123.hp.com oj4632 Printer
The productivity and the performance of the HP Officejet 4632 printer are high. As you have Wireless as the built- in feature, you can conveniently connect the printer to the network. Easily print, scan, and copy using this printer. It is highly suitable for home and home office needs.
This is one of the All-in- one printer that operates on HP Thermal Inkjet technology. The print, copy, and scan speed is remarkable. It is compatible with the Automatic Duplex feature.
- Function- Print, copy, Scan, and Fax
- Duplex printing- Yes
- Additional compatibility- HP ePrint, HP AirPrint, HP Wireless Direct
- Copy speed- 6 cpm for black and 4 cpm for color
- Fax speed- Up to 33.6 kbps.
- Transmission Speed- Approx 4 sec per page.
List of printing issues
- The printer is offline.
- Paper mismatch error
- Print job stuck in print queue
- Network scanner connection error
- Slow printing
- Fixing scan quality issues.
- Fixing copy quality issues.
- Cannot connect to Web services.
- Mobile print setup fails.
First time printer setup
You need to perform certain tasks to get the printer ready to perform the print/ copy/ scan/ fax function. Get through the simple instructions and customize the printer on your own.
STEP 1: CHECK THE PRINTER COMPONENTS AND UNPACK THEM
- Once you get the printer, open the shipment box and check if all the components are present.
- Take the printer out from the box and free it from the packing material.
- Remove all packing materials present inside the printer as well.
STEP 2: POWERING THE PRINTER AND SETTING YOUR PREFERENCES
- Use the power cord that you got in the printer package, and then plug it into a wall socket.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to the printer. Subsequently, switch on the printer and setup your preferences.
STEP 3: LOADING PAPER IN THE INPUT TRAY AND INSTALLING THE INK CARTRIDGES
- Check the supported paper type and paper size of the printer. Feed enough amount of paper in the loading tray.
- Check if they are placed evenly and then install the ink cartridges,
- Check the color code present and place the ink cartridge properly in the allotted slots.
- After installing all the cartridges, align the cartridges to get results.
STEP 4: INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE AND DRIVER
- Check our website for a suitable driver for your printer and use the on- screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Getting the printer claim code
A unique identification number you need to connect the printer to the compatible HP web- connected printing service is a printer claim code. Check the instructions and know more.
Step1: check the setup requirements
- Affirm that your printer supports web- connected printing services.
- You can get to know the compatibility by looking for the ePrint logo on the printer’s control panel.
- Check if the printer is linked to network.
STEP2: Enable web services
- By enabling Web Service from the printer control panel lets your printer communicate over the Internet with HP Connected printing services like HP ePrint.
- The instructions for enabling Web Services differ for the printers with and without the touch screen.
STEP3: Get the printer claim code
- Hold on until the printer prints the Make the Most of Your Printer or Important Printer Setup Instructions page
- On the information page, you can see your printer claim code that is required to add the printer on HP Connected.
Setting up a new fax
Start to send or receive fax only after customizing necessary settings for your printer. Use the below instructions to personalize your printer for fax.
- Use the phone cord that came with the printer to link the printer to the phone jack.
- Click on the Plus sign and then follow the steps provided below to set the fax volume, ring volume, fax number, and more.
- You can even customize the fax header. Go to settings and follow the instructions to set fax header of your choice.
- Use the down arrow and choose the Fax option. Now click on Ok and then tap Settings.
- Choose the Ring settings option and click OK. Now go to the Fax volume and set it either as Soft, Loud, or Off.
- Once it is done, click on Ok to save the changes made. Use the back arrow to revert to the main screen.
- For more details, click on call and get connected to our tech- support team.
Cannot connect to web services
When your printer fails to connect to Web services, you will receive the Service connection error message on the screen. Check the Internet access and reestablish the connection.
- Check if the printer is compatible with Web services. If the printer is compatible with Web Services, you can see the icon on the printer.
- Scrutinize your network and printer connection status. Once you re- establish the printer connection, enable Web Service.
- Booting up the printer, computer, and router help you resolve the printer issue.
- Enable Web Service from the Embedded Web Server. To do this, first print a Network configuration page and follow the prompts.
- Search for the URL for Embedded Web Server address on the network configuration page.
- Open an Internet browser on your computer and enter the URL for the EWS in the browser address bar. Subsequently, click on Enter.
- If you see a website security certificate in the Internet browser, click on Continue.
- Click on the Web Services tab on the EWS webpage. Subsequently, click on Continue and trail the prompts.
- Check the proxy server settings and check if the printer firmware installed on your computer is up- to- date.
- If you use outdated router firmware, the performance of the router gets affected and it fails to access the Internet.
- Printer service also helps you resolve this kind of printer issues.
Mobile printer setup fails
If you fail to setup the printer while using the HP Smart app on your mobile device, use the instructions available on this website to clear the issue.
- Refresh the printer’s list in HP Smart app. Go to the HP Smart app home screen, click on the plus sign to display the printer list.
- If the printer is not listed, power off the printer, hold on for 60 seconds, and then power on it. Now access the HP Smart app on your device and verify is the printer is listed again.
- Verify the printer’s network connection and the printer status.
- Customizing the printer with the HP Smart app again let you resolve this kind of printer issue.
- If the printer name is listed, click on it and follow the prompts.
- If the printer name is not listed, click on My printer is not listed, and then click on Help Setup a New printer and then trail the prompts and check the printer connection.
- Connecting the printer to the computer is also a solution to bring back the normal condition of the printer.
- The instructions to connect the printers with a touch or text- based control panel display and the printers without a control panel display differ from each other.
- For more information, you can give a call on the toll- free number displayed on the screen.
Google Cloud Print
This is a free service that is compatible with your printer. Using this feature, you can print the necessary documents or photos saved on your cloud.
- To print using the Google Cloud Print feature, you have to set up the printer with Google Cloud Print from a mobile device or computer.
- If you want to print from your mobile device, first place enough number of paper in the loading tray and make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your mobile device.
- On your mobile device, install Cloud Print from Google Play Store.
- Once the installation is done, go to the Settings option and then click Printing.
- Click On and then choose the Cloud Print option. Choose the Add Printer option and click on Ok.
- The choose a file which you want to print. You can print documents, webpages, photos, or email using this feature.