123.HP.COM OJPRO 6830 PRINTER SETUP
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6830 SPECIFICATIOn
The HP Officejet Pro 6830 is a high-quality printer that is specialized in printing photo. Although not suitably equipped to the print large amount of photos, the fact that this printer is operating on a 4 color cartridge is a plus. This 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer is a hybrid between an office and a home printer, this device boasts reducing your printing costs by up to 50% per page in comparison to laser printers.
Equipped with an automatic-duplexer with a paper holding capacity of 34 sheets, printing on both sides comes as an easy task. With this, the number of pages consumed can be halved effectively reducing the money spent on purchasing the paper. The Officejet 6830 comes with a 63mm LCD panel and multiple dedicated touch-buttons. This is to make usage and navigation of the printer control an easier task. The input capacity of the paper tray is limited to 225 sheets and the output tray can hold up to 60-sheets. Print speed is at 18 pages per minute for mono and 10 pages per minute for color. This said to vary with the paper size that is used. This is an all-in-one 123.hp.com/ojp6830 printer that is capable of performing printing, scanning, faxing and copying.
123.hp.com/officejetpro6830 Driver download
It has been established that the driver is the most important software for the operation of your printer. This software functions as the connecting link between the printer and the computer. The print signals sent by your computer are relayed to your printer by the driver software. A driver is a unique software that is tailor-made to cater to the needs of your printer. Understand that the driver software that is downloaded to your printer will not work with any other printers.
Click on the link specified on this website. It will take you to a window where you will be required to input your printer model. Exercise caution as entering the wrong printer model will download the wrong driver software to your computer which is pretty much useless. Practice caution with entering the printer model and click the download button. The next step is where you will be prompted to choose between one of the two major operating systems. The Mac or the Windows. Choose the one that is running on your computer and click download. Understand that the driver software that is specific to your 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer model is made in two variations. One is for Mac and the other is for Windows.
The file that is designed for a Windows operating system is in .exe format. Whereas the one that is designed for a Mac is in .dmg format. These file formats are respective to their operating system and do not work otherwise. Click the download button and wait for the process to complete. Always prefer the manufacturer provided driver software. The driver software provided by the manufacturer gets periodic updates. These are to rectify the glitches and bugs caused by software issues. Enabling auto-update on your driver software update can be beneficial to both the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer and you.
Replacement 123 HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Ink Cartridges
- STEP 1: Ink cartridges are the prime component of a printer that is responsible for performing printing function. In due time, with continuous usage, your ink cartridge is bound to run out of ink. This happens to every Inkjet printer that is fitted with ink cartridges.
- STEP 2: Replacing the ink cartridge can be an expensive issue considering the fact that these are not cheap components. With the cost of a cartridge in mind, it would be a shame to discard cartridge that still has valuable ink left. There is a way to observe the amount of ink left and that is by observing the control panel of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer. Search for ink levels in the control panel and click on it. The amount of ink left in each color cartridge is displayed. The same can be viewed with the driver software. Full-feature driver software offers additional software that is not normally available when you opt for the regular download. This includes drivers for scanning, faxing and an ink management software. Open this software and get an accurate display of your printer’s ink level.
- STEP 3: When you have concluded that your ink cartridge needs to be replaced, proceed to purchase genuine HP ink cartridges. Although these cartridges are a little expensive compared to third-party provided ones, this gives you the guarantee of a professional quality print in addition to increasing the longevity of your printer. Third-party cartridges are known to be leaky, cause constant printhead issue and the prints are unbearable. Often times, there have been reported cases of blotchy prints with ink smeared across the sheets.
- STEP 4: The ink cartridge comprises of two prime components besides the ink. They are the printhead and the contact points. The contact points are present to establish contact with the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer and the printhead is the component through which ink is sprayed on the paper. On a new cartridge, these two segments are kept covered by a plastic tape. This is to prevent these two from coming into contact with the environment. Contamination of these two can absolutely harm the cartridge. It is imperative that they are handled with care post tape removal.
- STEP 5: Open the cartridge access door and spot the carriage. Click the locking mechanism on the cartridge and remove them. Replace them with the new cartridges and make sure they are secure. Close the cartridge access door and wait for the ink levels to update.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer Wireless setup
Your HP Officejet pro 6830 has the provision to be connected wirelessly. The wireless connection can be performed by following the steps mentioned. Make sure the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer is turned on and has access to a wireless network connection. It is all the better where the connection to have access to the internet. On your printer’s control panel, search and click the wireless connection icon. Your printer will start searching for all the wireless network around it. A list will be presented to you. Choose your network from the list and connect to it by entering the password.
If your network is not found, go to the manual search option, enter your network name and connect to it. Ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same network. Now that the connection has been established, go to the link specified on this website. This will take you to the driver download option. Enter your printer model with care and choose the operating system that is running on your computer. Post-download, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Choose Wireless as the mode of network connection. Your 123.hp.com/ojp6830 printer has been configured to work wirelessly. Any wireless device can connect to it and send print jobs.
Troubleshooting HP OJPro 6830 Printer
Scanner not working
- Scanning is the process where the document in question can be converted to a digitized version of itself. Added bonuses for scanning allows you to save the file indefinitely as a PDF or send it to an email address that was predetermined.
- The process of scanning requires the printer to be fully equipped with the driver software. Without the driver, the printer is good for nothing. Download the full-feature software preferably as they contain additional software that can help assist with 123.hp.com/officejetpro6830 printer operation.
- Make sure the network connection is secure. Place the printer and the computer close to each other. When they are far apart, there are chances that the wireless signal is unable to reach them and as a result, errors are caused.
- Check the power cord of the printer and ensure that the device receives power. The power cords should be intact and they should not be connected via a voltage regulator or a spike buster.
- Try attempting scanning from different software. Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor application and allow it to scan. It will present you with solutions for current issues faced by the printer. Restart the 123.hp.com/ojp6830 printer and update the driver software.
How to fix problem with printhead
- A printhead is an important component of the ink cartridge that is responsible for printing. 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 Printer ink is sprayed from tiny nozzles that are present in the printhead. This is one part of the cartridge that is covered with a plastic tape during shipment. Printhead runs into issues when the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer printer is not used for prolonged periods of time.
- The ink that is present on the printhead dries up when the printer has been idle for a long while. Make sure to keep the printer running or clean the printhead. This can be done by printing cleaning pages. This is a process where the printhead prints bars of colors on papers and by observing the difference in coloration and pattern, one can determine the level of dirt accumulated on the printhead. Print couple of cleaning pages.
- When that doesn’t solve the clotting issue, proceed to remove the ink cartridge and clean it with a lint-free cloth. The objective here is to remove the stubborn ink clot. Dipping the cartridge inside a warm water ever so gently and clean the printhead with a q-tip. If the issue persists, remove the cartridge and replace it with a new one.