HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 is an Inkjet multifunctional energy star certified printer. It supports both wired and wireless printing. The print speed is high and offers up to 35 ppm, so you can feasibly print your document or images within a short span of time. Acquire both automatic and manual duplex printing. Enjoy printing your desired document from mobile printing (ePrint, Mopria print service, Apple AirPrint) from anywhere at any place. The paper tray holds 250 sheets. Printer copies up to 99 copies from the original. Its digital zoom is from 25% to 40%. The printer is compatible with Windows, OS X and Linux operating system.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Specifications
- The print speed is high and offers up to 35 ppm
- Printer copies up to 99 copies from the original
- Its digital zoom is from 25% to 40%
- The paper tray holds 250 sheets
- Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- Windows, Linux & Mac Compatible
- Wired and wireless connection
- Support different paper sizes
- Photo quality is below standard
- A bit pricey
- Cartridge fixing is little hard
- Mobile printing
- Automatic Duplex printing
- Border less Printing
- Automatic paper sensor
123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 Printer Setup
When you purchase the printer for the first time, you need to follow certain procedures and guides to unpack and configure your printer. Take away the printer and the packing materials from the corresponding box, connect the cable and alter the settings as per your preferences. Position the paper into its input tray, install the ink cartridge at the right position and then finally download and install the desired upgraded printer software as per your printer model. Get your printer ready to print your essential documents or images. Click here to avail detailed procedures to setup your printer.
Using the features of HP Envy 4510 All-in-one printer
A print is producing a hard copy of your desired documents or images which are stored on your system or on your mobile device. Nowadays, prints are precise and consistent. Avail your desired document or images swiftly with a high-quality output. You can modify the settings and set the preferences accordingly to make it easier to read the document.
Scanners have always been a crucial part of today’s fast-paced world. Whether you run a business or organize a home business, you will always need to keep a soft copy of your documents. The 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer with a scanner can help satisfy your basic needs. It is a perfect choice for those who want to maintain a number of documents on your system. A printer with a built-in scanner is perfectly suited for all users.
Create enormous copies of the printed documents and photos with the HP Officejet Pro 8720 e-All-in-one printer.
Note: The pictures that were taken as an example to explain the steps may not be similar to your printer model, but the copy steps remain the same.
Steps to print a document
123.hp.com ojpro8710 Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)Print documents from a Windows computer and change any related print job settings. Printing a documentFor optimized results, open the print window to modify print job settings.
- Before printing a document, make changes on it to alter text font and size, select layout options, and vary any other appearance settings.
- In the app you have created the document in, click the File menu and choose the Print option to open the basic print settings.
- The layout, quality, and advanced print settings can be accessed by selecting the Printer Properties Properties or Preferences options.
- Modify the layout and paper settings for your print. The Menu names and the settings available might vary by printer.
- Modify the quality and color settings for optimized printing results. The Menu names and the settings available might vary by printer.
- Click OK, then select Print.
You can print your photographs from a Windows system using the correct paper type and print job settings
Step 1: Insert photo paper into the main input tray
Place the paper into the main paper tray. Inserting the paper is based on where the tray is and what type of printer you have.
- Take away the plain paper from the main input tray.
- Place the short edge of the photo paper into the tray according to your printer type
- Alter the paper width guides so they rest against the edge of the paper.
Step 2: Print the desired photo
Open the print window and document properties to set up the printer print job.
- Prior to printing, edit the photo to enhance the colors, brightness, contrast and any other settings.
- Right-click the photo you want to print, click Open with, and then select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint
- Select Print, or choose File or the menu icon, and then select Print.
- Open the printer Document Properties window to access layout, quality, color and advanced print settings.
- In case the Print Pictures window in Windows photo Viewer, select Options and then select Printer properties in the print settings window.
- From the Print window in Paint, select Preferences.
- Make use of the guidelines to identify and use print job settings for images in the Document Properties window.
- Select Ok, and then select Print.
- After printing your document, take away the photo paper from the tray. In case it is left in the tray for an extended time, the paper might start to bend.
Steps to copy a document or photo
Create enormous copies of the printed documents and photos with the HP Officejet Pro 8710 e-All-in-one printer.
Note: The pictures that were taken as an example to explain the steps may not be similar to your printer model, but the copy steps remain the same.
Step 1: Place the actual document or picture.
Copy using the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) by placing the original media on the ADF tray or above the scanner glass. This copier based printer is capable of producing a dual-sided copy.
- Turn on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer.
- You can make use of two methods to copy your document or image:
- ADF: Keep the item that you wish to copy on the Document Feeder tray letting the print side face upward and the top edge is inserted into the tray initially. Align the width guides for the media to fit in and the control panel shows a message that the original document is loaded.
- Scanner glass: The document should be placed on the scanner glass in the same way it is placed on the ADF. Ensure that the document is placed appropriately within the carved guides nearby the glass, and then bring down the scanner lid.
Step 2: Photocopy the media that you require to.
- Tap Copy from the Home screen on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose the Document, ID card, or Photo that you wish to copy.
- Skim through the number of copies or tap the keypad, and then provide the number of copies required.
- Choose the tray and paper size on the Tray Selection.
- If you wish to make a single-side copy, select 1-or-2-sided copying and for dual-sided it’s 2-2 sided copying.
- Tap Preview and then touch the previewed image to edit. It is easier to crop, resize and align the contrast of the copy from the Edit screen.
- Tap Done to go back to the Copy screen.
- To customize your desired copy settings, tap the Settings icon and change the copy metrics mentioned below:
- Tap Lighter/Darker, slip the button to set the darkness/brightness level, and then Tap Done.
- Tap Quality to choose the desired quality level of the output.
- Selecting the Draft mode produces a quick copy with less ink consumption. If you choose Normal, it gives a standard copy quality and Best produces a copy with clarity in terms of information in the document.
- To enlarge the copy, touch Resize and key in the value as you require, and then choose Done.
- Tap Enhancements to choose the settings of print or photo.
- To obtain an output with the margin shifted to the left end of the page, tap Binding Margin, and then tap On.
- Choose Save Current Settings to hold back the advanced settings once the copy job is completed, and then tap Save.
- To get back to the Copy screen, tap on the Back option.
- To initiate the copy job, tap Start Black, Start Color or Start Copy depending on the type of media you place on the ADF or the scanner glass.
HP Officejet 8710 Scan
Scanners have always been a crucial part of today’s fast-paced world. Whether you run a business or organize a home business, you will always need to keep a soft copy of your documents. A 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer with a scanner can help satisfy your basic needs. It is a perfect choice for those who want to maintain a number of documents on your system. A printer with a built-in scanner is perfectly suited for all users.
Scan with HP Scan software
You can start to scan any file using the HP Scan Software. Make sure to download the printer software on your system before scanning a file. Using the HP Scan Software, you scan from the computer, change the scan settings, save scans and more.
Depending on the type of printer you use, two versions of 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 Scan are available. The functionalities and scanning support are similar for both versions.
Figure: HP Scan (2015 and prior)
Scan to email
Attach a scan to an email message automatically using the email shortcuts in HP Scan. The local email client software such as Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird should be installed onto your computer and connected to an email service provider to scan to email.
- Open the HP Scan Software, choose any of the email-related shortcuts such as Photo to Email, Document to Email, Email as PDF, or Email as JPEG, and then click Scan. The scan preview opens in a new window.
- Click Send.
A new email message displays on the screen with the scan attached.
Steps to scan a document or photo using HP Scan software:
- Place the item you want to scan on the scanner glass or in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF) that depends on your requirement. In the case of photos, make use of the scanner glass to avoid damages.
- Search Windows for your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer name.
- If the system displays your printer name, click the printer name in the list of options.
- If your printer is not displayed, download the print driver from our website.
- Open the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo. The HP Scan opens in a new window.
- Choose any of the shortcuts that match the file type and resulting action you need.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the HP Scan window, if required.
- Click Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make further edits to the scanned document before saving it on your computer.
- To make alterations to the settings such as quality, color, and default scan destination folder, click Advanced Settings or More.
- Click Scan. The printer scans the file, and then a preview of the scan is displayed in HP Scan.
- If required, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned file for further settings.
- Click Save and the Save as windows opens.
- Choose the folder that you want to save the scan, change the File name if required, make sure of the file type in the Save as type menu, and then click Save.
- Open the folder in which you have saved the scan in, and then double-click on the file to view your scanned file.
HP Officejet 8710 Printer Troubleshooting
123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer is offline
At some point, when you want to print your desired document or image, you might receive a printer offline notification which affects your print job. Make use of the procedure which is listed below to overcome your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer offline issues.
Fix the problem automatically
HP Print and Scan Doctor easily detects and rectifies the printing issue.
- Double-click the HP print and Scan Doctor to open the tool on your system.
- Choose Start on the Welcome screen.
- Pick your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer, and then select Next.
- Select Fix Printing option.
- You can view the list of the actionable results on the HP print and Scan Doctor result screen.
- In case you notice a White checkmark , your printer passed the test. Select Test Print or Choose Skip.
- In case you notice a White wrench , Print and Scan Doctor detected an issue and rectifies it. Choose Test Print or select Skip.
- In case you notice a Yellow exclamation point , the test has failed and it requires user action, but the step was skipped. Select Test Print or select Skip.
- In case you notice a red X , make use of the guides shown to rectify the problem.
If an issue still exists, follow the next step.
Tips to manually solve the problem
- Fix the default printer and unpause the printing.
- Reset your printer and then check the connection status.
- Ensure that the correct port is selected.
- Try to connect your printer to the network manually.
- Add an additional printer to Windows.
- Using HP Printer Assistant reinstall your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer.
If you still detect the problem in your printer. Cool, Ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496, our technical support will guide you to solve the problem and make your printer ready to print your desired documents.Finding and Fixing Problems screen get displayed.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8710 USB Scanner connection Error
When you try to scan your desired documents, the system or the scanner is not detected or the scan fails. One of the following error message gets displayed.
- Scan unsuccessful
- Scanner not found
- Scanner unreachable
- The scan could not be initialized
- No Computer detected
Step 1: Reboot the computer and the printer
- Switch off your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer and the computer.
- Ensure that the printer power cord is connected directly to an electrical outlet.
- Switch on your printer and the computer.
- Try to scan your essential document.
If you detect the same error, follow the next step.
Step 2: Scrutinize the USB connection
- Plug the cable into a different USB port on your system.
- In case you linked the printer via a USB hub or a docking station, try to connect the cable directly to a port on the system.
- Make use of a different USB cable.
- Disconnect the USB cable that is not in use.
In case eliminating other devices rectified the issue, then install the powered hub to link several USB devices.
Attempt to scan your document. If the error still exists, follow the next step.
Step 3: Enable the Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor detects and rectifies the printing issues. It automatically performs several troubleshooting tasks.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, select Start on the Welcome screen.
- Pick out your printer, and then select Next.
- Select Fix Scanning.
- You can view the list of results in the HP Print and Scan Doctor result screen.
- Evaluate the results.
Step 4: Procedure to uninstall the printer software
- Unplug the cable from the printer.
- Look for programs and features, and then select Programs and Features in the provided list.
- From the list of installed programs, pick your printer name, and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the guidance to complete the software removal.
- Boot up your system.
Follow the next step.
Step 5: Look for any installed printer devices in Windows
- Select Devices and Printers in the provided list.
- In case a device icon is displayed in the list of printers, right-click the icon and select Remove Device.
- Switch off your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer.
- Unplug the USB cable from your printer.
- Reboot your system and then wait until Windows opens.
Follow the next step.
Step 6: Software reinstallation
Visit our website and download the upgraded version of the full feature software for your printer.
Note: As an additional method, make use of the software disc if it supports the operating system installed on the system.
- Power on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Go to our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads.
- If it is required, pick a method to detect the printer model, use the instructions to navigate to the download page.
- Select Download next to the full feature driver.
- On the installation process, click Typical or Recommended type of installation when it is instructed by the software installer.
Step 7: Verify Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) settings
WIA is a service in the Windows operating system which supports communication between your system and scanners. In case WIA is not activated, scan jobs can fail.
- Find view local services under Windows, and then select View Local Services control panel settings in the list.
- Identify WIA in the Name column and look at the Status and Startup type values.
- Try to scan your document.
In case the error still exists, follow the next step.
Step 8: Enable Windows Image Acquisition dependencies
- Find Windows for Command Prompt.
- Right click Command Prompt from the list, and then click Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, enter Net stop stisvc, and then press Enter.WIA service was stopped successfully message displays.
- In the command prompt window, enter Net start stisvc depend=rpcss/ShellHWDetection, and then press Enter.A [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS message displays.
- Enter Net start stisvc in the command prompt, and then press Enter. WIA service was initiated successfully, message displays.
- Scan your documents or images.