123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer Quick Support
HP Officejet 6950 Printer Specifications
- The 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer is a all-in-one printer. This implies that you will be able to print, scan, copy and fax.
- You will be able to print from any remote location using the smart phone, tablet using the Hp ePrint App or AirPrint app.
- Print professional-quality documents or photos. The 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer is ideal for home as well as office purpose.
- Utilize HP Instant Ink which saves up to 50% ink. The ink is delivered in doorstep before the ink runs out.
- You will be able to print lab-quality printouts using Borderless printing option. Print without margins using the option.
- Save your time as well as cost using the Automatic Duplex Printing. Using the feature, it is not necessary to flip the pages.
- Print multiple pages document using the Automatic Document Feeder. The tray can handle up to 225 sheets of paper.
- Send your scanned document to the printer’s unique email address as an attachment with scan to email feature.
- For an official usage, fax is one of the best features of sending confidential documents. Use fax feature in the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer.
- Save power up to 50% with the Energy certified printer and Schedule on and Off feature.
First Time 123.hp.com/oj6950 Printer Setup
The initial step for the printer setup is to examine the list of contents in the box as it may differ by country/region. The list of contents in the box is software installation CD, warranty card, ink cartridges, input tray, duplexer and user manual.
- Take out the HP Officejet 6950 Printer from the box. Eradicate all the packing materials from the interior or exterior of the printer.
- Discard the sticker on the printer’s control panel. Elevate the scanner lid. Take out the packing materials in the lid.
- Seal the scanner lid. Elevate the output tray.Drag the input tray towards you to access it.
- Drag the input tray forwards until it fixes into place. Shut the output tray. Once you have done with the step, move to the next step.
- Plug in the power cable to the rear of the 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Once you have connected the power cable, switch on the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer. On the printer’s control panel, tap the preferred language.
- After customizing the preferences, tap OK to confirm the choice. In case prompted, choose date and time.
- Elevate the ink cartridge access door until it snaps into place. Halt until the carriage is inactive prior to proceeding.
- Discard the packing materials from the carriage. Take out the cartridge from the packaging. Drag the orange tab out.
- Grasp the ink cartridge by either side and then rotate the protective orange cap counter clockwise to fix it off.
- While inserting the cartridge, make sure that the ink cartridge contacts facing downwards and move the cartridge inwards.
- While placing the ink cartridge, examine whether the label color matches the color dot on the carriage.
- Move the ink cartridges into their respective slots and carefully press the top of the cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Once you are done with the installation process, seal the ink cartridge access door for secure installation.
- Elevate the output tray and then drag the input tray towards you to access it. Move the paper width guides to their farthest position.
- Insert plain paper into the input tray. Shove the stack into the tray until it fixes into place.
- Move the paper width guide until it fixes against the edges of the paper. Shove the input tray forward until it fixes into place.
- Close the output tray. You need to install the install driver and software for the printer to print from the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer.
HP Officejet 6950 Printer Ink Cartridges Replacement
- While replacing the ink cartridge, ensure that they are genuine and supports the printer model to avoid printing issues.
- The cartridge replacement is done when the ink level is very low. In case the cartridge is defective, replace them.
- To replace the ink cartridges, you need to unlock the ink cartridge access door. The carriage slides to the ink cartridge access door.
- In case the scanner lid is accessed, the ink cartridge access door does not open. Halt for a minute until the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer is inactive.
- Press the tab inwards on the front of the old ink cartridge to uninstall it. Drag the ink cartridge out to discard it from the slot.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from the 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer’s package. Drag the pull tab direct back to discard the protective tape from it.
- Make sure do not tap the copper-colored contact or the ink nozzles. This can result in ink clogs or ink system failures.
- Move the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridges contacts face downwards and press the cartridge downwards for installation.
- While inserting, make certain that the label color is similar to the color dot on the cartridge.
- While discarding the plastic paper, the label on the top of the ink cartridge rips, so, make sure to properly vent the cartridge.
- Move the ink cartridge into its slot and shove the top of the cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Recap the above procedures for other ink cartridges too. Seal the ink cartridge access door after the installation process.
- Once you start the printing, you need to examine the ink level of the cartridge.
- Examine the ink level from the Windows and Mac operating systems using HP Solution Center and HP utility.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to examine the ink level in the Windows operating system.
- Install the HP Smart App on the mobile devices to verify the estimated ink level on-the-go.
HP Officejet 6950 Printer Print Head Problem and Ink System Failure
- In case the printer experiences the Printhead problem, make use of the genuine ink cartridges.
- In case the ink cartridges do not support the printer model, the issue occurs. So, use compatible cartridges.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer. Refrain from proceedings until the printer is inactive prior to proceeding.
- With the printer powered up, unlink the power cable from the hindside of the printer and from the wall socket.
- Halt for a minute. Link the power cable to the hindside of the printer and to the wall socket.
- Switch on the printer,if it does not switch on automatically. Once the printer completes the warm-up period, the carriage slides.
- In case the issue still exists, try to unlock the ink cartridge access door. Halt until the carriage is inactive.
- Shove the tab on the top of the ink cartridge to uninstall it and then discard it from the carriage.
- Examine whether the orange tab is present in the ink cartridge,you need to discard it.
- Position the ink cartridges on a clean paper with the paper upside down with the ink tap opening pointing upwards.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges is not placed in open air for more than 30 minutes to avoid damage to the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer.
- Seal the ink cartridge access door. In case any error message screen on the 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer’s control panel, update the firmware.
- You can also try to clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts using a clean and moist cloth.
- While cleaning the ink cartridge s contacts and vents, make certain that you do not steak any ink or debris in the cartridge.
- Once you have completed the cleaning process, wait for the cartridge contacts to dry .
- Now, install the ink cartridges into their respective slots until it fixes into place.
- In case the printer’s control panel screens, substitute the ink cartridge, uninstall and then reinstall the cartridge.
- If the firmware of the printer is not up-to-date, you need to download the upgraded printer firmware for the printer.
Fixing Paper Jams and Paper Feed Issues in HP Officejet 6950 Printer
- Examine whether the paper jam issue is a real or false issue.In case the issue is false, reboot the printer to solve it.
- To reconfigure the printer, switch on the 123.hp.com/oj6950 printer. Halt for a second until the printer is inactive.
- Detach the power cable from the hindside of the printer and from the wall socket with the printer switched on.
- Refrain from the proceeding for a few seconds. Connect the power cable from the printer’s rear and to the wall socket.
- Now, Switch on the printer. Wait for the printer to finish the warm-up period and the printer to be inactive.
- If there is any jammed paper in the interior of the printer, make use of a flashlight to examine it.
- Make sure that the jammed paper should be eliminated with the power cable detached to avoid electrical shocks.
- In case the jammed paper exists in the input tray, open the input tray. Now, discard the paper from it.
- In case the paper rips at the time of discarding it from the rollers, examine the rollers for torn pieces to prevent further issues
- If you the jammed paper is accessible from the ink cartridge access area, remove it. Now, try to print.
- Look whether the Automatic Document Feeder has any jammed paper in it. If so, remove the paper.
- In certain circumstances, the jammed paper stops the carriage movement. Remove the paper from the carriage path.
- If there is any dust or debris on the paper feed rollers, wipe the rollers inside the 123.hp.com/setup 6950 printer using a clean and damp cloth.
- Permit all the rollers to dry approximately up to 10 minutes, this is done to prevent electric shocks.
- While cleaning the rollers inside the ink cartridge access area, duplexing rollers and ADF, switch off the HP Officejet 6950 Printer.
- If you are not able to solve the jammed paper issue, call our technical team to solve it.