123.hp.com/oj6815 all in one printer support
If you want to equip your office with an efficient inkjet printer that does not compromise on quality, the ideal choice for you would be the HP Officejet 6815 printer.
HP Officejet 6815 is a multi-function printer that allows you to print, scan, copy and fax documents and photos. This HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer also has other features like HP ePrint, etc.
The HP Officejet 6815 printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology to print documents and photos. The average monthly volume of this printer is around 500 pages.
This 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer is bundled along with four ink cartridges – a black cartridge, a cyan cartridge, a magenta cartridge and a yellow cartridge that enables printing in color and mono.
The print speed of HP Officejet 6815 is as high as 29 pages per minute for mono documents and 24 pages per minute for color documents. One of the efficient printers.
The HP Officejet 6815 printer does not compromise on quality. The print resolution of this printer is up to 600 X 1200 dpi for mono and color documents.
This printer supports wired and wireless connectivity. It is compatible with various features such as Auto Wireless Connect, Wireless Direct Printing, etc.
HP Officejet 6815 Wireless Setup
- Before beginning the HP Officejet 6815 wireless setup process, you need to collect a few necessary information such as the name and password of the wireless network.
- Plug one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to an electrical surge or power surge. Connect the other end to the HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer’s rear.
- Press the power button on the 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer to switch it on. Wait for the printer to settle down. Disconnect all the USB and LAN cables or wires from the printer.
- Switch on your router and wait for the network to stabilize. Turn on the computer and connect it to the same network to which you will connect your printer.
- If you have established a connection between your printer and computer using a cable, disconnect it. Make sure that you remove the device from the computer.
- You will find a small Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel, tap on it. Open the Wireless Setup menu and navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Click on the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Follow the prompted on-screen commands and select the name of your wireless network to connect your HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer to the network.
- If you don’t see the name of your network, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Key in the details of your network and tap on the OK option to save it.
- Make sure that you don’t connect your HP Officejet 6815 printer or computer to a guest network. You cannot access the features of the printer over the guest network.
- You need to download the latest updated HP Officejet 6815 printer driver. Enter our website and search for the driver. Choose your OS version and download the HP 6815 driver.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it. Choose Wireless as the connection type and connect your 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer to your computer.
HP Officejet 6815 Driver And HP 6815 Manual Download
Step 1: You need to install the HP 6815 driver and software on your computer to connect your printer to the computer and access the features of the printer from the computer.
Step 2: You can use the installer CD that you received along with the printer to install the printer driver on your computer. This is one of the HP Officejet 6815 printer accessories.
Step 3: Insert the CD into your computer and run it. Follow the prompted instructions and select the desired connection type. The printer driver will be installed on your computer.
Step 4: The only downside of using the installer CD is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with the latest Operating System version of your computer.
Step 5: As an alternative, you can download the HP 6815 driver from our website. Enter the URL of our website in your computer’s browser and press the Return key.
Step 6: Once the page loads, search for the Driver Download section. Type in the model number of your 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer in the provided space. Tap on the Begin option.
Step 7: On the succeeding screen, you will be prompted to select the Operating System version of your computer. From the given list, select your computer’s OS version.
Step 8: Make sure that you choose the correct version of OS. If you choose the wrong version, you will download the wrong printer driver and you cannot install it.
Step 9: From the list of available printer drivers to download, select the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic HP 6815 driver.
Step 10: Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions. Select the connection type and connect your HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer to your computer.
Step 11: You will find the HP 6815 Manual Download section on our website. Enter the model number of your printer and tap on the Begin option to download the HP 6815 Manual.
HP Officejet 6815 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Make sure that you regularly check the estimated level of ink in your HP Officejet 6815 printer. If the level is too low or if the ink cartridge exhaust, you need to replace it.
- Do not refill the ink cartridge. If you use non-authentic HP ink, it will lead to print quality issues. It might also affect the hardware of the HP Officejet 6815 printer.
- Press the power button on the printer to switch it on. The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for the 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer to complete the warm-up process and settle down.
- Clasp the handles of the printer on either side and raise the ink cartridge access door. The ink carriage will move to the center. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Slightly press the ink cartridge tab and pull it out from the slot. Take the new ink cartridge out from the package and remove the packing materials on it.
- Pull the orange tab on the ink cartridge to remove the packing tapes and packing materials on it. Check the sides and remove it all.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides. Touch only the black plastic part of it. If you touch the copper-colored contacts, it will lead to ink clogs and other issues.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle. With the nozzle of the ink cartridge facing the printer, insert the ink cartridge into the HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer.
- Push the ink cartridge in until it fits into position. The black ink cartridge goes into the slot on the right and the tri-color ink cartridge goes into the slot on left.
- Repeat the steps to install more ink cartridges. Close the ink cartridge access door of the printer. The printer will automatically align the ink cartridges and print the alignment page.
HP Officejet 6815 Scanning From Control Panel
- With the HP Officejet 6815 all-in-one printer, you can print, copy and scan documents and photos. This printer allows you to scan documents and photos at high-resolution.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the electrical outlet. Ensure that you do not connect it to an electrical surge or power surge.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button on it. The HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer will undergo a preparation process. Wait for the printer to complete it and settle down.
- Check if the connection between your 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer and your computer is secure. If you are scanning a document or photo to the computer, the connection needs to be secure.
- If you are using a USB cable connection, make sure that you use an authentic USB cable. Connect the USB cable directly to the computer and not to a USB dock or hub.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable connection, check if the network is stable. Insert the cable into the slot and push it in until the cable fits into position.
- If you are using a wireless connection, check the stability of the network. Ensure that you have not connected your printer to a guest network such as a school’s network.
- Raise the scanner lid of the HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer. Place the document or photo that you wish to scan on the scanner glass and position it according to the engraved guides on the glass.
- Tap on the small Scan icon on the printer’s control panel. Choose either Scan To Computer or Scan To Email. Choose the scan format, PDF or JPEG.
- If you choose the Scan To Computer option, select your computer from the list of available devices. If you choose the Scan To Email option, enter the email address.
- Tap on the Scan button to begin scanning the document or photo. The file will be saved in the format that you chose.
HP Officejet 6815 Printhead Problem
Step 1: If you use a non-authentic HP Officejet 6815 ink cartridges, it will lead to print quality HP 6815 printhead problem. Using the non-HP ink will also affect the printhead and the hardware of the printer.
Step 2: While the printer is running, plug out the power cord from the 123.hp.com/oj6815 printer to reset it. Connect it back after a minute and switch on the HP Officejet 6815 printer.
Step 3: If the HP 6815 printhead problem persists, open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center. Slightly press the ink cartridge and remove it from the slot.
Step 4: Use a lint-free dry cloth to clean the copper-colored contacts on the ink cartridges. Check the contacts for ink leaks or ink clogs and clean it with a dry cloth.
Step 5: Slightly dampen the cloth with water and clean the contacts of the HP Officejet 6815 e all in one printer. Examine the vent area of the ink cartridge for any clogs or debris formation.
Step 6: Use a small pin to clear the clogs on the HP Officejet 6815 ink cartridges. Once the contacts are dry, insert it into the cartridge slot and close the access door. Try printing a document.
Step 7: If the HP 6815 printhead problem persists, check if there is any available firmware update for your computer. Download the latest firmware and install it.
Step 8: If none of the above works, resort to servicing your HP Officejet 6815 printer. For further assistance, call the toll-free number.