HP OFFICEJET 5746 PRINTER SETUP
- Text quality is more than enough for home and home office purposes. They look like fully professional after printing.
- The photo paper tray holds up to 15 sheets of paper and the input feeder tray holds up to 125 sheets of paper for light-duty printing.
- It has a 68mm touchscreen It has a very clean design. You need to give a firm impression on your touch because the screen is not as sensitive as other printers.
- The USB and SD card slots are behind the pivoted circulated cover. This gives a well-ordered and panache highlight.
- 123.HP.Com oj5746 all-in-One printer which can print, scan, copy and fax.
- Print from smartphones, tablets.
- Measures 7.6 * 17.9 * 16.1 (in cm/mm/what?)
- Compact in design.
- Self-programmed duplexer.
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct enabled.
- Prints via the cloud.
- Added with IRIS OCR.
- Touch sensitivity is not up to its mark.
- NFC support is greatly restricted.
- Print speed is low.
- Low-quality prints for photos.
Use this printer if you require text prints of good quality at swift speeds. Not only is this printer small in size, it offers multiple connectivity options. This makes it the perfect printer for moderate use at home and home offices.
123.HP.Com Oj5746 Wired Setup for Windows
Set up the printer on a wired (Ethernet) network
It is obligatory to have an Ethernet cable in order to establish a successful connection over a wired network for 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer installation. Rather than this, you need to have a functioning network and download the complete featured printer driver from our website.
Step 1 : The requirements are inspected
Prior to driver installation, make certain that you are provided with a working network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Make certain that you have a network router, switch, or hub with required number of Ethernet ports.
- Your computer needs to be connected to the router, switch, or if a connection has not already been enabled.
- Attain an Ethernet cable. A telephone cable should not be used.
- An Ethernet cable is to be used. It will be wide and has eight wires
- The Telephone cable is not to be used. It will be narrow and consists of two to six wires
Step 2 : Your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer is connected to the network
Make use of the furnished steps to initiate the connection between your printer and the network using an Ethernet cable.
- Power up your Officejet 5746 printer.
- Take off any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the hind side of the printer.
- One end of the Ethernet cable is plugged into the printer port and then the other end of the cable is plugged into an unoccupied port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 3 : The software is installed after downloading
The upgraded Mac print driver for your printer can be downloaded from our website. When you are suggested to choose a connection type,Wired network
- Your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer should be powered up.
- Unlink the USB cable that is connected to your printer and the computer.
- Navigate on our Web page, and click the Software and Downloads to download the software for your printer.
- At the time you are requested to choose a technique to identify your printer model, choose it and then make use of the on-screen prompts to direct to the Downloads page.
- Tap Download which is provided near the full feature driver (optional), or tap Basic Drivers for alternate printer driver options.
Wired Setup for Mac System
It is necessitated to pick a connection type. After choosing a connection type, guidelines for how to establish set up between your HP Officejet 5746 printer and Mac computer over a wired or wireless connection will be given in detail. Make use of it and enable the connection.
Prep up your printer to connect to a Wired (Ethernet) network
To make your printer installation an efficacious one, it is mandatory to have an Ethernet cable, a functioning network, and the full feature driver from our website.
Step 1 : The requirements are inspected
Initially, make certain that you have a working network router and an Ethernet cable, then install the printer driver.
- Confirm that you have a network router, switch, or hub handy with a requisite number of Ethernet ports.
- Your computer needs to be linked to the router, switch, or hub if it is not connected already.
- Get an Ethernet cable. You should not use telephone cable.
- Employ the Ethernet cable. It is designed in a wide manner and consists up to 8 wires.
- For sure a Telephone cable should not be used. It is designed in a narrow shape and consists of two to six wires.
Step 2 : Your printer is connected to the network
Make use of the subsequent steps in order to connect the printer to your network using a wired (Ethernet) cable.
- Power up the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer.
- All plug or protective cover should be unplugged from the Ethernet port on the hind side of the printer.
- The Ethernet cable should be connected to the printer port, and then the other end should be plugged into an accessible port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 3 Run the software once it’s downloaded
The latest printer driver for Mac can be downloaded from our website. When requested, prefer a Wired network connection type.
- Your Officejet 5746 printer should now be powered up.
- Using a USB cable if you have enabled the connection between your printer and computer, then unplug the cable from the computer.
- Directly go to the Customer care support site for Software and Driver downloads.
- You need to select a technique to find the model of your HP 5746 printer, then go through the on-screen prompts to get directed to the downloads page.
- Tap Download that is laid next to HP Easy Start or followed by the full feature driver, based on the option that gets screened.
- The Downloads folder is accessed, the HP Easy Start file should be or the full feature driver .dmg file to start the installation process.
- Go through the on-screen directions to get your printer prepared for the wired connection and install the software.
- When requested by the installer, tap Add Printer to generate a print queue on the Mac.
- The Add window gets accessed.
- Your printer name should be selected, tap the Use or Print Using menu, in the pull-down menu, you can choose your printer name and then tap
- Revert to the HP installer to finish the installation.
HP OFFICEJET 5746 USB Setup
USB Printer Setup for Windows
Here are the instructions that are used to setup the printer via a USB connection for computers that operate on Windows. Make sure that your Windows computer is installed with the complete featured HP printer driver to obtain the most supported features from a USB cable connected printer.
Step 1 : Put in together the required items at the time of printer setup
Affirm that you have all the essential items/articles prior to initiating the setup process and follow the succeeding instructions.
- The below-stated articles are must-haves or prerequisites to initiating the setup.
- Your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer is powered up and your Officejet is prepped for installation.
- You are supposed to connect a cable whose length is not more than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- Your Officejet printer may encounter an error if it is not plugged in directly to an electrical outlet.
- All the cables that are connected to your printer need to be disconnected. The required prompts are used to prep up your printer for setup.
- you are directed to connect the cables, plug them in.
- The Windows search tab should be opened, then index in with devices in the appropriate tab, and then select Devices and Printers control panel settings from the available list.
- Right-click on the printer symbol to reject the devices that are connected to your printer. Subsequently, tap the Remove Device option.
- The printers other than your Officejet 5746 printer which are connected at this time need to be eliminated.
- Go ahead with the succeeding steps when the Devices and Printers window has been shut down.
Step 2 : The printer should be arranged for installation after downloading the appropriate driver
You need to install the updated version of the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer driver on your computer in order to perform the required functionalities.Browse for the current upgraded version of the driver and continue with the prompts to complete the installation process.Based on the type of your printer, your computer starts downloading the HP Easy Start app.
- HP Easy Start app will be downloaded on your computer depending on the model of your printer.
- After the HP Easy Start app or driver gets downloaded, go through the on- screen prompts to open the downloaded file and begin to prep your printer. Select the connection type as USB when you are instructed to select one. It is not essential to make use of the succeeding steps in this section if the printer configuration has been finished.
- If the download is unsuccessful or your printer is not listed, go through the instructions.
- Once the installation is over, commence to print/ scan/ copy as your wish.
USB Setup for Mac
- Make use of the preceding instructions which were described for Windows computer.
- The Installation screen is to be accessed, make sure that the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected. If your printer comes with a scanner, you can activate the full scan functionality by selecting this.
- When you are instructed by the installer, tap on the Add 123.HP.Com Oj5746 Printer option to frame a new print queue on the Mac computer.
- When the Add window gets started, you can browse for and select your printer name and then proceed to the Use or Print Using menu, pick the name of your printer from the exhibited list, and then do a tap on Add options.
- Return to the HP installer again to finish the installation process.
- Depending on your preference among the printer’s functionality, attempt to print, scan or fax.
Slow Printing for Windows
When your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer print speed is slower than the predicted speed, or if it does not satisfy the speeds that are mentioned in the printer specification, then follow the steps listed below.
Step 1 : Boot up your printer
- Power up your 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer.
- Stay until the printer is silent and stationary.
- Keeping your printer switched on. Disconnect the power cord.
- The power cord should now be disconnected from the wall outlet.
- Stay for at least for 60 seconds.
- The power cord should now be connected back into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power on your printer, in case, if it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets over and the printer remains silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Attempt to print a sample document. If the issue persists then perform the next step.
Step 2 : Examine the printer driver settings
The printer driver settings need to be examined.Selecting specific paper types or printing in best quality can slow down your print speed.
Your document can be printed on plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for quicker print speeds.
- Browse for your Printer below Windows, and then choose Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- The printer symbol should be double-clicked.
- Set Preferences is to be double-clicked.
- The paper type info needs to be recognized.
- Below the Paper type area, make certain that Plain paper is chosen.
- Under the Quality Settings area, confirm that Draft or Normal is
- Choose Ok or Apply to ratify the changes that are done, shut down the printer driver window, and then shut down the Devices and Printers screen.
- Attempt to print a document. If you are still facing the problem, then directly perform the next step.
Step 3 : Steps for installing the printer driver
- If the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer is connected to the system via a USB cable, then disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Browse for programs and features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the provided listed results.
- The list of installed programs will be displayed, from the list, pick the name of your printer, and then choose Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- The system is to be reset.
Step 4 : Install your printer driver software again
When you are done with the uninstallation process of your printer driver, navigate directly to our website, and then make use of the prompts to download and install the updated printer driver.
Attempt to print a sample document. If your HP Officejet 5746 printer is still causing problem, then go to the next step.
Step 5 : Updating the printer driver firmware
Firmware updates can be obtained and downloaded from our website.
- Ensure that the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer is powered up and plugged into the system, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Look at our website, choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then index in with your printer model number.
- Select the operating system, if needed.
- Pick your Firmware, and then click Download.
If you cannot find the firmware section list, then a firmware upgrade is not available for your printer model.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant, pick Next, and then tap on install now.
- If the serial number is not listed and then choose Update.
- If you can see the serial number on the list but the status is not applicable, then there is no need to upgrade your printer firmware. Choose Cancel.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and your printer is functioning by using a network connection, link your printer with a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds, and then pick
- When you are done with your updates, choose
- If you are connecting a USB cable to the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was included in
- Browse for Devices and Printers in Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Right-click the USB printer device that corresponds to your printer model and then click Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable and then reboot the system.
Attempt to print a sample document. If you are still facing the problem, then proceed to do the next step.
Step 6 : The network status is examined
If your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer is connected to a wired or wireless network, there are numerous tips and procedures which can help correct your slow printing issues.
- You need to examine the strength of the wireless signal in your system, by choosing the wireless connection symbol from the Windows taskbar. If the strength of the signal is not up to the mark, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make certain that the cable connections are tight.
- Restart your router by disconnecting it, stay for 10 seconds, and enable the printer connection with the cable again.
Steps to clear the carriage jam
This document gives you a detailed description on how to clear a carriage jam.
A carriage jam error normally gets screened if the printer carriage cannot slide. Make use of the steps in this manual to remove the carriage jam.
Solution 1 : Start your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer again
Step 1 : The printer need to be turned off and power it up again
A carriage reset is to be done after turning off your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer and then power it up again. The steps that are described below will make your printer turn off and then switch on again.
- Pressing the Power button turns off your HP 5746 printer. Even if your printer is still in ON condition, unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Stay silent for a minute.
- The cable that was unplugged before needs to be plugged in again.
- Pressing the Power button turns off your printer.
Step 2 : Print the Status Report of your HP printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer can be examined by allowing the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the HP oj5746 Printer needs to be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Navigate using the printer’s control panel. Mouse over to the printer display and tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap on Reports, by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Tap on Printer Status Report in order to print a report.
Solution two : Stuck paper need to be eradicated
A carriage block results if the paper is stuck on the slider. Make use of the prompts in order to get rid of a paper jam from the printer.
Step 1 : The loose paper from the output tray need to be emptied
If you can reach the obstructed paper from outside, then follow the procedures below to take away the paper.
- The unused papers that are present in the input tray need to be discarded.
- The output tray extender is pulled out.
- Clutch the output tray to drag it towards you to take it out.
- Slide the input tray out to its outermost position.
- All the papers present inside the input tray should be removed.
- The bunch of papers need to be removed from the output rollers. Make use of both hands to evade from tearing of whole paper.
- You can also employ a torch light to inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remaining inside the output tray. Recurrent paper jam is the cause of papers that get torn inside and stay as pieces inside the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer.
- The paper tray need to be pulled out, the output tray should be placed and then insert it back again.
Step 2 : The jammed paper are taken out from the input feeder tray
- Follow the first step of how to clear paper jam, mentioned above to help resolve your error.
- The jammed paper should be eliminated from the 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer, and then the plain unused paper should be inserted into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted so that it touches the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray is replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
If you are still facing the issue while printing, then proceed doing with the next step.
Step 3 : Make certain that your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
Make use of the following steps to eliminate any jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer. The steps which are mentioned below will allow you to discard the paper jam from the access area and the paper path.
- Your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer should be switched on now.
- The HP printer’s ink cartridge access door should be opened.
- Allow the printer to be in an idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the rear of the printer should be taken away when your printer is on. Once it is done, the power cord from the power source should also be removed.
Remember that the USB cable connected to the printer’s rear position should be removed.
- Remove the wedged paper with utmost care.
- Make use of a flashlight to ensure that no jammed paper remains inside the printer.
- Search for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- The paper path cover should be replaced until it fits into place.
- The ink cartridge door should be closed.
- Now connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer, and the other end to an electrical socket.
- If you connect your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be disconnected.
- The printer can be switched on now.
Step 4 : Place your HP Printer on a uniform surface
- Firstly, the printer needs to be powered up and the power button needs to be held for a while.
- The power cord should be disconnected from the printer’s rear position by keeping your printer in ON condition the other end of the power cord needs to be disconnected from the power supply.
- If you make use of a USB cable to enable a network connection, it must be removed.
- Turn your printer to its right side so it can be accessed on its bottom.
- Make use of a flashlight to make certain that all the torn pieces have been removed from the printer.
- The hindrances which remain with your printer need to be discarded.
- The 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer needs to be rotated to the vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to reconnect the cables one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s rear side.
- You need to connect the USB cable once again, if you are provided with an USB or Ethernet connection.
- Switch on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not supposed do the succeeding steps until the warm-up phase is completed.
- Once you are done with the above steps, permit your HP Officejet 5746 printer to print a status report to examine its functionality. In order to print a Printer Status report, you need to go through the steps which are mentioned already in this document.
Solution 3 : Take out the damaged cartridges and re- install with a fresh cartridge
Improper alignment of cartridges or installation of the cartridges is the major cause for the carriage jam error. Make certain that the ink cartridges have been placed appropriately, then if you want to remove the ink cartridge.
You need to go along with the on- screen instructions and then by following the instructions re- install a new cartridge.
Once you are done with this, take a print of your 123 HP oj5746 Printer Status once again to examine whether the issues have been resolved.
Solution 4 : Attempting to enable connection with the printer directly into a wall outlet
Step 1 : Connect the printer straightly to a wall outlet
Sufficient power needs to be supplied to your printer for correct carriage sliding. Go through the on- screen prompts to enable the direct connection and print a Status Report. If the problem exists, move to the next solution.
Solution 5 : Reboot the total printer configuration
In common, rebooting your 123.HP.Com Oj5746 printer will discard all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset and it retains only default settings. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your printer reset, and then you can print a Printer Status Report after rebooting the printer.