HP OFFICEJET PRO 8715 SETUP
The HP Officejet Pro 8715 is a multifunctional inkjet printer which can Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax your document. The printer is perfect for home office. With two-sided printing, copying, and scanning complete your job faster and easily print a document, photo and more from a variety smartphone and tablet.
- The printer’s print speed for color is up to 18 ppm and for a back is up to 22ppm.
- The paper handling capacity: Input tray capacity is up to 250 sheets and the output tray capacity is up to 150 sheets.
- With the 50-sheets Automatic Document Feeder, you can complete the scan and copy process quickly.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer works with Windows and Mac operating system.
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart app, and Mopria Print Service.
- Use the borderless printing feature to print your photographs so you need not waste your time to trim.
- The printer’s connectivity option: Wired, Wireless, and USB network connection.
123.HP.Com Ojpro8715 UNBOX SETUP
Once you unpack the printer from the box, you need to set it up. Initially, setup the hardware and then download and install the printer software. Go through the procedures that are listed below to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer.
Step 1: Unpack the printer from the box
- Take out the printer from the box and remove all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and the scanner lid to remove the tapes and stickers.
- Once you’re done, close the scanner lid and also the ink cartridge access door.
- Make sure that you have taken out all the printer accessories from the shipment box.
Step 2: Use the power cable to enable the connection
- You have to connect one end of the power cable to the printer’s posterior side and the other end to an electrical socket.
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer by pressing the printer’s Power button.
Step 3: Insert the ink cartridge
- Remove a new ink cartridge from its packing material. Peel off the plastic tape from the cartridge.
- Ensure that the cartridges are clean and do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. In the right side slot, insert the black cartridge.
- In the left side slot, place the tri-color ink cartridge. After inserting the cartridge, close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 4: Load paper into the input tray
- Place plain white paper into the input tray and then adjust the paper width guide based on the paper size.
- Check whether that the papers are compatible with the printer.
Step 5: Printer driver installation
- Download and install the full feature printer software on the computer where you have saved the document for Printing, Copying, and Scanning.
Wired network setup for Windows and Mac
The steps that are listed below help you to connect the printer and computer via a Wired (Ethernet) connection for Windows and Mac computers. Make your printer ready to print a document or photo.
Step 1: Prep the printer for the installation
- Before installing the printer driver, ensure that you have a network router that is in working condition and an Ethernet cable.
- Check whether that you have enabled a connection between the computer and the router, switch, or hub.
Step 2: Establish the connection
- Once you connect the printer and router, switch or hub, you can find the printer during the installation process.
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer. Unlink any plug from the Ethernet port on the printer’s rear side.
- Wait for few minutes and then connect the Ethernet cable to the printer’s rear side port and then link the other end of the cable to an existing port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 3: Install the printer software on the computer
- The printer driver must be installed to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer network setup.
- For Windows OS: Download the .exe file type and start to install it on the Windows computer.
- For Mac OS: Download the .dmg file type and follow the on-screen guides to install it on the Mac device.
- During the installation, you are prompted to choose the connection type. Select Wired as the connection type and complete the installation.
To set up the scan process, you have to download and install the software on the computer. Connect the printer and computer via a Wired or Wireless network connection. Use the guides that are listed below to setup the scan.
Step 1: Load a document or photo
- Position the document or photo on the scanner glass and then lock the scanner lid.
- You can use the Automatic Document Feeder to scan multiple page document at one time.
- Do not use ADF to scan your photographs. It may cause damage to the photo and to the printer.
Step 2: Scan the document or photo
- Most of the printer models have a Scan button or a touchscreen with the Scan option.
- Choose your printer, if urged and a scan job type. Halt for the scan to complete and then return to the computer.
- The folder in which the scan saved gets open automatically. If required, you can also view the scan.
- In case the printer doesn’t have a scan button, you can continue to the next step.
- Look for HP from Windows, choose your printer model from the results to access HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan. Choose a shortcut that corresponds to the file type and resulting action you want.
- If required, modify any one of the available settings from the right pane.
- Select Ok or the Save icon from the shortcut to save the settings.
- For more information, contact our technical team at the toll-free number.
Use the HP Officejet pro 8715 printer to fax a document. The procedures that are listed below will helps you to make your printer ready to fax the desired document.
Step 1: Meet the pre-requisites
- Ensure that all the requirements have been satisfied before preparing the printer to fax.
- Keep a telephone landline in an active condition.
- Ensure that you have inserted the ink cartridges on the HP Officejet Pro 8715 printer.
- Load paper inside the printer’s input tray.
Step 2: Setup a Fax
- Once enabling the connection with the telephone cord, you can modify the ring settings from the control panel display of the printer.
- Unplug any telephone devices that are connected from the phone jack to your printer.
- Disconnect the yellow plug from the port labeled 2- EXT on the printer’s posterior side.
- If you have an answering machine, link a phone cord to the machine and to the 2-EXT phone jack on the printer’s rear side.
- From the printer’s control panel, scroll to left to select Setup.
- Select Fax Setup from Setup Wizard and then use the following instructions to make your printer ready for faxing.
Step 3: Organize the basic fax settings
- Based on your needs, you can alter the default settings.
- Include the contacts to the phonebook. The guides that are given below are used to add a new contact in the phone book.
- From the printer’s control panel, select Fax-> Send Now. Choose the Phone Book symbol.
- Go to the PhoneBook Contact icon, click on the plus sign to add a contact.
- Select Name, enter the name and then click on the Done option.
- Click Fax Number, and then key in the contact, select Done–> Add.
Step 4: Fax test
- You have to do a fax test to check whether the fax setup is done correctly.
Printer prints an extra blank page
If you find that the printer prints an extra blank page at the end of all print jobs, you have to identify and resolve the issue. Use the procedures that are given below to prep your printer.
Step 1: Update the computer’s antivirus software
- In your computer, you need to upgrade the antivirus to the latest version. All viruses, spyware, and malware can be removed by scanning. If removing any viruses, spyware or malware resolves the issue, you can stop with troubleshooting and start to print,
Step 2: Update the printer firmware
- In some cases, the firmware might be outdated or corrupted. You have to download the updated printer firmware. Once you’re done, try printing a document or photo. If the issue resolves, you can start to print the document. If not, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer software
- While downloading the driver, ensure that the setup is not crashed or partially downloaded. Uninstall the existing printer software and then reinstall the updated driver and software for the printer.
Step 4: Print a document directly from the printer
- To Print directly from the printer, do a modification in the printer spooler option from printer properties.
- Look for devices from Windows and click Devices and Printers in the list.
- In the list of installed programs list, right-click on the printer’s name and then select Printer Properties. Click on the Advanced option.
Select Apply, and then choose Ok.