HP OFFICEJET h470 PRINTER SETUP
The HP OfficeJet H470 is an inkjet color printer. It is a compact photo printer. It uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology. It operates with two Cartridges and uses HP Vivera inks. It supports envelopes, greeting cards, index cards, labels, photo paper, transparencies, and plain paper type media.
- The HP OfficeJet H470 delivers prints speeds up to 22ppm for black printouts and 18 ppm for color color print outs.
- It produces high-resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for black and white prints and 4800 dpi for color prints. It weighs 4.7 lbs. It is energy star certified and helps you conserve power.
- The HP OfficeJet H470 features an input tray that can hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper and an output tray that can hold up to 75 sheets.
- It supports U.S Letter, U.S Legal, A4, U.S Executive, U.S Statement, JIS B5, A5 among the standard media sizes.
- It supports U.S #10, Monarch, A2, DL, C5, C6 size envelopes.
- It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 500 pages.
LIST OF PRINTER ISSUES
- Print jobs stuck in print queues
- Printer is offline
- ‘Out of Paper’ error message appears on the computer, and the printer does not pick up or feed paper.
- Slow printing.
- Paper mismatch error.
- An extra blank page prints (windows).
- Colors bleeding into each other.
- Continuous pages of strange or garbled characters print in windows.
- Horizontal streaks or lines in the printed images.
- Faded or sull colors in the printout.
FIRST TIME PRINTER SETUP
Setting up your HP OfficeJet H470 involves unpacking the printer, connecting it to a power source, loading paper, installing and aligning the ink cartridges and installing the full feature printer driver and software.
- Unbox the printer and remove all shipping restraints, tapes and cardboard from the inside and the outside of the printer. Connect the printer to a power source through the power cord. Switch on the printer.
- Take out all media from the input tray. Place the plain paper in the input tray. Draw open the front access cover.
- Once the carriage stops moving, raise the cartridge latch to open it. Unpack the ink cartridges and install them in their designated slots.
- Shut the print cartridge latch. Shut the front access door. Wait for the carriage to finish cartridge initialization routine to finish and return to the home position to the left side of the HP H 470 before using the device.
- Choose Start, and highlight Programs. Choose HP OfficeJet H470 Mobile Printer series, and then select the Toolbox icon.
- Select the Printer Services tab, and then choose Align Print Cartridges. Follow the onscreen prompts to print an alignment page and finish the alignment procedure.
- Complete the setup by installing the full feature printer driver and software for your printer.
If you have any further queries, speak to our technical support team through the toll-free number.
USB Printer Setup
You can use a USB cable to connect from your OfficeJet H470 to your computer. Follow the instructions below to connect to your printer from your computer using your USB cable.
- Gather your USB cable. Make sure there is an available USB port on your computer. Ensure that your printer is powered up and in a ready state. Detach the USB cable from the computer.
- If you connected the USB cable to the computer prior to the driver installation, continue with this step. If not, move to step 4. open Devices and Printers control panel. Right-click the icon for OfficeJet H470.
- If multiple icons are shown for the printer, remove them all. Exit the Devices and Printer window, and then move to the next step.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software. Your file will download in .exe format.
- Once your download is complete, launch the installer from the Downloads bar of the browser or from the Downloads folder of the computer.
- When asked by the installer to choose a printer connection option, choose USB to proceed with and complete the setup.
- Attempt to print, scan, or fax, based on your printer’s capability.
- Gather a USB cable less than 3 m in length. Ensure that the printer is switched on and is in a ready state.
- Make sure there is an available USB port on your computer. In case you connect thorough a USB hub or docking station, your OfficeJet H470 might nor receive the required power to operate efficiently.
- Detach the USB cable form the computer. Do not fix the cable until asked to so during the driver installation step.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software for your OfficeJet H470. If you are asked to choose a printer connection type, choose USB.
- Ensure that you install the printer driver and software package that includes HP Scan or HP Easy Scan. This will let you access the full functionality for the printer.
- If you are asked to add the printer to the printer queue, choose HP OfficeJet H470, choose the Use or Print Using menu, choose HP OfficeJet 470 in the pop-up menu and then choose Add.
- Go back to the HP installer to finish the installation. Attempt to print, scan, or fax, based on your printer’s capability.
How to create custom paper sizes
Follow the instructions below to create custom paper size. To prevent print quality problems and other issues, ensure that your custom size does not exceed the actual dimensions of your paper.
- Open Devices and Printers. Choose the icon for your OfficeJet H470, and then choose Print server properties.
- If the User Account Control window appears, choose Continue.
- On the Forms tab, choose the Create a new form check box, and then provide a name for the new paper size in Form name.
- Choose Metric or English and then enter the size of your custom paper in the width and Height text boxes.
- Choose Save Form, and then choose OK or Close.
- Place your custom-size paper into the input tray. Choose the custom paper size, before your print.
- Place the custom-size paper into the input tray. Open the file you wish to print.
- Choose File, and then choose Page Setup. In Paper Size, choose Manage Custom Sizes. The Custom Paper Sizes window appears.
- In the Custom Paper Sizes window, choose the plus sign to create a new paper size, double-click the default untitled name, and then provide a new name for the custom paper size.
- In the Paper Size section, enter the dimensions of the custom paper in Width and Height text boxes, and then fix the margins, if required.
- Select OK. In the page setup window, choose the new custom paper size, and then choose OK.
- Choose File, and then Choose Print. Modify print settings, if required, and then choose OK or Print.
PRINTING WITH A USB OTG CABLE (ANDROID)
Prior to printing using a USB OTG cable, make sure that the printer and Android device support printing from a USB OTG cable connection. Follow the instructions below to print using a USB OTG cable.
- Switch on the printer, if it is not already powered up. Fix one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable.
- Fix the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on your Android device. An HP Print Service Plugin window appears on the Android device. Touch OK to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Open the file you wish to print, tap the menu icon, and then touch Print.
- On the preview screen, tap the down arrow to see the printer list, then choose USB: HP [your printer model] in the list of available printers.
- Tap the down arrow to modify any print settings, then touch the print icon.
MOBILE PRINTER SETUP FAILS
At times, when you utilize the HP Smart app on your Android device to setup your printer on your wireless or wired network but cannot finish the setup. The instructions listed below will help you resolve the setup issues when the printer is not listed or when the wireless icon is not blinking.
- From the HP smart app home screen, touch the plus sign to show the printer list. If your OfficeJet H470 is listed, your setup is complete and you need not troubleshoot further.
- If your OfficeJet H470 is not listed, switch off your printer, after one minute, switch on your printer.
- Once your printer is inactive and quiet, open the HP Smart app on your Android device, and then check the printers list again. If the error persists move on to the next step.
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to the same network your want to connect the printer to.
- On the OfficeJet H470, ensure that the light next to the the wireless icon is either on and steady or blinking. If the wireless light is not on or blinking, turn on the wireless signal.
How to print and scan from the HP AIO Printer remote app
Using the HP Smart App (previously known as the HP AIO Printer remote app), you can set up your printer on a wireless network and also print, scan and troubleshoot printer issues. Follow the instructions listed below to print and scan using your HP Smart App.
- Open the HP Smart app, touch Print Documents, Print Photos, or choose your cloud storage or social media account.
- Spot the file on your mobile device, social media, or cloud account.
- Choose the document or photo you wish to print. A preview of the document or photo appears. Touch Print.
- Load your document in your scanner or automatic document feeder. Open the HP Smart app, and then tap Scan, Scan to Email, or Scan to cloud based on what kind of scan you want to complete.
- Touch the Setting icon on the Scan screen to choose the Input Source in which you loaded your document.
- Touch Done or Save. Tap Scan to view the scan and modify the borders, if required. When the scan is over, tap Send, Save, Share or Print, based on the kind of scan previously selected.
Paper does not feed from the input tray
At times, the computer shows an ‘Out of paper’ error message, and the printer does not pick up the paper from the input tray. If your HP OfficeJet H470 fails to pick up the paper from the input tray, follow the instructions listed below:
Reset the Printer
- Switch on your HP OfficeJet H470.
- With the printer powered up, detach the power cord from the back of the printer. Detach the power cord form the wall outlet.
- After fifteen seconds, fix the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Attach the power cord to the back of the printer.
- If the printer does not power up by itself, push the power button to power it on.
If the error persists, try the following methods in the same order as given:
- Check the condition of the paper and reload it.
- Adjust the paper settings in the print driver such that it matches with the paper in the tray.
- Clean the paper rollers.