HP OFFICEJET 7612 DESCRIPTION
The HP e-all-in-one printer has a 250-sheet paper tray that helps you easily connect and print no matter if you are at the office or on the go. You can easily print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. Moreover, you can conserve resources with this Energy Star qualified printer. The printer allows you to use up to 50 percent less paper with Automatic two-sided printing. It has a print speed up to 15 ppm for black and up to 8 ppm for color. With this printer, you can scan large documents in a single pass.
- The printer supports borderless printing.
- It has an Automatic Document Feeder with a capacity up to 35 sheets.
- The printer has an input tray with a capacity up to 250 sheets and an output tray with a capacity up to 75 sheets.
- The scanner has a resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- It has a monthly duty cycle up to 12,000 pages.
Do you want to connect your HP OJ 7612 printer to the wireless network?Once you know how to form the network connection, you can easily setup your printer anywhere. The prompts for the connection on your Windows and Mac are here.
- Gather the network name and password and then proceed to the next step to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- To find the network password, make sure that you refer the documentation of Internet Service Provider or look at the bottom of the wireless router.
- Now, check if the printer and system are connected to the same wireless network with an active Internet connection.
- Turn on all the devices, then for good network signal, place the printer and the system closer, within the range of the router.
- Make sure that you disconnect the USB cable from the printer at the time of the installation process.
- Ensure that you use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Click the Wireless icon –> Settings –> Wireless Setup Wizard. Now, follow the prompts on the screen to choose the network name.
- Prior to connecting the Officejet 7612 printer to the wireless network, make sure that you collect the required details for the network connection process.
- Obtain the network password from the bottom of the router or refer the documentation of the Internet Service Provider.
- Now, connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network with an active Internet connection.
- It is advisable to check if there is an active Internet connection. Note that if the connection is not stable, you may be unable to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer and then ensure that you do not reconnect it until prompted.
- Click the Wireless icon –> Settings –>Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose the network type and then follow the prompts to complete the process.
Download printer driver
Downloading the driver for your printer is not a tedious job. Once you download the driver, you can perform any basic printer task with great ease. The prompts to download the driver on Windows and Mac PC are given below.
- You can use the CD that came with your Officejet printer to download the printer driver.
- Place the CD into the computer’s disc drive. Now, you may notice a list of contents in the file gets displayed.
- Make sure that you select the setup file for your Windows OS from the list. If you view a zip file, ensure that you uncompress it to view all the
- individual files.
- Now, click the setup file to begin the installation process. Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the installation.
- Get in touch with our customer support team on the Toll-free number if the installation stops in the middle of the process.
- Note that there is a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box.
- Now, place the CD on the computer’s disc drive to start the installation process. Here you may view a list of contents in the file.
- Make sure that you choose the setup file from the list and then double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to start the installation process and then choose the mode of connection based on your printer model.
- Now, click the Finish option to complete the installation process. If the installation fails, contact us on the Toll-free number.
Replacing ink cartridges
If you notice any ink cartridge is empty or low on ink, make sure that you replace it immediately. You can follow the prompts given below to replace any ink cartridge.
- Press the power button to power on the Officejet 7612 printer, if it is not on.
- Open the top cover of the printer and then wait until the carriage slides to the middle of the printer and is inactive.
- Remove the tri-color ink cartridge from the left slot and the black ink cartridge from the right slot.
- Now, take out the new cartridge from its package and then discard the pink tab to remove the protective tape from it.
- When inserting the cartridge, do not touch the plastic tape to avoid the ink system failure and clogs.
- Hold the cartridge in such a way that the copper contacts are on the bottom and facing towards the printer.
- Make sure that you align the ink cartridges in order to maintain the best print quality.
- Examine the test page once you print it to determine if the cartridges are aligned properly.
Does your Officejet 7612 printer face any printing issue? Do not worry. The troubleshooting tips for the printing issues and ink system failure are provided below. Go through them.Common Printing Issues
- It is always advisable to place the printer on a flat surface as placing it on an uneven surface may cause issues at the time of printing.
- Prior to purchasing ink cartridges, make sure that you check if they are compatible with the printer to avoid ink cartridge issues.
- Ensure that you do not place the papers exceeding the mark on the input tray.
- It is advisable to align the papers to prevent jam issues in the interior of the input tray.
- There is a possibility that you may notice a paper jam if the paper is not as per the specifications. Make sure that you refer the supported media type in the user manual.
- To avoid connection issues, update the drivers when you notice the update notification on the computer screen.
Ink system failure
- The foremost step is to check if there is any issue with the ink cartridge. If there is any issue, replace it with a new one.
- Now, remove the cartridge and then wipe the cartridge contacts using a clean and lint-free cloth. Once it dries, insert the cartridge into its respective slot.
- Try printing a test page and then examine if the cartridges are inserted properly.
- If the preceding steps did not resolve the issue, there is a possibility that the issue may be with the printhead.
- Now, reset the Officejet 7612 printer to solve the printhead issue.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to reset the printer and then try to print a test page. If the issue still persists, call us on the Toll-free number.