Informative Solution for HP 8610 Printer Support
You can Set the pace for success with fast printing speeds up to 19 ppm for black-and-white and 14.5 ppm for color, with HP 8610 Printer. The printer lets you print from your smartphone, tablet and notebook with wireless direct, wireless and Ethernet printing.
- It includes features such as print, copy and scan.
- The printer includes scan to e-mail feature.
- It supports Automatic 2-sided printing that saves both paper and time.
- Save energy with this ENERGY STAR qualified printer.
- The printer is compatible with both ePrint and Air Print.
HP 8610 Printer Specification
- The printer includes an input tray with a capacity of 250-sheets, an ADF with a capacity of 35-sheets and an output tray with a capacity of 150-sheets.
- The scanner is a flatbed type with a resolution up to 1200 dpi.
- The printer has a monthly duty cycle up to 15000 pages.
Unbox your HP 8610 Printer from the box
The foremost step is to remove your 8610 printer from the box and then remove all tapes and packing materials from the printer. The guidelines to form the connections, set preferences and Install HP Officejet Pro 8610 cartridges are provided below.
- Remove your printer from the box and then eliminate all the tapes and packing materials from outside the printer.
- Prior to throwing away the box, make sure that you remove all the hardware and packing materials from it.
- Take out the power cable, then connect one end of it to the printer’s rear side and then plug in the other end into an electrical power point.
- Now, power on your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer.
- When you open the cartridge access door, you may notice that the carriage moves to the center portion of your HP 8610 Printer.
- Wait until the printer is noiseless and then remove one of the new ink cartridges from its package.
- Make sure that you clear all the tapes around it. It is advisable to not touch the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Place the black ink cartridge into the right slot and the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Now, shut the ink cartridge access door and then mount the paper into the input tray with the print side down.
- Once the paper positions, the printer may automatically print an alignment page.
HP 8610 Printer Wireless Setup
Step 1: Getting Ready for Install HP Officejet Pro 8610
- Before setting up your printer on the wireless network, collect the network name and security password (WEP key or WPA passphrase).
- Get a broadband Internet access and then establish a USB cable connection.
- Check if the router and system are on and then connect your system and the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer to the same wireless network.
- Now, place your printer and computer at a closer distance to the router during the setup process. Unplug any USB cable from the printer.
Step 2: Downloading and Install HP Officejet Pro 8610 driver
- Power on your HP 8610 Printer, then select the method to identify your printer model and then proceed to the next step.
- Select the Download option next to HP Easy start or the option next to the full feature driver based on the option that displays.
- Now, access the downloaded folder and then open the HP Easy Start file or the updated driver .dmg file to commence the installation.
Step 1: Meeting the requirements
- Check if you have an active wireless network and a system connected to the same network either using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
Now, power on the printer. Download an updated driver to enable the wireless printer drivers and Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer
- management functions.
Step 2: Commencing the software Install HP Officejet Pro 8610
- If you have an installation disc that came with the printer and it supports the Windows system, place it into the computer disc drive.
- Follow the guidelines that appear to complete the installation process. Go to the installation Connect screen on the system and then select Continue.
- Check if the power button light on the HP 8610 Printer glows fully and the wireless light blinks.
- In the Connection option screen, make sure that you select the Wireless option and then click Next.
How to scan to a system
Ascertain that you make proper connections to transfer documents from the scanner’s memory to the computer’s hard drive. Here are the steps to scan to a system.
Step 1: Scanning the photo or document
- The fundamental step is to select the file type you want to save and then scan the document or photo.
- Make sure that you select the Scan option on the control panel and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- After selecting the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Saving the scanned file
- Note that when you save the file in a PDF format, it lets you scan text documents that are not editable.
- With the save as JPEG option, you can scan any pictures and images.
How to scan to a memory device
It is advisable to first check if the printer supports the memory device and then ensure that there are no dust particles on the scanner glass. Go through the prompts provided below.
Step 1: Mounting the document or photo
- After turning on the printer, mount the photo or document on the scanner glass with the print side down.
- Now, carefully position the document or photo according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid and then move on to the next step.
Step 2: Customizing the settings
- Select the memory device and then scan from the control panel of your printer by selecting the Scan icon.
- Ensure that when prompted, you insert the memory device into the HP 8610 Printer.
- In order to change any preferences, click the settings icon, then click Done and then click Start Scan.
HP Officejet Pro 8610 Troubleshooting
Under certain circumstances, the print speeds may be slower than expected or it may not meet the speed as per the printer specifications. The prompts to fix the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Troubleshooting issue are provided below.
Slow Printing Windows
Step 1: Resetting the printer
- Once you unplug the power cable from the rear end of the HP 8610 Printer, wait for a few seconds and then connect the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Try to print after the warm-up period completes. If the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Troubleshooting issue persists, make sure that you check the printer driver settings.
Step 2: Uninstalling the printer driver
- Ensure that you use a suitable tool for Windows Programs and Features to uninstall the printer driver and software.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer if any, then search Windows for programs and features and then in the list of results, select Programs and Features.
Step 3: Reinstalling the printer driver
- Ensure that you follow the guidelines on the screen to download and Install HP Officejet Pro 8610 driver.
- Try to print and if the HP Officejet Pro 8610 Troubleshooting issue still persists, update the printer firmware.
Step 4: Checking the network status
- To check the wireless signal strength, make sure that you click the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar.
- Place the router, computer and HP 8610 Printer closer together and then ensure that there are no additional strains on your network.
How to configure a new fax
Are you looking for the guidelines to set up Fax for your printer? Follow the prompts given below to set up your HP OJ Pro 8610, an All-in-One printer to Send and Receive Faxes.
Step 1: Setting up the Officejet Pro printer
- After placing the ink cartridges, load the input tray with either U.S. Letter or A4-size paper.
- Ensure that you connect the printer to the telephone cord and adapter (if available) and then analyze the type of telephone system you have.
Step 2: Modifying the basic fax settings
- Plug in the phone cord that came with the printer to the wall jack.
- Now, on the control panel of your HP 8610 Printer, select the Setup option and then click Preferences.
- )Make sure that you set the month, day, year and time and then click Done.
Step 3: Modifying the fax volume settings
- Click Setup –> Basic Fax Setup.
- Now, set the Fax Sound Volume as Soft, Loud or Off and then to go back to the Fax Setup menu, tap the Back Arrow.
Step 4: Configuring the fax header settings
- Select Basic Fax Setup –> Fax Header.
- Now, ensure that you type your name or company name in the Enter your name: field.
- You may notice that the Basic Fax Setup menu displays on typing fax number in the Enter fax number: field.
- HP 8610 Printer Fax Setup menu, select Tools –> Run Fax Test.
How to print photos with Windows Photo Viewer
Step 1: Inserting photo paper on the photo tray
- Power on the printer, then insert photo paper into the photo tray or input tray and then right-click the photo you want to print on the Windows screen.
- Now, select Open with and then choose the Windows Photo Viewer option. This may cause the photo to open in the Windows Photos Viewer.
Step 2: Modifying the print settings
- Click print, then choose your printer model and then select the paper size you loaded in the printer or select the More option to find the correct paper size.
- Click HP Photo Papers –> Options –> Printer Properties –> Printing Shortcut tab –> Photo Printing-Borderless Shortcut.
- Now, select the photo tray you want to print from and then click OK.