done option.
- Choose Fax Number, and then index in with the fax number of the contact, tap Done.
- Select Add.
Step 4 : Steps to perform a fax test
Fax test needs to be done in order to examine whether the fax setup is done correctly.
- Tap Setup->Fax Setup-> Tools-> Test.
- And now comma the sample report of the fax will be printed successfully.
- Have a glance at the Fax Test Report.
- In case the report makes sure that your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer has passed the test but your printer is still facing the faxing troubles comma then examine the fax settings which are mentioned in the report to make certain that the settings are correct. Improper or blank settings may be the reason for fax issues.
- In case the report makes sure that the printer failed the test, then refer the report for more information about fixing the fax issues.
Prints extra blank page for Windows At the end of all print jobs, your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer will print an extra fresh sheet of paper.
Step 1 : Confirm that your computer antivirus software are made up-to- date
Update your preferred antivirus protection program to the current version. All viruses, spyware and malware can be discarded by scanning. In case discarding any viruses, spyware or malware rectify the problem, you do not need to proceed with troubleshooting steps.
Step 2 : The printer firmware is updated
The firmware may be outdated or corrupted. The updated firmware for your printer can be downloaded.
- Switch on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
- A USB cable can be used to connect your printer to the system, the cable is to be unplugged from the printer.
- Go to our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads.
- If necessary, you can select a technique to identify the model of your printer and then make use of the on-screen instructions to go the downloads page.
- Pick your Firmware, and then tap on Download
- HP Download and Install Assistant is employed for a firmware download and installation, or select Download only to physically access or initiate the printer driver file.
In some cases, the problem will be rectified by the printer firmware, and after this there is no need to follow the troubleshooting procedure.
Step 3 : Uninstalling the driver software
Crashed or partially downloaded software might cause the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer to expel a blank sheet after each print job.
- If a USB is used to connect your printer and the system, then disconnect the cord from the printer.
- Browse for Uninstall a program in Windows, and then choose Uninstall a Program Control panel setting in the list.
- Below the list of installed programs, select the name of your HP printer, and then choose Uninstall or Yes to make certain with the uninstallation process.
- You can employ the instructions to finish the software removal.
- Reconfigure the computer.
Step 4 : Printer software reinstallation
The most recent update of your printer software can be downloaded from our website.
- Switch on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 printer.
- By making use of a USB cable you can establish a connection between the printer and system, unplug the cable from the HP printer.
- Mouse-over to our website and then pick the Software and Driver Download option.
- If essential, a technique needs to be employed to identify the printer model, and then make use of the guidelines to move to the download page.
- Choose the Download option which is laid next to the full feature driver, or choose Basic Driver for other driver options.
If downloading the updated printer software solves your problem, you do not need to pursue with the troubleshooting procedure.
Step 5 : Documents can be printed directly from the printer
Do modifications in the printer spooler option from printer properties to print directly to the printer.
- Browse for devices in Windows and select Devices and Printers in the list.
- From the installed programs list, make a right-click on the name of your printer and then choose Printer Properties.Your printer name is to be chosen.
- Tap on the Advanced option.
- The option Print directly to the printer is chosen.
- Pick Apply, and then tap on Ok.The supplementary page need not be printed by your printer once you are done with the troubleshooting steps.