123.hp.com oj4637 Printer
Features and Specifications
The changing face of personal computing endures being reflected in new printer models. 123.HP.Com oj4637 is the first all-in-one we’ve seen billed precisely as a smartphone and tablet printer. That’s not to say it can’t print from a PC or laptop, too, but it’s adaptable enough to be able to print from most mobile devices.
- Wireless Direct print
- Duplex print
- Automatic Document Feeder
- Bitmapped mono LCD display
- Automatic duplexer
- Easy to setup
- Prints, copies scans & faxes
- Guzzles (nice) color ink
- Lacks port for USB thumb drive
The HP Officejet 4637 e-All-in-One Printer syndicates a solid set of home-office features and good output quality at a diffident price.
List of printing issues
- Cannot connect to Web services.
- Mobile print setup fails.
- Slow printing (Windows &Mac).
- Fixing copy quality issues.
- Fixing scan quality issues.
- Paper mismatch error (Windows & Mac).
- Print job stuck in print queue( Windows).
- Network scanner connection error (Windows & Mac).
- The printer is offline.
- Turning on web services
First Time 123.HP.Com Oj4637 Printer Setup
Step 1: Uncrate the printer from the box
- Eliminate the printer, tape and packing materials from the box.
- Lift the scanner lid, and then eliminate the packing tape.
- Shut the scanner lid.
- Softly grip the handles, lift the ink cartridge access door to remove all tape and packing material from inside the printer.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- Tug the paper tray door, pull it near you to extend the paper tray, and then eliminate the packing tape.
- Shove the paper tray forward till it locks into place.
Step 2: Link the power cord and set your preferences
- Link the power cord, and then plug it into a wall socket.
- Switch on the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, select the down arrow to choose the language & country, and then press OK.
Step 3: Mount paper into the input tray
- Glide the paper width guides to their farthest position.
- Load paper into the paper tray & shove the stack into the tray till it stops. Shove the input tray forward till it locks into place.
Step 4: Mount the ink cartridges
- Grip the handles on both sides of the ink cartridge access door and eliminate one of the ink cartridges from its package.
- Eliminate the plastic tape from the ink cartridge and raise the lid of the ink cartridge slot.
- Grip the ink cartridge by its edges with the nozzles near the printer, then push the ink cartridge forward.
- Shut the lid on the ink cartridge slot.
- Recap the previous steps to mount the other ink cartridge.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
Getting the Printer Claim Code
The printer claim code is an exclusive identification number that you use to add your printer to the linked service. 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer’s aids a range of optional web-connected printing services, comprising ePrint cloud printing, the Instant Ink delivery services, and Printer Apps subscription printouts.
Step 1: Monitor HP Related arrangement necessities
Before installing your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer on HP Connected, ensure the printer meets the following necessities. If the printer does not meet the necessities, the printer cannot be added to your HP Linked account.
- Through the printer setup and driver connection, you may be impelled to trigger your printer online at the HP Linked website.
- If you have an account, monitor if your printer is opted for on the Devices tab.
- If your printer exhibits, hop to what the various web linked printing services are.
- If your printer does not show, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure your printer aids in web-linked printing services.
- If your control panel of the printer does not have an icon or button, direct to the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to find the Web Services menu, liable to your printer model.
- Ensure your computer is linked to an Ethernet or wireless network with an active Internet link.
- Assure that your printer is linked to the Internet.
- If your printer is linked with a wired Ethernet connection, Monitor the cable and the beams on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light must be firm, and the orange activity light should flash when the cable is linked.
- If your printer is linked with a wireless connection, ensure that the wireless feature is switched on, and the printer is linked to the similar network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the anterior of the printer. Ensure the light is on and not irregular.
Step 2: Attain the printer claim code
Before attaining the printer claim code, you must ensure Web Services From the Embedded Web Server (EWS) permits your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer to connect firmly over the Internet with Linked printing services, like ePrint.
After you switch on Web Services, pause for the printer to print the Make the Most of Your Printer page. The data page comprises information about Web Services, and also the printer claim code. Sporadically, there is an interruption when printing the information page. If you switched on Web Services, but the page does not print, pause for 5 to 10 minutes. If it still does not print, switch off Web Services, and then power on Web Services again, to attain a new information page.
Find the printer claim code on the page, and then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Sign up or sign in to your HP Linked account and add your printer by means of the printer claim code.
- Select Sign Up to generate a new account, or Sign In for current accounts.
- Below the My Printers tab, select the Add a Printer button.
- Enter the printer claim code found on the information page, select Add, and then tap OK.
- If you generated a new HP Linked account, verify your account.
The ePrint server directs an email to the email account you used during the sign-up procedure. Access your email, and then track the on-screen instructions to finish the account confirmation. If you do not obtain a confirmation email within a few minutes, monitor your spam folder.
Setting up a New Fax
Step one: Ensure that the hardware has been fully arranged before you link your fax service.
Step two: Categorize the type of telephone system you custom
Liable to your country/region, you have either a parallel or serial telephone system. The guides/ instructions for fax setup vary depending on which one you have a parallel or serial phone system.
Step three: Install the fax
Use the phone cord and any adapters that came in the box with your printer to link the printer to the phone jack. Else, you may not be able to fax.
Choose the Plus sign and then monitor the steps to install your fax.
Parallel phone system
Step four: Fix the fax volume
Follow the steps below to fix the volume of the fax ringer.
- Select the Home button from the control panel of the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer to access the main menu.
- Keep scrolling the down arrow until you set the below mentioned options on your fax-enabled printer.
- Choose Fax–> Click OK, similarly choose setting–>OK, Ring settings–>OK, Fax sound volume–>OK.
- Set the fax volume to Soft, Loud or Off by scrolling the down arrow again and then choose OK.
- Click the Home button to arrive at the main display.
Step five: Install the fax header
From the control panel of the 123 HP Officejet 4637 printer choose the following options:
- Select the Home button to display the main menu.
- Scroll the Down arrow to select the following settings:
- Choose Fax–>Select OK, Settings–>OK and Fax Header–>OK.
- Enter your name or company name in Enter name: field, and then choose OK.
- Enter your fax number in the Enter number: field, and then choose OK.
- Select the Home button to arrive at the main menu.
Step six: Run/start/perform a fax test
- On the Home screen, select the Down Arrow to Fax, and then select OK.
- Choose the Down Arrow to scroll to Settings, and then select OK.
- Select Advanced Settings, and then choose OK.
- Choose Fax Reports, and then select OK.
- If essential, press the Down Arrow to roll to Fax Test Report, and then select OK.
- Appraise the report.
- If the report specifies that the printer cleared the test, the printer is prepared to send and receive faxes.
- If the report designates that the printer was unsuccessful in the test, evaluate the report for more information about setting the problem. Double-click to edit…
Cannot Connect to Web Services
The printer does not link to Web Services, and your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer or computer exhibits one of the below error messages:
- Server Connection Error. There was a difficulty in linking to the server. Select retry, or OK to exit.
- Server Connection Error. Check Internet access and attempt again.
- Web Services Problem. Issues linking to Web Services server.
Use the steps below in this document to troubleshoot Web Services connection problems.
Step 1: Ensure your printer aids Web Services
Ensure your printer aids Web Services by checking for an ePrint logo, button, or icon on the printer’s control panel.
Step 2: Monitor the network and printer linking status
- Ensure the printer is not linked with a USB cable.
- If you are using a wireless router, monitor your router’s documents or support website to ensure it meets the following necessities:
- Monitor the router band: Many routers can function in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. If the router broadcasts discrete network names (SSIDs) for each band, link the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID. If the printer supports 5.0 GHz, link it to the 5.0 GHz band SSID.
- Bonjour support (Mac only): Linking with Bonjour is the best way to locate the printer and support wireless printing.
- Ensure that your printer is not linked to a guest or host network, such as those networks found in schools, hotels, or home networks that permit guest logins.
- Check if the printer is linked to the network.
- Wireless network connection: On the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer, access the Wireless Network or Settings menu to ensure that the wireless feature is switched on, and then ensure that the Wireless icon light is solid and blue.
If the wireless light is blue and flashes, place the computer and printer closer to the router. Relink the printer to your network, and then ensure that the wireless light is blue and solid.
- Wired (Ethernet) network connection: Monitor that the cable is linked to the HP Officejet 4637 printer’s Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be firm, and the orange activity light should flicker when the cable is linked.
- On your computer, select the network icon to see the network name and status of the connection.
- If the selected network is not yours, you must relink to your own network before switching on Web Services.
- If the network signal strength is weak, place the computer and printer nearer to the router.
- If the network status is not linked, ratify that your network is working correctly, and then monitor the status again. Make sure a check mark or connected status exhibits next to the network name.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services.
Step 3: Switch on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Print a Network Configuration Page.
- Printers with LCD and text-based control panels: Click on Wireless, Network Settings or Setup menu.
- Printers with basic control panels (buttons only): Print the page by means of the button combinations on the printer’s control panel.
- For detailed commands to print a Network Configuration Page, enter your printer model, and then browse for the document ‘print a self-test page.
- On the Network Configuration Page, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address.
- On your computer, Click on the Internet browser.
- Enter the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then select Enter.
- If a website security certificate exhibits in the Internet browser, choose Continue.
- On the EWS webpage, select the Web Services tab.
- On the Web Services Setup page, select Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then track the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Monitor the Internet proxy server settings
- Find the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Look in Windows for Internet, and then select Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, select the Connections tab, choose your network, if required, and then choose Settings.
- The network settings menu exhibits with the proxy settings.
- Mac: Click System Preferences, and then select Network. On the Network window, tap Advanced, choose the Proxies tab, and then tap your proxy, if needed.
- Note down the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection.
- Click the Web Services tab, and then select Proxy Settings.
- Enter the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then select Apply.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services.
- If the above steps does not resolve your issue, then try to reboot your computer, printer and router; try enabling the web services. If the issue prevails, proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Upgrade the printer firmware
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and linked to the computer, either over your local network or a USB cable.
- Choose your operating system if required.
- Select Firmware, and then choose Download.
- If a Firmware section is not opted for, an upgrade is not presently available for your printer.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), choose Next, and then select Install now.
- When the 123.HP.Com oj4637 Printer Update window exhibits, see if the printer serial number shows.
- If the serial number exhibits, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- If the serial number shows but the status is ‘not applicable’ (grayed out), you do not need to finish the firmware update. Select Cancel.
- If the serial number does not display and your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer uses a network connection, link a USB cable to the printer and computer, pause for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh. When the serial number exhibits, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- When the update finishes, select OK.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services.
Step 6: Upgrade the router firmware
Outdated router firmware might disturb performance, security, or stop the router from accessing the Internet.
- Access an Internet browser, enter the router’s IP address in the browser address bar, and then select Enter.
- Find the option to upgrade the firmware. Click on Administration, Utilities, Tools, or Maintenance menu.
- If the router firmware is outdated, track the on-screen instructions to upgrade the firmware, and then attempt to link to Web Services.
- Examine your product if you completed all prior steps.
Mobile Printer Setup Fails (Android)
If you use the 123.HP.Com oj4637 All-in-One Printer Remote app on your Android device to fix your printer on your wireless or wired network but cannot finish the setup, use the steps below in this document to troubleshoot problems that can cause wireless printer setup issues.
Step 1: Revive list of printers in AiO Remote app
- On the AiO Remote app home screen, touch the printer icon to exhibit the printer list.
- Select the Refresh icon.
- If your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer is registered, printer setup is finished. You do not need to proceed troubleshooting.
If your printer is not recorded, switch off your printer, pause for 60 seconds, and then switch on your printer. After your printer is idle and silent, access the AiO Remote app on your Android device, and then select the printer list again.
Step 2: Monitor network and printer status
- Confirm that the mobile device is linked to the network: On your mobile device, access the Wi-Fi settings and ensure your mobile device is linked to the wireless network you want to link the printer to.
- Confirm that the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer is prepared for the network setup: Choose your connection type.
- Wireless network connection: On the printer, assure that the light is either on and stable, or flashing. If the wireless light is not on or flashing, switch on the Wireless button, or access the Wireless network or Settings menu to ensure that the wireless signal is switched on.
- Wired network connection: Monitor that the cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port and to an accessible port on the router.
- Monitor the router band: Many routers can work in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. Ensure the 2.4 GHz router band is allowed and broadcasting.
- Switch off the smart network switch on Samsung devices: Ensure that the Smart network switch option is switched off in the Wi-Fi settings or Advanced option.
- Confirm the printer is not in energy saving or sleep mode: Ensure that the printer is switched on and prepared for wireless printer setup
- Turn off nearby printers: If you have multiple wireless printers in the area, switching them off might decrease wireless signal noise during setup.
Step 3: Fix up your printer with the AiO Remote app again
On the AiO Remote app home screen, click the printer icon to view the printer option.
- If your printer is listed with HP-Setup > [your printer model series] below the printer listed, touch your printer, and then monitor the on-screen reminders to set up your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, select My printer is not listed, tap Help Set Up a New Printer, and then track the on-screen reminders to set up your printer.
Step 4: Connect your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer to the network (wireless connections only)
Attempt linking the printer to your network so that, the AiO Remote app can locate the printer. Choose the printer control display type for your printer.
Wireless printers with a touch control panel display
Most printers with a touch or text direction control panel have a Wireless Setup Wizard tool obtainable through the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu. Use the directed tool choose your network name& password.
If the network name (SSID) or password is concealed, manually enter each on the printer to link. Network names and passwords are case-sensitive.
- Separate any USB or Ethernet cables from the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard, then track the on-screen instructions to link the printer to your network.
- If the printer connects to the network, access the AiO Remote app, select the printer icon to revive the printer list, choose your printer from the option, and then track the on-screen orders.
Wireless printers without a control panel display
- On the printer’s control panel, touch and hold the Wireless button for two or more seconds, and then free the button when the wireless light starts flashing.
- Within two minutes, click and hold the WPS button on your wireless router for up to 5 seconds, liable to your router.
- Wait for two minutes until the printer self-starts & establishes a network linking with the wireless network.
- If the 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer connects to the network, access the AiO Remote app, click the printer icon to revive the printer list, choose your printer from the list, and then track the on-screen commands.
Setup and Print using Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a free, protected, over the web printing service through which you will be able to print any wanted document or photo, provided the mobile device and your HP Printer is linked over the same network.
Step 1: Sign up your HP OJ 4637 Printer with Google Cloud Print
Use the Chrome browser on your computer or Chromebook to list your HP printer with Google Cloud Print.
- Make sure you have the following items before you record the Google Cloud Print Ready Printer:
- Your computer should have the competence to run Chrome, Linux, Windows XP or newer, OS X v10.7 or newer and Mac OS or Chromebook.
- The Google chrome web browser must be connected to your Mac or Windows computer.
- You should have a registered Google account.
- A Google Cloud Print ready printer must be linked to the same network as your computer with a live Internet connection.
- Switch on your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer.
- Access the Google Chrome web browser, and then sign in to your Google account.
- Choose the Chrome menu icon at the right corner of your computer screen, and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the Settings window that is exhibited on the screen, scroll down to choose Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down the page and seek for Google Cloud Print, and then select the Manage option.
- Google Cloud Print identifies the HP printers that are present on the network.
- If your 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer is registered under New devices, you will have to register your HP Printer. Choose Register, and then select Register once again to monitor and print a confirmation page. For certain printers, you will be impelled to finish the registration directly from the printer’s control panel.
- If your HP printer is previously registered with Google Cloud Print, your printer will be opted for under my devices. Choose the Manage option to seek your Google Cloud Print printer that is registered.
- If your printer is not listed under My devices or New devices, confirm whether your printer is linked to the network or attempt to link with your printer’s email address.
Step 2: Produce print outputs from your computer or mobile device
Printing documents, images, email and web pages can be done straight from your computer or mobile device by means of Google Cloud Print.
Print a document or photo saved on your Chromebook or computer
- Log in to your Google account using your Google chrome web browser.
- Scroll to Google cloud Print Jobs.
- To print a document, choose Print, select Upload file and then choose select a file from my computer.
- Select the document that you want to print, and then choose Open.
- Select your Printer from the Google Cloud Print window, and then choose Print.
- If required, alter the print settings, and then choose Print again.
Print an email or web page from your Windows or Mac computer
- Log in to your Google account by means of your Google chrome web browser.
- Access the email or webpage which you want to print from your computer.
- Choose the Chrome menu icon, and then select Print from the drop-down list of menu that exhibits the Print window.
- From the Print window Destination, select the Change option as Printer under Google Cloud Print.
- In the Print window, alter the print settings you want, and then choose Print.
Print a document, email, image or web page from your Android device (Version 4.4 and newer)
- Browse, Download and Install Cloud Print from Google Play Store of your mobile device.
- Access the Settings page, then choose the option more networks or more settings and then click Printing.
- Access the saved document or image, or open an email or webpage, and then choose the menu icon to print using Google cloud print; select Print and then tap Google Print.
To Print an email from the Gmail app on your iPad or iPhone
- Gmail app is available default on your mobile device. Tap on the Gmail app to open it.
- Access your mail inbox, on your iPad or iPhone.
- Click the email that you want to print using the Gmail app.
- Choose the menu icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Click Print, and then choose your Google Cloud Print ready 123.HP.Com oj4637 printer.
- If mandatory, alter the print settings in the Google Cloud Print window, and then choose Print.