HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978 PRINTER SETUP
A whole new level performance of 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer with main functions such as print, scan, copy and fax. Printing the documents or photos using the supported mobile applications make you perform all tasks with ease. Start your printing process using the HP Officejet pro 6978 wireless Direct feature without connecting to a network.
HP Officejet pro 6978 all in one Printer Features
Use the XL HP Officejet pro 6978 ink cartridges to print more than the normal pages. To get the ink cartridges at your door step, use the Instant Ink feature. Get the subscription to Instant Ink and save up to 50% of the ink. Utilize the Automatic Document Feeder tray to print multiple page documents in a single sheet and in very less time.
123 HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer Specification
You can configure the printer to different platforms. The operating systems such as Windows, Mac and Linux. Automatic Duplexing Printing, scanning and copying makes your paper cost and time to accomplish works easily. It supports various media types. The media types such as legal, letter, envelopes, A4. The print quality for document and photo is excellent.
123.hp.com ojpro6978 Printing with Black Ink Only (Windows)
You have both color and black HP Officejet pro 6978 ink cartridges installed in the printer. But, the printer is printing only with black ink. There can be may reason for the printer to print in black ink. When the ink level is very low, you cannot print using the color cartridges. When you notice the color quality, it may not be as expected. So, follow the steps below to solve the HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print With Black Ink Windows
- Make use of authentic ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer model.
- Ensure that the paper you are trying to print is suitable for the print job. In case not, make changes in the paper type.
- Examine whether the print settings to ensure that they are suitable for the print job.
- Examine the ink level for the color ink.In case the level is very low, substitute it with a new ink cartridge.
- At the time of installation, ensure that you remove the protective tape on top of the cartridge to avoid HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting cartridge issue.
- Ensure that the color cartridge is properly inserted in its slot and then wipe the printhead using an automated tool.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print With Black Ink Mac
- Use genuine and compatible ink cartridges for the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer. In case the color cartridge is not compatible, the issue occurs.
- When you insert a paper into the input tray, make sure that the inserted paper matches with the paper type in the settings.
- Examine whether the print settings to ensure that they are suitable for your print job.
- Check whether the color cartridge HP Officejet pro 6978 ink level is low. In case it is low, replace it with a new one.
- While inserting it into the slot, ensure that you have placed them properly. If not, you may experience certain HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting issues.
- In case there is any dust or debris accumulated on the printhead, wipe the printhead using the automated tool.
Printing only black HP Officejet pro 6978 ink for one print job
- You need to make certain changes in the print settings to print only black ink for one print job. Based on the HP Officejet pro 6978 all in one Printer model and OS version, the steps vary.
- Open the document you wish to print. Select Print. Choose the name of the printer from the list. Click the Printer Properties option.The option may vary based on printer type.
- On the Paper/Quality tab, select Advanced->Print In Grayscale->Black Ink only. Press the Black &White icon. After that, select OK and then press Print to start the print job.
Printing only black HP Officejet pro 6978 ink for all print jobs
- In case you do not wish to change the print settings often, set the default print settings to print with black ink for every print job. Based on the OS, the steps get varied.
- Search for the printer in the Devices and Printers application. Select the Officejet pro 6978 printer and right click on it. Choose Printing Preferences from the drop-down list.
- Select the Paper Quality/Features. Select Advanced->Print In Grayscale->Black Ink Only->Black &White. Press OK to save the changes.
Printing Documents 123.hp.com ojpro6978
When you are trying to print from the 123 HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer, ensure that the printer is connected to the system and is turned on. To print a document, the steps vary for both Windows and Mac OS. Follow the steps below to start the print job.
- Feed plain paper into the input tray. Modify the document settings such as text font and size.
- Open the document you wish to print. On the top of the application, select File->Print.
- Try to change the layout, quality and advanced print settings.To do that, select Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences.
- The option varies based on the applications and operating system version. On the Print Settings option, select Quality and Color.
- Select the OK option and then select Print. Once you have selected it, start the print job.
- Before starting your print job, adjust the document settings such as text font and size to modify the appearance settings.
- Select the document you intend to print. On the top of the menu, select File->Print. You can view a printer settings screen.
- On the Printer menu, choose your printer’s name. Choose the appropriate paper type that matches the print job.
- On the middle of the screen, an unnamed menu pops up with the layout selected. Make the necessary changes in it.
- After making the changes, select the Print option. Once you click it, you can get the print job from the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer.
Wired network setup(Windows and Mac)
When you are trying to connect the printer to a Wired network setup, use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer to a network. Follow the steps below to start the connection for Windows and Mac OS.
Step 1: Use an Ethernet cable for connection
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect the printer and router. Use the cable that was shipped along with the printer’s shipment box.
- Switch on the devices. The devices include the printer, a router and the system. Make sure that the router is connected to the system.
Step 2: Connect the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer to the network
- Ensure that you do not use a standard telephone cable. Try to distinguish between the Ethernet and telephone cable.
- The Ethernet cable contains a wide connector with eight wires in it. After distinguishing, start the connection process.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer’s Ethernet port and the other end of the cable to the available port in the router.
Step 3: Download the HP Officejet pro 6978 driver
- You can view the printer’s name in the list of available devices after the connection. In case the name is not listed, download the HP Officejet pro 6978 driver.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, HP Officejet pro 6978 install it based on the on-screen prompts. Now, the process is completed.
- For both Windows and Mac, follow the same procedures but just the adding the printer’s name to the available list varies.
Wireless Printer Setup(Windows and Mac)
To configure the printer to a wireless network, get the network details . Try to print a Network Configuration Page to get the details. Ensure that the network details are case-sensitive. Follow the procedures to set up the printer to a HP Officejet pro 6978 wireless network.
Step 1: Get the necessary details
- Get the network name and password for your printer to connect to a wireless network.
- You can get the network password from the bottom of a wireless router or check the ISP documentation.
Step 2: Connect the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer to a wireless network
- Connect the HP Officejet pro 6978 all in one Printer and system to the same wireless network. Keep both devices close to a wireless router to attain the signal strength.
- In case the signal strength is weak, check whether there are any metal objects near the router. If any, keep it away.
- Ensure that you do not connect the USB cable in the middle of the connection process.
Step 3 : Use HP Officejet pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard
- Make use of Wireless Setup Wizard to list out the various wireless networks available in the surrounding.
- Ensure that you use a unique network name .This is done to avoid confusion with the other networks.
- Select the network name and then type the password to connect the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer to the wireless network.
How to scan in 123 HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer
Scanning is done to convert the paper document into a paperless one. To do scanning, you can either use scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder. Follow the steps below to start the scan job.
- Take the hard copy of the document or photo you wish to scan and place it on the scanner glass.
- In case you wish to scan from the Automatic Document Feeder tray, insert the document into it.
- Ensure that you do not insert the photos into the tray. This may result in damage of photos.
- Press the Scan button on the control panel of the printer. In case the scan button is not available, move to the scan application.
- Launch the Windows-compatible app to start the scan process from the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer. Click the Scan icon to begin the scan job.
- Take out the original document you intend to print. With the printed side down, place it on the scanner glass.
- In case you are feeding the document into the scanner glass, keep it with the printed side upwards.
- Find the Scan icon on the control panel of the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer. Click it to start the scan job. In case the icon is not available, move to the next step.
- Download and HP Officejet pro 6978 install the Mac compatible scan software. After launching it, click the Scan icon on it.
- If you want to change any required details in the scan settings, do it and then start the scan job by pressing Scan option.
How to copy in 123 HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer
Copying is the process of taking the hard copies of the document or photo stored in the system. You can make any number of copies based on the user’s requirements. Follow the on-screen prompts to begin the copy job.
Step 1: Place the document or photo
- To start the copy job, insert the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- On the control panel of the Officejet Pro 6978 printer, tap Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo. Choose the available basic settings.
- Tap Settings to modify advanced copy settings. Make any number of copies by changing the numbers of copies option.
Step 2: Start the copy job
- If you wish to make a borderless copy of the document, select Actual size icon. Choose the suitable paper type based on the media inserted.
- In case you want to make two-sided copies, tap On to activate the feature. Based on the prompts, you are required to flip the pages.
- After making necessary changes in the copy job, select Copy to start the copy job.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978 FAX SETUP
Use a fax capable printer to configure the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer to the fax feature. When you start the configuration, ensure that you use a standard telephone cable for the process. Follow the on-screen prompts to start the HP Officejet pro 6978 setup process.
Step 1: Organize the requirements
- When you use a normal landline telephone to configure the printer for faxing, then follow the steps below:
- Make use of the telephone cable that is available in the printer’s shipment box.
- In case you do not use the cord, examine whether your cord contains connectors with two wire leads or more.
Step 2: Start the connection process
- Plug in one end of the phone cable to the phone wall jack and to the jack located in the rear of the 123.hp.com ojpro6978 printer.
- Ensure that the jack is labeled as 1-LINE. In case you have a landline, connect one end of the phone cord to the machine.
- The other end of the phone cord should be connected to the hindside of the printer. The port is labeled as 2-EXT.
Step 3: Customize the basic settings
- Configure the basic fax preferences from the control panel of the printer. You can change the dial type, rings to answer, etc.
- Ensure that you do not set the fax volume in off state.You may not hear any sounds when you have an incoming fax.
- After printing a fax test report, make sure that the fax is configured properly without any HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting issue.
Step 4: Send or receive fax
- Now, you can send or receive a fax. To dial the fax number, use the numeric keypad on the control panel of the printer.
- Press the Black, Colour or Send icon to send the fax. After sending, a fax report prints to examine whether the fax is sent without HP Officejet pro 6978 troubleshooting issue.