123 HP OFFICEJET 4630 PRINTER SETUP
HP Officejet 4630 Driver and Manual Download
Avail the latest version of the printer driver and manual from 123.hp.com/oj4630 us within seconds.
Click the link to download 123 HP Officejet 4630 Driver for Windows and Mac compatible printer.
123.HP.Com Oj4630 – Wired Setup instruction for Windows
Setup the printer over a wired (Ethernet) network
To establish the network connection via the Wired network, it is obligated to have an Ethernet cable. Go through the instructions given below and follow them accordingly.
Step 1 : Inspecting the requirements
Before you start to install, ensure that you have a properly conditioned network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that you own a network router, a hub with the required number of Ethernet ports and switch.
- It is obligatory to connect the router, switch, or hub to the computer if the connection is not done already.
- Own an Ethernet cable. A phone cable is not suitable for this. A standard phone cable must also not be used.
- The Ethernet cable is the one that is wide and has eight wires whereas the telephone cab is narrow and has two six wires.
Step 2 : Your printer is linked to the network
Here are the steps that let you initiate the link between the printer and the network using an Ethernet cable.
- The 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer should be maintained in on condition
- Remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer’s rear end.
- Plug- in one end of the Ethernet cable into the printer port whereas the other end should be connected to an unused port on the network router. Hub, or switch.
HP Officejet 4630 Installing The Downloaded Software
- It is necessary to download the updated Mac print driver for your printer. When you are admonished, choose the network type as Wired network.
- Your HP Officejet 4630 printer must be kept on.
- The USB cable that is bonded to the printer should be removed from the computer.
- Visit our website, and follow the successive steps after tapping the Software and Downloads
- When you are instructed, you are supposed to find the printer model and select it. The on- screen instruction let you direct to the downloads
- Go with Download option or Basic Drivers option alternatively.
Wired Setup for Mac System
It is necessitated to pick a connection type. After choosing a connection type, guidelines for how to establish set up between your printer and Mac computer over a wired or wireless connection will be given in detail. Make use of it and enable the connection.It is mandatory to choose the connection type.
Prep up your printer to connect to a Wired (Ethernet) network
To make your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer installation an efficacious one, it is mandatory to have an Ethernet cable, a functioning network, and the full feature driver from our website.
Step 1 : The requirements are inspected
Initially, make certain that you have a working conditioned network router and an Ethernet cable, then install the HP Officejet 4630 driver.
- Confirm that you have a network router, switch, or hub handy with the requisite number of Ethernet ports.
- Your computer needs to be linked to the router, switch, or hub if it is not connected already.
- Get an Ethernet cable. You should not use telephone cable.
- Employ the Ethernet cable – it is designed in a wide manner and consists up to 8 wires.
- For sure, Telephone cable should not be used as it is designed in a narrow shape and consists of two to six wires.
Step 2 : Your printer is connected to the network
Make use of the subsequent steps in order to connect the printer to your network using a wired (Ethernet) cable.
- Power up the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer.
- All plug or protective cover should be unplugged from the Ethernet port on the hind side of the printer.
- The Ethernet cable should be linked to the printer port, and then the other end is to be plugged into an accessible port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 3 : Run the software once it’s downloaded
The latest HP Officejet 4630 driver for Mac is downloaded from our website. When requested, choose Wired network connection type.
- Your 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer is powered up.
- Using a USB cable if you have enabled the connection between your printer and computer, then unplug the cable from the computer.
- Directly go to the Customer care support site for Software and Driver HP Officejet 4630 download.
- You need to select a technique to find the model of your HP printer, then go through the on-screen prompts to get directed towards downloads page.
- Tap Download that is laid next to HP Easy Start or followed by the full feature driver, based on the option that gets screened.
- The Downloads folder is accessed, then start the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to start the installation process.
- Go through the on-screen directions to make your printer prepared for the wired connection and install the software.
- When requested by the installer, tap Add Printer to generate a print queue on the Mac.
- The Add window gets accessed.
- Your printer name is selected, tap the Use or Print Using menu, in the menu, you can choose your printer name and then tap
- Revert to the HP installer to finish the installation.
USB Printer Setup for Windows
Here are the instructions that are used to setup the printer via a USB connection for computers that operates using Windows. Make sure that your Windows computer is installed with the complete featured 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer driver to obtain the most supported features from a USB cable connected printer.
Step 1 : Put in together the required items at the time of printer setup
Affirm that you have all the essential stuff prior to initiating the setup process and follow the succeeding instructions that are provided briefly.
- You must have the below-stated stuff prior to initiating the setup process:
- Your printer should be powered up and prep up your Officejet 4630 for installation.
- You are supposed to connect a cable whose length is not more than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- Your HP Officejet 4630 printer may encounter an error if it is not plugged in directly to the electrical outlet.
- All the cables that are connected to your printer need to be disconnected. Avail the prompts to prep up your printer for setup.
- When you are directed to connect the plug, kindly do it.
The Windows search tab is opened, then index in with devices in the appropriate tab, and then select the Devices and Printers control panel settings from the available list.
- Right-click on the printer symbol to reject the devices that are connected to your printer. Subsequently, tap the Remove Device option.
- The printers other than your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 which are connected at this time need to be eliminated.
- Go ahead with the succeeding steps when the Devices and Printers window has been shut down.
Step 2 : The printer is arranged for installation after downloading the appropriate driver
You need to install the updated version of the HP Officejet 4630 driver on your computer in order to do the essential functionalities by your printer.
Browse for the current upgraded version and continue with the prompts to complete the installation process.Based on the type of your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer, your computer starts downloading the HP Easy Start app.
- HP Easy Start app will be downloaded on your computer depending on the model of the printer that you are using.
- After a driver or HP Easy Start, app completes downloading, then go through the on- screen prompts to open the downloaded file and begin to prep your 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer. Prefer the connection type as USB when you are instructed to select. It is not essential to make use of the succeeding steps in this section if the printer configuration has been finished.
- If the HP Officejet 4630 download is unsuccessful or your printer is not listed, go through the instructions.
- Once the installation is over, commence to print/ scan/ copy as your wish.
USB Setup for Mac
- Make use of the same preceding instructions as described for Windows computer.
- The Installation screen is accessed, make sure that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected. If your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer comes with a scanner, you can activate the full scan functionality by selecting this.
- When you are instructed by the installer, tap on the Add Printer option to frame a new print queue on the Mac computer.
- When the Add window gets started, you can browse and select your printer name and then proceed to the Use or Print Using menu, pick the name of your printer from the list, and then do a tap on Add options.
- Return back to the HP installer again to finish the installation process.
- Depending on your preference among the printer’s functionality, attempt to print, scan or fax.
123 HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting Solution
Slow Printing for Windows
When your printer print speed is much slower than your predicted speed, or if it does not satisfy the speeds that are mentioned in the printer specification, then follow the steps.
Step 1 : Boot up your printer HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting
- Power up your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer.
- Stay until the printer is silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Keeping your printer switched on, the power cord should now be disconnected from the printer.
- The power cord should be disconnected from the wall outlet.
- Stay at least for 60 seconds.
- The power cord is connected back into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power on your printer, in case it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets over and the printer remains silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Attempt to print a sample document. If the HP Officejet 4630 troubleshooting issue still persists, then perform the next step.
Step 2 : Examine the HP Officejet 4630 driver settings
The printer driver settings need to be examined. Selecting specific paper types or printing in Best quality. This can slow down your printer print speeds. Your document can be printed on plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for quicker print speeds.
Browse your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 Printer below Windows, and then choose Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- Double- tap the printer symbol.
- Double- tap the Set Preferences
- Recognize the paper type info.
- Below the Paper type area, make certain that Plain paper is chosen.
- Under the Quality Settings area, confirm that the Draft or Normal are selected.
- Choose Ok or Apply to make sure of the changes that are done, shut down the printer driver window, and then shut down the Devices and Printers screen.
- Attempt to print the document. If you are still facing the problem, then directly perform the next step.
Step 3 : Steps for installing the HP Officejet 4630 driver
- If the printer is connected to the system via a USB cable, then disconnect the cable from the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer.
- Browse for programs and features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the provided listed results.
- The list of installed programs will be displayed from the list pick the name of your printer, and then choose Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- The system is to be reset.
Step 4 : Install your HP Officejet 4630 driver software again
When you are done with the uninstallation process of your printer driver, navigate directly to our website, and then you can make use of the prompts to HP Officejet 4630 download and install the updated printer driver.
Attempt to print a sample document. If your 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer is still having a problem, then go to the next step.
Step 5 : Updating the HP Officejet 4630 driver firmware
The firmware updates can be obtained and downloaded from the website.
- Ensure that the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is powered up and plugged into the system, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Look at our website and then choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then index in with your printer model number.
- Select the operating system, if needed.
- Pick your Firmware, and then click HP Officejet 4630 download.
If you cannot find the list of your firmware section, then for your printer model firmware comma an upgrade is not available.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant, pick Next, and then tap on install now.
- If the serial number is not listed, then tap on the serial number of your printer, and then choose Update.
- If you can see the serial number on the list but if the status is not applicable, then there is no need to upgrade your printer firmware. Choose Cancel.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and your printer is functioning by using a network connection, link with a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds, and then pick
- When you are done with your updates, choose
- If you are connecting a USB cable for the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was included in
- Browse Devices and Printers Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Right-click the USB printer device that corresponds to your printer model, and then click Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable, and then reboot the system.
Attempt to print a sample document. If you are facing the problem still, then proceed to do the next step.
Step 6: The network status is examined
If your printer is connected to a wired or wireless network, there are numerous tips and procedures which correct your slow printing HP Officejet 4630 troubleshooting issues.
- You need to examine the strength of the wireless signal in your system, by choosing the wireless connection symbol from the Windows taskbar. If the strength of the signal is not up to the mark, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make certain that the cable connections are kept safe.
- Restart your router by disconnecting it, stay for 10 seconds, and enable the printer connection with the cable again.
Steps to clear the carriage jam
A carriage jam error normally gets screened when the 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer carriage cannot slide. Make use of the steps in this HP Officejet 4630 manual to remove the carriage error.
Solution 1 : Start your HP Officejet 4630 printer again
Go through the prompts which were described below to boot up your printer again.
Step 1 : The printer need to be turned off and power it up again
The carriage reset is to be done after turning off your HP printer and then power it up again. The steps that are described below will make your printer turn off and then switch on again.
- The Power button helps you turn off your printer. Even if your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is still in ON condition, unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Stay silent for a minute.
- The cable that was unplugged before should now be plugged in.
- The power button is used to power on the HP printer.
Step 2 : Print the Status Report of your HP printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is examined by allowing the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the HP Printer needs to be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Start the printer control panel. Mouse over to the printer display and tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap on Reports by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Tap on Printer Status Report in order to print a report.
Solution two: Stuck paper need to be eradicated
A carriage block results if the paper is stuck on the slider. Make use of the prompts in order to get rid of a paper jam from the printer.
Step 1 : The loose paper from the output tray need to be emptied
If you can reach the obstructed paper from outside, then follow the procedures to take away the paper.
- The unused papers that are present in the input tray need to be discarded.
- The output tray extender should be pulled out.
- Clutch the output tray to drag them towards you to take it out.
- Slide the input tray out to its outermost position.
- All the papers present inside the input tray should be removed.
- The bunch of paper needs to be removed from the output rollers. Make use of both hands to evade from tearing of whole paper.
- You can also employ a torch light to inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remaining inside the output tray. The recurrent paper jam is caused by the paper that is getting torn inside and staying as pieces inside the 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer.
- The paper tray is pulled out, the output tray is placed and then is inserted back again.
Step 2 : The jammed paper are taken out from the input feeder tray
- The same steps which are explained for clearing the paper jams first step are to be used again.
- The jammed paper is eliminated from the printer, and then plain unused paper is inserted again into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted so that it touches the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray is replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
If you are still facing the HP Officejet 4630 troubleshooting issue while printing then proceed doing the next step.
Step 3 : Make certain that your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
Make use of the following steps to eliminate any jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer. The steps which are mentioned below will allow you to discard the paper jam from the access area and the paper path.
- Your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer should be switched on now.
- The HP Officejet 4630 ink cartridges access door should be opened.
- Allow the printer to be in an idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the rear of the printer should be taken away when your printer is on. Once it is done, the power cord from the power source should also be removed.
Remember that the USB cable connected to the printer’s rear position should also be removed.
- Remove the wedged paper with utmost care.
- Make use of a flashlight to ensure that no jammed paper remains inside the printer.
- Search for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- The paper path cover should be replaced until it fits into place.
- The HP Officejet 4630 ink cartridges door should be closed.
- Now connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to an electrical socket.
- If you connected your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be disconnected.
- The printer can be switched on now.
Step 4 : Place your HP Printer on a uniform surface:
- Firstly, the printer needs to be powered up and hold the power button for a while. The power button needs to be held for a while.
- The power cord is disconnected from the printer’s rear position by keeping your printer in ON condition, then the other end of the power cord needs to be disconnected from the power supply.
- If you make use of a USB cable to enable a network connection, it must be removed.
- Turn your printer to its right side so it can be accessed on its bottom.
- Make use of a flashlight to remove all the torn pieces have been removed from the printer.
- The hindrances that are still with your 123.hp.com/setup 4630 printer need to be discarded.
- The HP printer needs to be rotated to the vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to reconnect the cable one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s rear side.
- You need to connect the USB cable once again comma if you are provided with an USB or Ethernet connection.
- Switch on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not supposed to do the succeeding steps until you are completed with the warm-up phase.
- Once you are done with the above steps, permit your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer to print a status report to examine its functionality. In order to print a Printer Status report, you need to go through the steps which are mentioned in this document.
Solution 3 : Take out the damaged cartridges and re- install with a fresh cartridge
Improper alignment of cartridges or installation of the cartridges is the major cause for the carriage jam error. Make certain that the HP Officejet 4630 ink cartridges have been placed appropriately, then if you want to remove the ink cartridges, you need to go along with the on- screen instructions to reinstall a new cartridge. Once you are done with this, take a print of your Printer Status once again to examine whether the HP Officejet 4630 troubleshooting issues have been resolved.
Solution 4 : Attempting to enable connection with the printer directly into a wall outlet
Step 1 : Connect the printer straightly to a wall outlet
Sufficient power needs to be supplied to your printer for correct carriage sliding. Go through the on- screen prompts to enable the direct connection and print a Status Report. If the problem exists, move to the next solution.
Solution 5 : Reboot the total printer configuration
In common, rebooting your printer will discard all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset and it has only default settings. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is reset, and then you can print a Printer Status Report after rebooting the printer.