Step 1: Unbox the printer from its packaging
- Grasp the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer from its box.
- Take off the labels and take out the printer, and the film stuck on the display should be removed.
- The packing stuff from the scanner glass should be cleared by lifting the scanner lid up and then close it after clearing.
- The packing stuff can be reused.
Step 2: Physical link is established using power cable and choose your primary settings
- In your printer’s hind part, plug in one end of the power cable, then another end of the cable is connected to a wall socket.
- Power up your printer.
- From your printer display, tap your preferred language and country/region, then tap Yes to make sure of your selections.
- Set the date and time if necessary, and tap Yes to make sure.
Step 3: Feed paper into the input tray
- Drag out the feeder tray.Discard the packing stuff.
- Fill the tray with fresh sheets of paper by keeping the short edge forward and the print side down.
- Place the sheets properly until it gets located accordingly.
- Adjust the paper width guides until they sit on the edges of the paper.Fit the input tray into place.
Step 4: Fix the ink cartridges
- The ink cartridge access door is unlocked.Your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer needs to stay silent and stationary prior to continuing.
- The tapes from cartridges are discarded. Stay cautious that you are keeping your hands in contact only with the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Clutch the cartridge by its sides with the color label facing you and push the cartridge until it gets clicked into its slot.
- The ink cartridge access door is locked.The printhead will be brought into line by the printer automatically.
The color on the cartridge should exactly match with the letter on the slot.The same steps are repeated for the other cartridges.
Steps for Software and Driver Installation for Windows & Mac
Step 1: Procedure to download the printer driver software
Hardware setup is done on your printer, now you need to install the software. You are not recommended to enable a connection between the printer and computer until you are inculcated to do so.
- Use the prompts and download the latest driver version for your HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup printer from our website.
- Firstly, click and enter into our website to download the software.
- Fill in with the exact printer model in the appropriate column and then have a glance at whether the operating system version is exact.
- Choose Download, then the software will be downloaded automatically.It will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Step 2: Procedure to install the printer driver
- For installation, selecting a connection type is a requisite. You can select USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and connection preferences.
- For Windows: From the Downloads folder, the complete feature driver .exe folder is accessed to commence with the installation.
For Mac: From the Downloads folder, the complete feature driver .dmg folder is accessed to commence with the installation.
- At the time of installation, you need to establish a connection between the printer and the computer.
- When prompted by the installer, tap Add Printer to build a new print queue.This gives access to the Add window.
- Your HP Printer’s name is chosen, pick the Use or Print Using menu tab, then pick your printer name from the drop-down list, and then select Add.
- Return back to the HP installer to finish the installation.