HP OFFICEJET 6500a PRINTER SETUP
The AIO printer is ideal for small offices that produce vivid color graphics and sharp text documents at an affordable price. You can reduce the amount of paper use with feature such as automatic two-sided printing. It includes features such as print, fax, copy and scan.
- It has an input tray with a capacity up to 150 sheets and an output tray with a capacity up to 100 sheets.
- HP Officejet 6500A printer has a 35-page Automatic Document Feeder.
- It has a print speed up to 15ppm for black and up to 11 ppm for color.
- Connect the printer to either a wireless network or a USB cable.
- It has a monthly duty cycle up to 7000 pages.
- Both Mac and Windows systems are compatible with HP Officejet 6500A printer.
- It includes features such as scan to memory card, scan to e-mail for PDF and JPEG and scan to PC and network folder.
The foremost step is to obtain an Ethernet cable to establish a successful connection over a wired network. The prompts to setup the network on your Windows or Mac are given here.
Step 1: To meet the requirements
- It is advisable to check if you have a network router, switch, or hub with a required number of Ethernet ports.
- Obtain an Ethernet cable. It is not advisable to use a telephone cable.
- Now, proceed to the next step to form the connection.
Step 2: To connect HP OJ6500a printer to the network
- Turn on your Officejet 6500a printer. Make sure that you remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear side of the printer.
- Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port and the other end of the cable to an unoccupied port on the network router, switch or hub.
Step 3: To install the software
- Download an updated printer driver for your PC and then when prompted to select a connection type, choose Wired network as the option.
- Choose your printer model and then follow the guidelines on the screen to complete the setup.
Step 1: To inspect the requirements
- Once you verify that you have a working network router and an Ethernet cable, install the printer driver.
- Make sure that you connect the computer to the router, switch or hub if it is not connected already.
- Ensure that you get an Ethernet cable. Do not use telephone cable.
Step 2: To connect the printer to the wired network
- Power on your printer, then remove the protective cover from the Ethernet port on the hind side of the printer.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port and the other end to an accessible port on the network router, switch or hub.
Step 3: To run the downloaded software
- Download the latest printer driver for Mac, then power on the printer and then unplug the USB cable from the computer if any.
- Select a technique to find your printer model and then go through the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
USB Printer Setup
Here are the instructions that are used to setup the printer via a USB connection for computers that operate on Windows. Make sure that your Windows computer is installed with the complete featured HP printer driver to obtain the most supported features from a USB cable connected printer.
Step 1: To check the requirements for the printer setup
- Check if your HP OJ 6500a printer is on and then obtain a cable of length not more than 3 m.
- Note that your printer may encounter an error if it is not plugged in directly to an electrical outlet.
- Disconnect the cables that are connected to your printer. Now, open the Windows Search tab and then select Devices and Printers option.
- Make sure that you remove all the other printers except Officejet 6500a printer.
Step 2: To set up the printer for installation after downloading the driver
- Make sure that you install the updated version of the driver on your computer.
- Based on your printer model, the computer may start downloading the HP Easy Start app.
- Select the connection type as USB and then follow the prompts that appear to complete the process.
Step 1: To verify the requirements
- Make sure that your printer is on and then obtain a cable of length not more than 3 m.
- Unplug the cables that are connected to your printer.
- Proceed to the next step to complete the setup.
Step 2: To form the connections
- Make sure that you select HP Scan or HP Easy Scan and then when prompted by the installer, tap on the Add Printer option to frame a new print queue on the Mac computer.
- Now, choose your printer name, then proceed to the Use or Print Using menu, and then return to the HP installer again to finish the installation process.
- Based on your print job, attempt to print, copy, scan or fax.
Are you worried about the frequent carriage jam and slow printing issues? The troubleshooting solutions provided below may assist you to fix the issues instantly.
Slow Printing for Windows
In few cases, you may find that the print speeds are slower than expected or they do not meet the basic speed as per the printer specifications. Go through the steps given below to fix the issue.
Step 1: To reset the printer and check the driver settings
- Reset the printer and then wait until the warm-up period completes.
- If the issue persists, make sure that you check the printer driver settings.
- It is advisable to print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.
Step 2: To uninstall the printer driver
- Make sure that you remove the printer driver and software using the Uninstall a program tool in Windows Programs and Features.
- Ensure that you uninstall the printer driver to install the latest driver version.
- Click Programs and Features –> your HP printer model –> Uninstall or Yes.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the software removal.
Step 3: To reinstall the driver and update the firmware
- Once you uninstall the printer driver, make sure that you download and install the latest driver.
- If the issue persists, it is advisable to update the printer firmware. Select your printer model –> Operating system –> Firmware –> Download.
Step 4: To check the network status
- Make sure that you check the wireless signal strength by clicking the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar.
- Remove the additional strains on your network, then ensure that the cable connections are secure and then try restarting your router.
Clear the carriage jam
Are you facing a carriage jam error? Do not panic. You can go through the steps given below to remove the carriage jam from your Officejet printer.
Step 1: To turn off and then power on the printer again
- Make sure that you perform a carriage reset. This can be done by turning off your printer and then turning it on again.
- Make sure that you examine the hardware functionality of your printer by allowing it to print a Printer Status Report.
Step 2: To remove the jammed paper
- Make sure that you remove the unused papers from the input tray.
- Ensure that you do not tear the paper. Use a flashlight to check if there are any torn pieces of paper remaining inside the output tray.
- It is advisable to check if your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
- Ensure that you place your HP Printer on a uniform surface.
Step 3: To replace the damaged cartridges
- Note that improper alignment or installation of the cartridges is the major cause of the carriage jam error.
- It is advisable to check if the ink cartridges are placed properly.
- If the issue persists, try to connect the printer directly to a wall outlet.