HP OFFICEJET PRO 8725 PRINTER
HP OfficeJet Pro 8725, an All-In-One printer provides you remarkable value for professional, in-office color printing. The printer lets you manage your budget with professional-quality color at up to 50% less cost per page than lasers. Print, scan, copy and fax with this ENERGY STAR qualified printer.
- The printer has two trays each with a capacity of 250 sheets, an output tray with a capacity of 150 sheets and an ADF with a capacity of 50 sheets.
- It has a print speed up to 24 ppm for monochrome and up to 20 ppm for color.
- The monthly duty cycle of the printer is up to 30000 pages.
- Connect the printer to either a wired or wireless network or a USB cable.
- The printer supports mobile printing solutions such as ePrint and Air Print.
- Windows, Mac and Linux are the systems compatible with the printer.
- The printer supports both Automatic and manual duplex printing.
123.HP.Com Ojpro8725 – Unbox setup
The foremost step after purchasing a new printer is to take away the printer and the packing materials from the box and then connect the power cable. Now, go through the instructions given below to proceed further.
- As the contents differ with respect to country/region, check the back of the box or a list of items shipped in it.
- Take out the Officejet Pro printer from the box and then discard all tape, stickers and packing wrap from the printer.
- After removing all tape and packing materials from the outside of the printer, remove the film from the printer’s control panel.
- Open the scanner lid, then discard the packing wrap from the scanner glass and then shut the scanner lid.
- To the rear end of the printer, connect one end of the power cord and then plug in the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket.
- Power on the printer, then set your preferences on the control panel and then click Yes to confirm your choices.
- Pull out the input tray, then remove the packing materials and then mount plain, U.S. Letter or A4 paper in the input tray.
- Now, insert the ink cartridges in their respective slots. Pull out the input tray, and then remove the packing materials.
Wired Printer network Setup Windows & Mac
You can install the printer driver and software to configure your Officejet Pro printer on a wired network connection. The steps provided below may guide you.Step 1: Making arrangements for the driver installation and network connection
- Before you install the printer driver, make sure that you have a proper network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Also, check if you have a network router, switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ensure that the system is connected to the router, switch or hub.
- Get an Ethernet cable. It is advisable to not use a standard telephone cable.
Step 2: Connecting the printer to the network
- Make sure that you connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and the router, switch or hub such that the printer is detected during installation.
Now, power on your HP 8725 printer.
Step 3: Downloading the software
- Type your printer model and then based on the printer and OS, driver installation app HP Easy Start may download.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, make sure that you follow the instructions to open the download file to begin the setup.
- When prompted to choose a connection type, click on Wired Network.
- Now, follow the prompts to download and install the driver on your printer.
Printer Driver installation
Printer Driver installation for Windows
Downloading an upgraded printer driver is a good option as it may avoid printer issues and prevent the system from getting corrupted. Follow the prompts given below to download the driver for your Windows PC.
Step 1: Downloading a compatible driver
- Based on your printer model and the operating system version, download an updated printer driver.
- Note that the HP Easy Start app gets activated but in some cases, it may fail to download the printer driver.
- Make sure that the computer has an Internet connection and then try to download again.
- You may notice that the downloaded printer driver gets stored in the download folder.
Step 2: Installing the downloaded driver
- Choose USB, Wireless or Wired as the connection type based on the printer model.
- Open the download folder. It may be in the .exe format.
- When prompted, click Add printer to start a print queue on your device.
Driver installation for Mac device
It is always a good option to keep the driver updated to avoid printer issues. Follow the prompts given below to download the driver for your Mac Operating System.
Step 1: Downloading a suitable driver for the printer
- Download an updated printer driver based on your printer model and the operating system version.
- Make a note that the HP Easy Start app gets activated but in some cases, it may fail to download the printer driver.
- Ensure that the system has an Internet connection and then try to download again.
- Note that the downloaded printer driver may get stored in the download folder.
Step 2: Installing the printer driver
Printing with Black Ink Only
When you choose this setting, it may let you print in only monochrome color. Here, the colors present in the original document or images are converted to black. Follow the guidelines given below.
- Modify the print settings to print with black ink only for a single print job.
- Note that the procedure varies based on the printer model and Operating System.
- Select your model from the list of printers and then click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Based on your software app, the button might be termed as Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer or Preferences.
- Now, choose the Paper/Quality or Features option.
- Make sure that you select Advanced option, then choose Print in Gray-scale and then click Black Ink Only.
- Now, modify any one of the following settings based on what it displays.
- Click Advanced option –> Print in Grayscale–> Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.
- Select Print in grayscale, and the click High-Quality Grayscale. Click OK and then start the print job.
- If you do not want to change the print settings each time you print, it is advisable to alter the default print settings to print with black ink only or grayscale for all your print job.
- For further information or support, reach our experts on the Toll-free number.
How to send a fax
Go through the basic prompts given below to send a fax from the scanner glass, the Automatic Document Feeder or System.
Sending a fax from the scanner glass
- After removing all original documents from the document feeder tray, raise the scanner lid.
- Close the scanner lid and then click Send Fax Now.
- Make sure that you type the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or use a stored number from the PhoneBook.
- The printer may start dialing the fax number and faxing the document.
Now, mount the original print side down on the right front corner of the glass and then arrange the original to the engraved guides near the edge of the >glass.
Send a fax from the Automatic Document Feeder – ADF
- Place the document print side upward and then slide the paper into the ADF until you hear the sound that signals the original documen
- t is in place.
- Slide the paper width guides inside such that they stop at the edge of the paper. Make sure that you do not push the guides so tightlli>
- Once you complete scanning, send the document to the recipient through fax.
- Select the Send Fax Now option. Now, type the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or use a stored number from the PhoneBook
Step 1: Placing the original in the Automatic Document Feeder Tray
Step 2: Scanning and sending the document
Send a fax from the system
- Open the document you want to fax, then click Print and then choose the printer that has a fax in the name.
- To change any settings, choose the Properties dialog box. Based on your software, the button may be known as Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences.
- Click OK, then type the desired fax number and other additional information for the receiver and then click Send Fax.
- The 123.hp.com setup 8725 printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing the document. In case the receiving fax machine is accessible, your fax is sent.
List of printer issues
- ‘Printhead Problem’ Error
- Network Scanner Connection Error
- Printer is Offline
- Error code
- ‘Paper Mismatch’ Error
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup
- An Extra Blank Page Prints
- Improving Scan Quality
- ‘Ink Alert’ or ‘Low on Ink’ Message Displays
- Ink Cartridge Errors
Paper mismatch error Windows and Mac
When printing envelopes or different paper sizes, you may come across the errors such as Paper Mismatch or Paper Size Mismatch on the control panel. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1: Adjusting the paper size setting
- Check the paper size to ensure that it matches the paper you want to print.
- Click File –> Print.
- Check if your printer model appears in the list and then select Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Select –> Paper/Quality –> Advanced –> Paper Size.
- Now, select the paper size that corresponds to the size and type of paper inserted in the input tray and then click OK.
- If there are no corresponding paper sizes, pick the size that is closest to the size of the paper placed in the tray. Now, click OK and then try to print.
Step 2: Checking the paper source setting
- Make sure that you take away all the paper from the input trays.
- Now, replace all the paper and then change the paper width guides such that they glide smoothly place against the edge of the paper stack.
- Once you complete checking the setting, click OK and then try to print the sample document.