123.hp.com oj6958 Printer
- The HP OfficeJet 6958 can print/copy/scan/fax.
- It supports wireless HP ePrint and Apple AirPrint and Android OS Enablement Printing Mopria.
- If offers great value for professional home office color print outs and makes it easy to print from your mobile.
- The HP OfficeJet 6958 delivers copy speeds up to 28 cpm and 22 cpm for black and color in draft mode.
- It has an input capacity of 225 sheets and an output capacity of 60 sheets.
- The automatic document feeder capacity has a standard capacity of 35 sheets.
- It offers print speed up to 29 ppm and 24 ppm for black and color print outs in draft mode.
HOW TO INSTALL 6958 PRINTER
To install HP OfficeJet 6958, first remove the printer from the package, connect it to a power source, load paper into the input tray and install and align the printer cartridges and install the printer driver and software.
- Unbox the printer and remove all shipping restraints, tape and cardboard from the inside and outside of the printer. Connect the power cord to the printer and to the wall outlet. Switch on the printer and set your preferences such as language and country/region.
- Install the ink cartridges and place paper into the input tray and align the ink cartridges.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver from us. For Windows users, your file will download in .exe format and for Mac users, your file will download in .dmg format.
- Once the file downloads, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. If required connect the printer to the computer. For mac users, if you are required to add the printer to the printer queue. Choose OfficeJet 6958, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose OfficeJet 6958 in the pop-up menu and then choose Add. Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
If you have any queries, speak to our technical support team on the toll-free number.
HOW TO PRINT, SCAN, COPY, AND FAX
HOW TO PRINT
Follow the instructions below to print document from your HP OfficeJet 6958. Prior to printing your document make the necessary modification to text font and size, layout and other visual settings.
- From the software you created the document in, choose File or the menu icon, then choose Print to open general settings.
- To access more layout, quality and advanced print configuration, choose Printer Properties, or Preferences.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window appears.
- Make the required changes to the document. Choose OK, and then choose Print.
- From the software, you created the document, choose File, and then choose Print.
- The printer settings window opens Choose OfficeJet 6958.
- Choose your OfficeJet 6958 from the Printer menu. From the Presets menu, choose an option that is appropriate for your print job or paper type.
- Choose the unlabeled menu in the middle of the window to choose different setting types, then change any of the following settings. Print settings and menu might vary by printer and the software you are printing from.
- Make the required changes to the documents by modifying the appropriate settings. Choose Print.
HOW TO SCAN
The HP OfficeJet 6958 allows you to scan documents. Follow the instructions listed below to scan a document or photo.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software. Make sure to install the version that contains HP Scan. This allows you to access the full functionality of the the scanner.
- Load the document or photo with its print side facing down on the scanner glass, and then shut the scanner lid.
- In case your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan the documents that contain multiple pages at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to avert damage to the photo and the printer.
- Scan from your printer using the scan button or the scan menu from the control panel. The folder the scan is stored at open by itself. Choose the file with Scan in the name to view the scan.
HOW TO COPY
The HP OfficeJet 6958 lets you make copies from a document or photo. Follow the instructions listed below to make a copy from you HP OfficeJet 6958:
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), based on your printer type and features.
- Tap Copy, Copy Document or Copy photo on the OfficeJet 6958’s control, and then choose any available basic configuration.
- Tap Settings or the gear icon to change advanced copy configuration.
- You might be able to alter paper size and type, quality and other setting depending upon your printer model.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, tap Start or go back to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then tap Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.
HOW TO FAX
Faxing is a method by which a scanned document’s facsimile is sent through a telephone line to a fax capable device.
- Scan from the scanner glass if the paper you are scanning is not standard paper.
- Take out all originals from the document feeder tray, and then raise the scanner lid.
- Place the original, print side down, on the right-front corner of the glass. Align the original to the inscribed guides near the edge of the glass.
- Shut the scanner lid. From the home screen on the printer control, tap Send Fax Now.
- Utilizing the numeric keypad, provide the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or use a stored number from the Phone book.
- Tap Black or Color. The printer starts dialing the fax number and faxing the document. If the fax machine you sent the fax to is available, your fax is sent.
REPLACING INK CARTRIDGES
You will have to replace ink cartridge if they become empty or the ink levels are low. Follow the instructions listed below to replace ink cartridges for your OfficeJet 6958.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the ink cartridge to the ink cartridge access area.
- Once the printer is quiet and inactive, proceed further. Push the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to free it, and then push up on the ink cartridge to release it from the slot.
- Take the new cartridge from its package, and then force the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Grab the ink cartridge by its sides, and then turn the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to take it off the ink cartridge.
- Tenderly bend the tab away from the ink cartridge.
- Position the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts point downward, and then match the ink cartridges’ label color with color dot on the carriage.
- Push the ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently push the ink cartridge down until it snaps into position.
- Repeat this process to install any new ink cartridge.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door.
PRINTHEAD PROBLEM, INK SYSTEM FAILURE, ‘Ox…’ ERROR DISPLAYS
If ‘A problem with Printhead’, ‘Printer failure’, or ‘Ink System Failure’ error message appears on the OfficeJet 6598’s control panel or computer, follow the instructions below to resolve it.
- With the printer powered up, quiet and inactive, detach the power cord from the back of the printer and then from the wall outlet.
- After one minute, fix the power cord back into the wall outlet and then to the back of the printer.
- Switch on the printer, if it does not automatically power up.
- Once the printer warms-up, and becomes quiet and inactive before you proceed. If the error persists move on the next step.
- Remove the ink cartridges, take off any orange tabs attached to them, and place them on a clean sheet of paper upside-down with the ink opening pointing up. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
- In case the printer shows an Ink System Failure message on the control panel, update the printer firmware.
- If the printer tells you to Replace the K, Y, M, or C Ink Cartridge, clean the cartridge vents and contacts.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges one at a time to determine which ink cartridge is causing the error and clean the cartridge(s) specified once again, and then reload the ink cartridge(s). If the error persists, update the printer firmware.