HP Officejet 4620 Printer Setup
123.HP.COM/OJ4620 PRINTER SPECIFICATION
The HP Officejet 4620 Printer lets you print, scan, copy and fax. It supports Wi-Fi network. With this 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer, you can easily print from your mobile device. It has a print speed up to 8 pages per minute black and 7.5 ppm color.
The printer includes a 35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder. It lets you send quick faxes or scan documents to a PC or network folder. You can use the USB 2.0 port to print easily from your PC. The printer supports borderless printing. The printer lets you save even more with optional high-capacity cartridges for frequent printing. You can preset the printer to turn on or off and therefore save up to 40% on energy. Print through mobile printing solutions such as ePrint and Air Print. The 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It has a duty cycle up to 3000 pages per month.Black has a copy resolution up to 300 dpi and color has a copy resolution up to 600 dpi. The HP Officejet 4620 Printer offers all the key features you need for light duty office use at a surprisingly low price. Integrated OCR software in the scanner automatically converts scanned text to editable text.
Quick HP Officejet 4620 Printer Driver Download
- Downloading the compatible HP Officejet 4620 Printer Driver for your printer lets you do any printer task with great ease.
- Note that the driver for Windows and Mac are different. Sometimes you may notice a minor performance issue with the printer on using an old version of the driver with the hardware.
- It is advisable to analyze which edition and version of the Windows or Mac operating system are on your computer.
- You can easily install other software or system updates from HP, once you know the Windows or Mac edition and version.
- Make sure that you eradicate the obstructions if any and then place the computer and printer close together.
- Now, check if your HP Officejet 4620 Printer is linked to a power source and then switch on the printer.
- On your Windows PC, tap the Windows logo, then select the Settings option and then choose the printer model from the list.
- If the printer was not listed, make sure that you open Devices and Printers, then click Add Printer and then select The printer I want isn’t listed option.
- Make sure that you select My printer is a little older. Help me find it and then follow the prompts on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the printer is not found, make sure that you have the printer IP address or hostname ready and then open Devices and Printers.
- Now, click Add Printer and then select the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer I want isn’t listed option. Make sure that you add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and then click Next.
- Make sure that you select Standard TCP/IP port, then type the printer IP address or hostname and then click Next.
- On your Mac, select the printer model, then open Apple menu and then click on System Preferences.
- Select the devices option, then tap Printers & scanners and then select Add a printer or scanner.
- For any further information or support, do not hesitate to reach our expert team on the Toll-free number.
Wireless Printer Setup for 123.hp.com/oj4620 Printer
- To set up your HP Officejet 4620 Printer on the wireless network, collect the network name and password and check if the system and printer are prepared for the installation.
- It is advisable to check if your system has an internet access and also that your system, printer and router are on.
- Ensure that your system is connected to the same wireless network to which your HP Officejet 4620 printer is connected.
- It is recommended to use the built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to open or search for the printer folder.
- Now, turn on the printer and then select a suitable connection method to connect your printer.
- Follow the guidelines that appear on the screen to go to the download page.
- Download and install the current version of the full feature software and then choose an appropriate method to identify the printer model.
- Make a note that the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printers without a touch display use the USB wireless setup method.
- Ensure that you connect or unplug any cable only when you receive any prompt from the software.
- For any further information or support, reach us on the Toll-free number. Our technicians are here to provide you instant solutions for all your printer woes.
Replacing 123.hp.com/oj4620 Ink Cartridges
- Prior to replacing the cartridges and commencing the alignment process, load paper in the HP Officejet 4620 Printer.
- Carefully grasp the handle on the input tray and then pull the tray toward you to open it.
- You may notice that the Close Tray screen displays on the printer’s control panel.
- The message may say, ‘A paper tray is open. Close the tray to continue. Touch to view paper loading instructions.’
- You may notice that the Play icon also displays on the bottom left corner of the touchscreen.
- With the paper tray pulled out, make sure that you carefully push in the photo tray as far as possible. Now, insert plain white paper into the paper tray.
- Carefully push the stack of paper toward the rear of the paper tray until the paper stops.
- Make sure that you gently slide in the paper width guides until they lightly rest against the edges of the paper.
- You may notice that the Have You Changed the Paper? screen displays. The message may fade after several seconds and the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer may use the last paper settings that were entered if you do not select any option.
- If you do not change the paper size or type in the main tray or the photo tray, make sure that you tap OK to return to the Home screen.
- Turn on the Power button and then open the cartridge access door by placing two fingers under one or both of the small handles on the sides of the cartridge access door. Now, lift it up.
- You may notice that the Door Open screen displays on the HP Officejet 4620 Printer’s control panel. Ensure that it is completely closed.
- There is a possibility that you may notice a Change Ink option display on the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.
- Carefully take out the cartridge from the slot on the left to replace the tri-color cartridge. The black cartridge will be in the right slot.
- Take out the new cartridge from its package and after removing all the unwanted wrap from it, insert it into the slot. Remove the protective tape from the cartridge by pulling the orange tab.
- It is advisable to repeat the above steps to replace the other cartridge if necessary. Carefully close the cartridge access door. Select the OK option and then wait for the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer to calibrate and align the cartridges.
- You may observe that the printer prints an alignment page after the alignment process completes. Tap the OK option and then discard or recycle the alignment page.
Black ink not printing and other print quality issues
- It is always a better option to use genuine HP cartridges to maintain the quality of a printed document or photo.
- Note that your HP Officejet 4620 Printer has an automatic servicing routine that resolves many print quality issues.
- Make sure that you wait for it to complete and then proceed to the next step.
- Check if the paper you are using meets the specifications provided. Ensure that you do not use any curled or wrinkled paper.
- It is advisable to store paper in its original packaging inside a releasable plastic bag. To check if the problem is related to the paper, use a different paper.
- On your Windows or Mac PC, check the print settings. Prior to replacing any low or empty cartridges, check the estimated ink levels.
- Load A4 size paper in the tray to print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic Report.
- Check if the color bars in the report are complete, unstreaked and uniform across the width of the page.
- Ensure that the cartridges are properly seated. It is advisable to use an automated tool to clean the printhead.
- If the above solutions do not resolve the issue, replace the ink cartridge. If the issue is still unresolved, service the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer.
Clean the Printhead In HP OJ 4620 Printer
- The foremost step is to check if the ink cartridges are compatible with your 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer to avoid an error message.
- It is advisable to try resetting the printer. Make sure that you wait until the warm-up period completes.
- Now, take out the ink cartridges and check for an error message to diagnose the HP Officejet 4620 Printer issue.
- Ensure that you press the tab on the front of the ink cartridge to release it and then remove it.
- If an orange tab is attached to any ink cartridge, make sure that you remove it. Now, proceed to the next step.
- Carefully place the ink cartridges on a clean piece of paper upside-down with the ink opening pointing up.
- Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts with a lint-free cloth and then reinstall the ink cartridges one at a time.
- It is advisable to use a pin to clean the vents if any of the ink cartridges have clogged vents.
- Make sure that you repeat the preceding steps to clean each ink cartridge contacts. Reinsert each of the cartridges into their slot.
- It is advisable to Download the firmware update as an error may occur if the firmware is outdated. If the issues are unresolved, service the 123.hp.com/oj4620 printer.