HP PRINTER OFFICEJET PRO 8600
The HP Officejet Pro 8600 all-in-one printer is capable of printing photos and documents instantly from any mobile device with HP ePrint. Just send the documents to your printer and it automatically prints. It gives professional color to the documents and photos it prints. It supports 50-sheet automatic document feeder with the duplexer.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
The Hp Officejet 8600 printer supports built-in wireless printing where you can print without using cables. It also supports built-in wired networking, where you can share your printer with multiple people. It saves paper by printing on both sides of the paper automatically. It supports memory card slots that you can print photos without using a PC. It is designed with color LCD Screen, that allows you to edit photos and manage your printer easily. It supports 4 x 6 Color Photo Printing, that it prints brilliant photos for albums or to enhance business documents. It supports auto document feeder, which allows to fax, scan and copy multiple pages automatically.
HP DIGITAL FAX:
- For USB connection, the digital fax receives a fax and stores it in as a PDF in a local folder on the connected computer.
- For Network connection, the digital fax receives and stores it in the fax PDF in a shared network folder.
- For Network connection, the digital fax receives and attaches a PDF to an email address.
- Automatic-duplexing ADF
- Duplexing ADF ( automatic document feeder )
- Prints over cloud
- Odd-colored framework
- Slot unavailable for specialty media
- A little bigger than most inkjet MFPs
This printer is highly suited for office use, wherein you may require prints of superior quality. Get this printer if you expect prints at high speeds in a shirt span of time.
First Time Printer Setup
Quickly take out the printer from the cardboard box and check if all the listed items are present inside. Then, follow the instructions that are given below to set the control panel preferences on the printer, load the plain paper into the tray, mount the duplexer, mount tray 2, and then install the ink cartridges into the slot.
Eliminate the printer from the box:
- Open the printer from the cardboard box and then eliminate the packing materials from the printer.
- Then open the ink cartridge access door and remove the tapes, stickers and the packing materials from it.
- Then close the ink cartridges access door and recycle the packing materials. Check if all the items that are listed, are there inside the printer box.
Step 2: Mount the two-sided printing accessory (duplexer)
- Find the duplexer in the printer box and then remove the packing materials, tapes, and stickers from it.
- Now turn on the printer and then hold the duplexer by its sides with the rollers toward the printer.
- Then attach the duplexer into the slot at the back of the printer. Now, you should push the duplexer into the printer until it locks into place properly.
Step 3: Mount Tray 2 (optional)
- Now, take out the tray 2 from the printer box and remove the tapes and packing material from it.
- Place the tray on a flat surface, where you need to use the printer. Then place the printer on the top of the tray.
- Make sure the printer is placed properly and is even with the left, right, and back edges of the tray.
Step 4: Join the power cord and set your preferences
- Now, you have to connect the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet, and then turn on the printer.
- Then on the printer control panel, select the preferred language. Then you have to select “Continue” or the “Yes” option to confirm your choice.
- If prompted to select the date and time, select it and then finally click the “Done” option.
Step 5: Mount paper into Tray 1:
- Hold the underside of the tray 1 and pull out the input tray, and then slide the paper width guides to their farthest positions
- Now, you have to insert enough paper into the input tray and then push the input tray back to its position
- Make sure that the input tray is properly fitted to its place
Step 6: Mount the SETUP ink cartridges
- You have to open the ink cartridge access door and then remove the new ink cartridge from its package
- Gently rock the ink cartridge back and forth to evenly distribute the ink on both sides, and then holding its sides insert it into the slot properly
- Then push the ink cartridge forward, till it locks into its place. After installing the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door and the printer prints an alignment page.
You can easily set up the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 all-in-one printer to send and receive faxes. The complete Fax set up procedure for Windows is described in step by step manner. Do as per the instructions that are guided below to set up the printer to send and receive faxes.
Step 1: Set Up the printer:
- Before you set up your fax service, install the ink cartridges. Then load U.S. Letter or A4-size paper in the input tray and get the telephone cord and adapter.
- You can find the telephone cord and adapter in the box that came with the printer.
Step 2: Identify the type of telephone system you use
- You have either a “serial” or “parallel” telephone system depending on your country/region and the instructions for fax setup may vary based on whether you have a serial or parallel type phone system.
Step 3: Setup the fax
- You can make use of the phone cord that came with your printer to connect the printer to the telephone wall jack, or else you cannot be able to fax successfully.
Step 4: Set the fax date and time
- On the printer control panel, tap the Right Arrow, and then tap “Setup”.
- Select the Down Arrow, and then select the “Preferences” option.
- Select “Date and Time”, select the Up and Down Arrows to set the month, day, and year, and then click “Done”.
- Select the Up and Down Arrows to set the time, click “Done”, and then click the Return Arrow to return to the “Preferences” menu.
Step 5: Set the Fax volume
- Touch the Right Arrow on the printer control panel. Click the “Setup” option.
- Select the “Fax Setup” option, and then click the “Basic Fax Setup” option.
- Select the Down Arrow, and then click the “Fax Sound Volume” option.
- Select the “Soft”, “Loud”, or “Off” option.
- To return to the Fax Setup menu, click the Back Arrow.
Step 6: Set up the Fax Header
- Select “Basic Fax Setup” on the “Fax Setup” screen.
- Select “Fax Header”.
- Type your name or company name in the Enter your name: field using the touch keypad. Then click “Done” and a numerical keypad appears.
- Type your fax number in the Enter fax number: field using the touch keypad. Then select “Done” and the Basic Fax Setup menu appears again.
- To return to the Fax Setup screen, select the back arrow.
Step 7: Run a Fax test
- Touch the Down Arrow on the Fax Setup menu and then click “Tools”.
- Select the Down Arrow, and then select the “Run Fax Test” option. The printer opens the status of the test. Then prints a report.
- Wait until the printer prints the Fax Test Report and then review the test report.
To setup the printer on USB, you have to prepare for the printer setup and then install the driver. The complete USB setup for Windows is given in stepwise format, follow the instructions as guided below.
Prepare for the printer setup
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the printer, and then search Windows for ‘devices’.
- Now, click the “Devices and Printers” control panel setting in the results and then right-click your printer model icon. Then click “Remove device” and close the “Devices and Printers” window.
Install the driver and setup the connection
- Visit our website, click the displayed link and then download the driver to your printer. The guided driver installation app “HP Easy Start” gets download.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup, and when prompted select “USB” as connection type and complete the setup.
DIGITAL FAX SETUP:
Set up HP Digital Fax, to save received faxes on your computer. To set up HP Digital Fax on your computer running Windows or Mac, select the printer connection type and follow the steps.
DIGITAL FAX SETUP (WINDOWS):
DIGITAL FAX TO NETWORK FOLDER SETUP:
- Select the printer icon, double-click Fax Actions > Digital Fax Setup Wizard. Click Digital Fax to Network Folder Setup. Click Browse and select the folder.
- To save click “PDF” or “TIFF”. Click “Yes” or “No” to print received fax. Select “Fax Polling Interval”. Follow the on-screen instructions and then finally click Finish > save and test.
DIGITAL FAX TO EMAIL SETUP:
- Click the printer icon, double-click Fax Actions > Digital Fax Setup Wizard. Select “Digital Fax to Email Setup”. Enter the email address.
- Select the file format and click “Yes” or “No”. Make sure that the SMTP server and SMTP port information is correct. Tap Next-> Save and Test.
- Click the printer icon, double-click “Fax Actions”. Double-click “Digital Fax Setup Wizard”, click “Setup”.
Click Browse and click the folder and select the file format. Click “Fax Check Interval”. Then follow the instructions and then choose Finish -> save and test.
DIGITAL FAX SETUP (MAC):
DIGITAL FAX TO NETWORK FOLDER SETUP:
- There are two steps to set up HP Digital Fax Archiving to a shared network folder.
- Step one: Create a shared folder and configure it to use Server Message Block (SMB).
- Step two: Set up Digital Fax Archiving.
DIGITAL FAX TO EMAIL SETUP:
- Click HP Utility >Additional Settings >Open Embedded Web Server > Fax >Fax to E-mail/Network Folder >Start Wizard >Next. Then follow the on-screen instructions and click “save and test”.
- Click HP Utility >Fax Settings >Digital Fax Archive > Choose Folder. Click “Apply” and follow the on-screen instructions.
REPLACING INK CARTRIDGES:
- The stepwise instructions are described for replacing the ink cartridges that are low or empty. To replace the ink cartridges, do as per the instructions that are guided below accordingly.
- Step 1: First, you have to open the ink cartridge access door and take out the empty ink cartridge from the slot and keep it aside for recycling.
- Step 2: Now, open the new ink cartridge from its package and carefully insert it into the slot correctly and then gently push it forward until it clicks into place.
Step 3: After replacing the ink cartridge, you have to close the ink cartridge access door properly. Now, you can print anything.