123.HP.COM OJPRO251dw PRINTER SETUP
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 251 dw printer prints at a speed of up to 25 ppm for the black draft (A4).
- It prints at a speed of up to 25 ppm for the color draft.
- Its maximum resolution for black and white is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Its maximum resolution for color is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- It supports automatic duplexing.
123.hp.com ojpro251dw Features
- It supports OS such as Apple MacOS X 10.6, Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Linux, Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows XP SP3, and Windows 8 (32/64 bits).
- It supports borderless photo sizes of A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in).
- It supports maximum media weight of 60 g/m2 – 280 g/m2.
Unbox HP Officejet Pro 251dw Setup
- Open the cardboard box and then carefully take out the printer from the box.
- Remove all the packing materials that are stuck on the printer from both inside and outside.
- Discard the packing materials removed from the printer.
- Turn on the printer after connecting the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet.
- Set your desired preferences for your printer control panel.
- After setting all the preferences on the control panel of the printer, tap “Yes” to confirm your choice.
- Insert enough amount of paper into the paper tray and then push the paper or input tray inside.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and slowly insert the ink cartridge that shipped with the printer, into the slot correctly.
- After installing the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door and then the printer prints an alignment page.
- Finally, complete the printer setup by installing the software and driver for your printer.
Wired Network Setup for Windows and Mac device
The complete procedure for wired network setup for Windows and Mac is given below. Follow them accordingly to complete the wired network setup for your HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw printer.
STEP 2: LINK THE PRINTER TO THE NETWORK
- Make sure that you have a network router, switch or hub.
- Make sure that your system is linked to the router, switch or hub, if in case it is not already linked.
- Acquire an Ethernet cable and do not use a Standard telephone cable.
STEP 2: LINK THE PRINTER TO THE NETWORK
- Turn on the printer and take away any Plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your printer port, and the network router, switch or hub.
STEP 3: SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
- Visit our website, and enter your printer model. Then click the “Download” button and make use of the on-screen instructions to download the driver. The guided driver installation application- HP Easy Start might download, according to the printer model.
- If the driver or HP Easy start downloads, do as per the on-screen instructions to open the downloaded file to start the setup. Select the connection type as “Wired network”, if prompted.
- After completing all the on-screen instructions, the driver and software gets installed.
MAKE USE OF THE HP SCAN AND CAPTURE APPLICATION:
From your HP Ojpro 251dw printer or the system camera, you can capture essential documents or images using HP Scan and Capture. To setup and scan with HP Scan and Capture, follow the given steps below.
SETUP AND SCAN WITH HP SCAN AND CAPTURE:
- Switch on your printer and keep the file that you need to scan on the scanner glass or keep it into the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Search Windows for Scan and Capture, and then choose HP Scan and Capture in the available list of results.
- Select the “Menu” icon, and then tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Select Device”, and then click your printer.
- Tap “Document Scan Options” or “Photo Scan Options” to modify any settings, and then choose the back arrow.
- Click outside the “Settings” menu, and then click “Capture Documents” or “Capture Photos”.
- Select the “Save” option once you are done with the Scan.
- To store the file in the corresponding folder, the Save As window opens.
SCAN USING HP SCAN SOFTWARE:
- You can easily start scanning your jobs from the system, modify the scan quality settings, also you can save the scan as PDF files and more. Follow the steps that are given below to scan using HP Scan Software.
Depending on the printer type and features, first ,you need to position the file on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder.
- Search for your printer model.
- If your printer model is there, then select your printer name in the list of results which is displayed.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo, HP Scan opens, and then modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window.After modifying the settings, select the “Scan” option.
- The printer scans the file. Then a pre-screen of the scan appears in HP Scan.
- Click “Save” and the file gets saved.
To print the documents using your HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw printer, do as per the instructions that are given below in step by step procedure. To print, open the document in the application you created it and then follow the given steps.
PRINTING YOUR DESIRED DOCUMENT:
Open the document and then click “File” or the “menu” option, and then choose the “Print” option.
To view more layout options, quality and advanced print settings, choose “Printer Properties”, “Properties” or “Preferences”.
The “Printing Preferences” or “Document Properties” window appears and you can alter the following layout and paper settings for your print job.
Tap “Type”, “paper type” or “Media” menu on the Paper or Quality or Features option and select the paper type based on your print job.
Select the paper size from the Size or Paper Size menu in the Advance options or on the Features option.
PORTRAIT OR LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION:
On the Layout, Finishing or Features option, navigate to the Orientation menu and select “Portrait” or “Landscape”.
PAPER TRAY OR SOURCE:
Select the paper source or tray based on your print job from the “Source” or “Paper source” menu on the “Paper” or “Quality” or “Feature” option.
On the Layout, Finishing or Features option, click on the “Print on Both Sides” option.
You can send and receive a document quickly via a landline connection using the Fax. Instead of an Internet connection, fax uses a dedicated landline. Moreover, it is more secure than email. Follow the steps and complete the Fax setup.
CONFIGURE YOUR 123.HP.COM OJPRO251DW PRINTER FOR FAXING
Configure the fax connection after connecting the telephone cord.
STEP 1: PREREQUISITES
- Get an active telephone landline.
- Install the ink cartridge.
- Load plain paper in the printer input tray.
- Take out the two-wire telephone cord and adapter that shipped with your printer.
STEP 2: ARRANGE FOR THE FAX CONNECTION
- Plug the telephone cord, and configure your fax connection. From the control panel of your printer, choose your fax settings.
- On the control panel of your printer, tap “Fax”, choose “Fax Setup” and then select“Preferences”.
- Click Rings to Answer after scrolling down the display.
that Auto Answer is set to On after scrolling down the display.
STEP 3: CHOOSE YOUR BASIC FAX SETTINGS
- Configure the dial type:
- From the control panel of your printer, tap “Fax”, and then tap “Setup”.
- Then tap “Dial Type” after scrolling down the display.
Tap “Tone” or “Pulse”.
- Configure the fax speed:
- From the control panel of your HP Officejet Pro 251dw printer, tap “Fax à Setup”.
- After swiping up on the display, tap “Speed” option.
- Tap “Slow”, “Medium” or “Fast” according to your preferences.
PRINTER NOT DETECTED DURING NETWORK DRIVER SETUP:
You can utilize the instructions that are given below to configure your printer for a Wi-Fi or wired network connection. Then follow the given instructions to resolve the issue.
STEP 1: REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM, PRINTER, AND THE ROUTER
Disconnect the power cord from the router.
Turn off your system and the printer.
Connect the power cord back to your router. Then wait for sometime till the Internet (activity) light displays a normal connection status.
Turn on your system and the printer.
Try installing the 123.hp.com ojpro251dw printer software and driver again.
STEP 2: VERIFY THE NETWORK AND PRINTER CONNECTION STATUS
Check if the printer is ready for the network configuration.
If you use the Wireless connection, ensure that the light next to the Wireless icon is either on and stable, or flashing.
If you use Wired Connection, ensure that the green (link) light is stable, and the orange (activity) light is flashing when the cable is linked.
Try to install the HP printer driver and software again and if the issue is not resolved then proceed to next step.
STEP 3: LINK THE PRINTER TO THE NETWORK MANUALLY
The HP installer can detect the printer if you manually connect the printer to the network.
STEP 4: ENABLE THE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR
Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to diagnose the error that is creating the issue.
After the error is found, resolve it with the troubleshooting solutions.
STEP 5: DEACTIVATE FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON THE SYSTEM TEMPORARILY
If the issue still persists, then try deactivating the firewall software on the system temporarily.
STEP 6: UNINSTALL THE HP PRINTER DRIVER AND SOFTWARE
If the issue persists still, then try to uninstall the printer driver and the software.
STEP 7: HP SOFTWARE REINSTALLATION
Reinstall the printer software and the driver, and then check if the issue is resolved.