123.HP.COM OJPROX476dw PRINTER SETUP
Officejet Pro x476dn is an inkjet multi-functional printer with the Pagewide technology. Use this printer for an organization as it has a monthly duty cycle up to 2800 pages. This printer serves the main features such as printing, scanning, copying and faxing. With the touch-screen control panel, move to the settings option easily.
- Send your scanned documents to the printer’s email address using the Scan to email option.
- Access the USB driver easily with the USB slot located in the printer. Print documents directly from the printer without connecting to the PC.
- It delivers laser print quality printouts at your workspace.
123.hp.com ojprox476dw Features
- Use the Automatic Duplex printing to save the paper cost and time .Print multiple pages documents at a single time using the Automatic Document Feeder tray.
- Install the compatible apps in your mobile devices and print the documents or photos on-the-go using this feature.
- Save up to 50% energy using this Energy star certified printer.
Unbox HP Officejet Pro x476dw Setup
- Unboxing is done when you purchase the Officejet Pro x476dn printer for the first time. It is necessary to do the setup process and then start the printing process.
- Place the box on a flat surface. Take out all contents from the box. Discard the packing materials inside the box .
- The contents in the box include a power cord, ink cartridges, USB cable, user manual and a software installation CD.
- Ensure that there is no damage to the printer at the time of transportation. Take out the printer from the box and keep it on a flat surface.
- Make the connection process with the help of the power cable of the printer. Plug in one end of the cable to the hindside of the printer.
- The other end of the cable should be connected to the power socket located on the wall. Switch on the printer.
- Take out the ink cartridge from the package, remove the protective tape from it and then install it into their respective slots.
- Insert plain papers into the input tray. Extend the paper width guides to its maximum and move it towards the paper for the proper alignment.
- Once all these steps are done, the printer starts printing an alignment page. Once the printer is configured, install the printer driver.
Wired Network Setup for Windows and Mac device
Prior to setting up the Officejet Pro x476dn printer, obtain an Ethernet cable to start the connection process. Use the steps below to start the setup process.
Step 1: Organize the requirements
- Make use of the Ethernet cable inside the shipment box. Examine whether the ethernet cable contains a connector with eight wires.
- Switch on the printer, system and the router. In case of a Wired connection, a standard telephone cable is not preferred.
Step 2: Connect the printer to the network
- In case the printer is not in on state, press the power button to turn on the printer. Connect one end of the cable to the printer’s rear .
- The other end of the cable should be linked to the ethernet port on the router. View the printer’s name in the printers list after the connection.
Step 3: Download and install the updated driver
- In case the printer’s name is not listed, try to download the printer driver and software compatible with the printer model and version of the OS.
- Click the link on our website to get the setup file downloaded automatically. After the installation process, you can see the printer’s name on the list.
Copying a document is a process of making duplicate copies of the original document. Based on the printer specifications, take a copy in color or black ink.
Step 1: Place the document on the scanner glass
- Take out the hard copy of the original document you intend to copy. Place it on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- It is suggested not to use the Automatic Document Feeder because it may damage the printer as well as the photo. Use scanner glass for photo scanning.
Use the fax-capable printers to send or receive fax via a telephone cable. Send or receive a single document at a time. Follow the steps below to configure the fax setup.
How to scan using HP Scan and Capture app
HP Scan and Capture App is available in the Microsoft Store. Use this application on Windows 10 and 8. This app helps you to scan the required documents easily.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Store and get all instructions on how to install it using the on-screen prompts.
- Switch on the printer and ensure that it is in the ready state. Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Search HP Scan and Capture app in Windows and select it from the list of available results. Double-click on it to open the app.
- Select the menu option and then choose the Settings option. Click the name of the printer from the list of available results.
- Click Document scan options or Photo Scan option to edit the scan settings for the document. Press Scan to start the scan job.
Scan using HP Scan software
- HP Scan software is one of the software that helps to scan documents or photos very easily when compared to other scanning applications. Follow the on-screen prompts to start the scan job.
- Load the original document on the scanner glass or insert it into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer’s features.
- Look at the printer’s name in the list of available devices. If you can view it, select it for the scanning process.
- If you are unable to view the printer’s name in the list of available devices, download the Full-featured driver.
- It contains all latest features and inbuilt HP Scan software required to start the scanning process. If the driver is not available, the printer does not support HP Scan software.
- Click the Scan a Document option displayed on the screen .On the screen, file type and the resulting action gets displayed.
- Modify certain changes to the scan settings such as resolution, quality. Click Scan to start the scan job .
- The primary function of a printer to is to print. You can use the HP Officejet Pro 476dn printer in both Windows and Mac systems. Follow the steps below to start the printing process.
- Insert plain sheets of paper into the input tray. Extend or adjust using the paper-width guides for the proper alignment of the paper .
- Keep a note that bending at the edges of the paper can lead to the paper jam issue. Do not insert those papers into the tray.
- Set the Print settings such as Print Quality, number of printouts, orientation, paper type ,paper size prior to starting the printing.
- Ensure that the paper type and paper size is similar to the inserted paper. Menus and settings names differ depending on the printer model.
- Select OK and then click Print to start the print job. In case of any issue during the printing process, call our technical team for solving the issue.
Affix the paper type you are using, such as plain, brochure or other specialty types, so that the printer properly prints on the paper.
Click Type, paper type or Media menu on the Paper or Quality or Features option.
- Select the paper size which you placed in the printer, such as letter or legal paper.
- Pick the Size or Paper Size menu in the Advance options or on the Features option.
Step 2: Organize the printer for fax connection
- Obtain a telephone cable for the connection process. Install the ink cartridges into the printer. Load enough paper into the input tray.
- Switch on the printer and the system. Examine whether the telephone cable is in proper working condition.
Step 2: Organize the printer for fax connection
- Remove the telephone from the phone jack and connect the telephone cable to the phone jack and to the printer port labeled 2-EXT.
- After the connection , move to the Fax settings option located on the control panel of the printer. Once you are done, follow the steps below for fixing the fax settings.
Step 3: Choose the basic fax settings
- Change the fax speed of the printer under the Fax settings option. Make changes to the fax speed can improve the communication between the printer and the fax.
- Choose the dial type option as Tone or Pulse .Ensure that the telephone dial type is similar to that on the phone settings. After making changes, start to send or receive a fax from the printer.
Printer not detected during network setup
While trying to click the printer’s name on the list of available devices, you cannot view it. This happens after the network connection. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1: Reboot the system, printer and the router
Rebooting the printer, system and router is one of the solutions that solve the printer driver issues. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket.
Wait for a second and then connect it back . Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Do the same procedure for the router .
Step 2: Examine the network and connection status
Check whether the network name is working properly. For a Wired network connection, the green light should remain stable and orange light should flicker.
For a Wireless connection, the wireless light on the control panel of the printer should remain stable. Try to print a test page to examine the network status.
Step 3: Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to solve the printing and scanning related issues automatically. Based on the on-screen prompts, install the tool.
Deactivate the firewall settings for a while with the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Verify whether the issue is with the firewall. If so, modify the settings and enable it again.