EASY 123 HP DESKJET 2548 PRINTER SETUP
The 123.hp.com/dj2548 all-in-one printer provides an easy wireless printing from any place at any time, it also includes scanning and copying features at an affordable price. You can easily configure your printer and save space owing to its compact design.
- It supports duplex printing.
- Energy star certified printer.
- Print speed : Up to 20 ppm, Copy speed: up to 4.5 cpm.
- Scan resolution : Up to 1200*1200 ppi optical.
- USB port : Rear Hi-Speed.
- High-capacity cartridges
- Print, Copy and Scan
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- HP Deskjet 2548 Wireless printing
- Good photo prints
- Affordable price
- Mobile printing
- Acceptable text printing
- No color screen
- No borderless printing
- No auto duplex
- No internal paper tray
HP Deskjet 2548 printer is an energy star certified printer. It provides Print, Copy and Scan features with an affordable price. It includes wireless printing.
123.hp.com/dj2548 Printer setup
Procedure for unbox setup
When you receive a new printer you need to follow a certain procedure to set up your new printer and get your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer ready to print your document.
- Remove the printer from the box, and then take away all tape and packing materials from inside the printer.
- Position the duplexer in the correct place into the printer.
- Once the duplexer is installed, connect your power cord and set your preferences.
- Position the paper into the Tray 1. Confirm that the print side is facing downward and the short edge is forward.
- Do not place the paper above the yellow dotted lines on the sides of the paper tray.
- Position the paper into Tray 2.
- Place the HP Deskjet 2548 ink cartridges into their respective slots in the correct position.
- After the ink cartridges are installed, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Ensure that you close the scanner lid, and then select Ok on the printer control panel.
- The printer positions the HP Deskjet 2548 ink cartridges.
- Install the printer software.
- The printer hardware and printing software are installed.
- Do not try to connect the printer to your system until it is instructed to do so in the printing software.
If you face any issues or queries, ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496, our tech experts are here to help you to resolve your problems.
USB Printer Setup for HP Deskjet 2548
Configure your printer for a USB cable connection to a system which is running on a Windows operating system. To avail the most supported features from a USB connected printer, you can install the full feature HP Deskjet 2548 driver.
Configure your printer for a USB connection to a Mac device. To avail most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature printer driver.
USB Windows Setup
Step 1 : Prep for the printer setup
Prep for the USB connection setup and driver installation. Prior to setup, ensure that you delete any previously installed printer version from Windows.
Meet the required criteria:
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
- Avail a USB cable which is less than 3m in length.
- Check for an accessible USB port on your system: In case you connect via a USB hub or docking station, the printer may not obtain sufficient power to properly operate.
- In case you connect a USB cable to the system before installing the printer driver, follow the step to delete the printer from the installed devices to ensure a successful setup. Move to the next step to install the driver.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-plug the cable until it is instructed during the installation step.
- Find for devices under Windows, and then select Devices and Printers control panel settings in the result.
- Right-click on the printer model icon, and then select Remove device. In case multiple icons exist for the printer, delete them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window, and then follow the next step.
Step 2 : Setup the HP Deskjet 2548 driver and configure your connection
You can download and install the best available 123.hp.com/dj2548 driver to complete the USB connection.
- Visit our website, enter your corresponding printer model, and then go through the instructions to download the printer driver. According to your printer model, the printer driver installation app HP Easy Start might download.
- Suppose a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, make use of the instructions to open the download file or start the setup. When it is instructed to pick a connection type, click USB. If the setup is completed successfully, you need not follow the remaining steps.
- Suppose the download fails, follow these steps to install the driver from our website.
- Visit our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads, type your printer model if it is required, and then ensure that the operating system version is correct.
- From Driver-printer installation software, select Download next to the full feature driver, and then go through the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant or click Download.
- When it is instructed by the installer to select a printer connection option, click USB to continue with and complete the setup process.
- Attempt to print, Scan or fax, based on the printer functionality.
USB MAC Setup
Step 1 : Prep for the printer setup
- Verify the requisites to prepare for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Power on your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
- Acquire a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- In case you connect via a USB hub or docking station, your printer may not get enough power to operate properly.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-plug the cable until it is instructed during the driver installation procedure.
Step 2 : HP Deskjet 2548 driver installation setup
- Visit our website, type your printer model, and then select Begin. According to your printer and the operating system version, the driver installation app HP Easy Start downloads.
- In case the HP Easy Start downloads, follow the instructions to open the download file to initiate the setup. When it is instructed to select a connection type, choose USB. If the setup is completed you no need to continue with the next step.
- In case the HP Easy Start fails, follow the steps to install a driver from our website.
- Go to our website and then choose Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if required, and then verify that the operating system version is correct.
- From Driver 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer installation software, select Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, according to the option that displays, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder.
- Ensure that HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is chosen in case your printer has a scanner, to activate full scan functionality. Choose Add printer to generate a print queue. The Add window get displayed.
- Choose the printer name, select the Use or Print Using option, and then select Add option.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
- Attempt to print, scan or fax, according to your printer functionality.
- For further information call us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496 and avail the detail procedure and guidance from us.
HP Deskjet 2548 Driver Installation
Procedure for Driver installation for Windows
You can download the updated printer driver, it gets saved in the Downloads folder, install it from the download folder.
Step 1 : Download the updated printer driver for Windows operating system
Based on your printer model and the operating system version, a full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation app is available on the download page.
- Make use of the instructions to download the updated printer driver from our website.
- Once you are done with the printer driver download, continue to the step to install the printer driver for your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
- In case the HP Easy Start app gets enabled but fails to download the printer driver, confirm that the system has an active Internet connection, and try to download again.
- Visit our website for the updated Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer model, if necessary, and then confirm that the operating system is correct.
- Choose Download, which is available on the HP Deskjet 2548 driver Installation Software, or follow the instructions that get displayed.
- Updated printer driver gets downloaded in the download folder.
Step 2 : Installation of the downloaded printer driver
The Printer driver gets downloaded in the Downloads folder, you can install the printer driver in the download folder.
When you are instructed to pick a connection type during installation, click USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and connection to complete the installation.
- Access the Download folder and start HP Easy Start file or the updated printer driver .exe folder to start the installation.
- Make use of the instructions displayed on the screen to activate the connection to the printer and then the downloaded 123.hp.com/dj2548 driver is installed.
- When you are instructed by the installer, choose Add printer to start a printer print queue on your device.
- The Add window gets displayed.
- Choose the printer name, select Use or Print Using menu option, pick your printer name in the drop-down list, and then select Add.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
- For further doubts and clarification, contact our technical support team to solve your issues.
Driver installation for your Mac device
Download the full feature printer driver and access the Downloads folder to install the printer driver from the download folder.
Step 1 : Download the updated printer driver
Based on your printer model and the operating system version, the full feature printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is available on the download page. Install the suitable 123.hp.com/dj2548 driver for your corresponding printer.
- Use the guidance to download the updated version of the printer driver from our website.
- In case you download the 123.hp.com/dj2548 driver, then continue with the procedure to install the printer driver.
- If the HP Easy Start application gets enabled, but it fails to download the printer driver, confirm that the system has an active Internet connection, then try to download again.
- Go to our website and then select Software and Driver Downloads.
- Enter your printer model number, if necessary, and then check for the correct operating system version.
- Select Download, which is available on the Driver-Printer Installation Software, make use of the guides displayed on the screen.
Printer driver gets downloaded in the Download folder.
Step 2 : Install the HP Deskjet 2548 driver
In case it is instructed to pick a connection type during the installation process, choose USB, Wireless or Wired option, based on the printer model and then connection preferences to complete the installation process.
- Install the HP Deskjet 2548 printer driver from the downloads folder.
- Access the Download folder, and then start the HP Easy Start file or upgraded printer driver .dmg folder to start the installation process.
- Go through the instructions to enable the connection to the printer and then the install the printer driver.
- Select Add Printer to initiate a printer print queue on your device.
- The Add window is opened.
- Choose the name of the printer, select the Use or Print Using menu option, pick the name of the printer in the drop-down list, and then click Add.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation procedure.
Easy Solution for HP Deskjet 2548 Wireless Setup
STEP 1 : PREP FOR THE INSTALLATION
- Prior to configuring the HP Deskejt 2548 Printer on the wireless network, collect the requirements, and then verify the printer and system connections.
- Service Set Identifier (SSID) is the network name.
- Your network password might also be known as WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- Use broadband Internet access.
- Plug in the USB cable to transfer the wireless settings to the printer.
- Ensure that the router and the system are powered on, and connect your system and the printer to the same wireless network. Position your printer and the system close to the router during the setup procedure.
- Unplug any USB cable from the printer.
Step 2 : Download and setup the driver
- Power on your printer.
- In case your printer is connected to the system through a USB cable, unplug the cable from the computer.
- Visit our website and select Software and Driver Downloads.
- If it is instructed, pick out a method to detect your printer model, and then follow the instructions to move to the Downloads page.
- Select Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature driver, based on the option that displays.
- Open the Download folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to start the installation.
- When it is instructed by the installer, select Add Printer to initiate a print queue on the Mac. Choose the printer name, select the Use or Print Using option, and select Add.
- Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation process.
HP Deskjet 2548 Wireless Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Ensure the requirements
- An active wireless network.
- A Windows system connected to the same network, either through Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- Configure and switch on your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
Initiate the software installation
From the system, you want to print from, click the HP full feature HP Deskjet 2548 driver and software installation. It has wireless printer drivers and HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.
- Make use of the following method to initiate the software installation
- In case you have an installation disc which supports the Windows version on the system, place it into the system disc drive and go through the steps to start the installation.
- Visit our website and then select Downloads. The full feature installation process starts automatically after the software downloads.
- The software installation window proceeds until a Connect window opens. STOP at the Connect window! Do not click Continue at this point.
Step 2 : Reinstate default wireless settings on your printer
Reset the wireless settings to confirm that the connection completes successfully.
- Ensure that your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer is turned on.
- In case the wireless light is flashing, move to the next step to continue installing the software.
- Make a long press on your printer power button and at the same time, press the Start Copy Black button twice, and then press the Cancel button three times.
- Liberate the power button. The wireless light which is next to the wireless button must flash, reiterate the procedure in case the wireless light does not flash.
- Pursue the next step to install the software. You have approximately 20 minutes to finish the software setup using HP auto wireless connect feature.
Step 3 : Continue with the software installation
- Go back to the HP installation Connect screen on your system, and then select Continue.
- Go along with the instructions until a Connection Options screen displays.
- Ensure that the power button light on the printer is fully lit and the wireless light is flashing. In case the power button light is not flashing properly, press it once until it becomes bright.
- From the Connection Option screen, Click Wireless – make a wireless connection to the printer, and then select Next.
- Once the installation is over, verify your network configuration, one of the screen gets displayed to offer you the best available method to complete the HP Deskjet 2548 wireless setup.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- HP Deskjet 2548 Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection
- Follow each setup screen until an Active window opens. The printer is set up and you can now print or scan the document.
Printing on both sides of the paper for Windows
Configure a print job so that both sides of the pages are printed. Follow the procedures to modify the settings in the HP Deskjet 2548 driver and turn the pages, according to your printer type.
- Prevent page ordering issues, place sufficient blank paper into the input tray to complete your print job.
- Open the document that you want to print, select File, and then click Print.
- Choose the printer name, and then select Printer Properties or Preferences or 123.hp.com/dj2548 Printer Setup, based on what is displayed.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window opens.
- In case a Printing shortcut option is available, click Print on Both Sides or on the Two-Sided Printing option, if available.
- In case a Printing shortcut option is not available, select the Layout, Features or Finishing option, according to which option displays in the driver version.
- Find the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing option, and then click the binding or page flip option based on whether you prefer either a booklet or a tablet.
- Select Ok, and then click Print.
- Take away the printed first side pages from the output tray, and then align the pages.
- Place the printed first side pages into the main input tray. Place the paper depending on the input tray.
- Select Continue.
- The other side of the pages gets printed.
Print on both sides of the paper – Mac device
Most of the HP Deskjet 2548 printers include paper handling settings in the printer driver to manually duplex. This features requires printing one side of the page and then loading the pages into the paper input tray to print the other side. Follow the procedure to configure the print job and to know how to reload the pages according to the printer type and the print job.
- Configure the first side of the print job in the document print settings.
- Some settings are based on where the paper tray is on the printer.
- To prevent page ordering issues, place enough blank paper into the input tray to complete the print job.
- Open the essential document that you want to print, select File, and then choose Print.
- In case no settings display, select Show Details.
- Pick your printer name in the Printer option.
- Click Paper Handling from the unnamed menu.
- From the Pages to Print menu, click Odd only.
- Based on the printer type, choose one of the following settings from the Page Order menu:
- If your printer has a rear loading paper tray: Click Automatic
- If your printer has a Front loading paper tray: Click Reverse
- Select Print.
- Once you are done with printing all the pages, take away the remaining unprinted paper from the input tray, and then follow the next procedure.
- To print the other side of the pages, reload the pages into the input tray, and then set the pages to print in the document print settings. Reloading the pages and the settings depends on the 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer input tray.
Google Cloud Print
Enjoy printing your document or images using Google cloud print. Google Cloud print is a free service that permits you to print your documents securely from any mobile devices or network enabled devices.
- Before you begin the setup, ensure that you have certain items
- A system running on Chrome, Linux, OS X v10.7 or later and Mac OS, or later, or Chromebook.
- Install Google Chrome browser on your system.
- A Google account.
- Connect your system and the Google Cloud Print ready printer to the same HP Deskjet 2548 wireless setup network.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Choose the Chrome menu option, and then click Settings from the drop down list.
- From Settings, navigate to Show advanced settings.
- Move to Google Cloud Print, and then select the Manage option.
- Google Cloud Print recognizes any printers on the network.
- In case your printer is listed under New devices, select Register, and then choose Register again to ensure and print a confirmation page.
- In case the printer is categorized under My devices, then your printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Choose Manage to outlook your registered Google Cloud Print printers.
- In case your printer is not mentioned in the list, then ensure that your printer is linked to the network or try connecting via/using your printer email address.
- Print your desired document or images saved on the system
- Log in to your Google account.
- Move to Google Cloud Print job option.
- Select Print, Click Upload file to print and then choose select a file from my system.
- Pick a document that you want to print, and then select Open.
- In the Google Cloud Print window, choose your 123.hp.com/dj2548
printer, and then select Print.
- Modify the print settings if required, and then select the Print option again.
HP Deskjet 2548 Windows 10
If you face a trouble in connecting your 123.hp.com/dj2548
printer to the system after Windows 10 update, follow the instructions below, to know how to update the Windows 10 compatible printer software, and to fix and troubleshoot various issues which are commonly detected.
When you upgrade to Windows 10, the Windows Update on your system will automatically upgrade all the drivers installed on your system to Windows 10 compatibility.
If you were not linked to the Internet during the upgrade to Windows 10, then the Windows Upgrade will download the required driver updates and install it in the next 24 hours, when the system is powered on. In case you are among the many that like to ensure that the HP Deskjet 2548 driver has been updated, you can verify it manually on your system.
Make use of the tips which are listed below to manually upgrade the printer driver using Windows Update on your system.
HP Printer Windows 10 Upgrade
Follow the instructions which are listed below to manually upgrade any driver software on the system.
- Find Device Manager on your system and open it
- Or move to Control panel Device manager.
- Pick the required driver, and right-click on it. A Drop down box gets displayed, with an Update Driver Software option. Click on it.
- Select Search Automatically for updated Driver software.
- Go through the instructions and install the upgraded printer driver. Once the installation is completed, reboot the system.
HP Deskjet Windows 10 Drivers
- Install the drivers from our website.
- Power on your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer.
- If the printer is connected to the computer via a USB cable, then unplug it.
- Visit our website, and enter your printer model for which the drivers need to be installed, and select Begin.
- You will be directed to the Download page. Select Download, and make use of the instructions.
- For further details, ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496 to rectify your issues and queries.
Scan with HP Solution Center Software
Start your scan job from the system, or from the printer, modify scan quality settings, save scans as a PDF file.
- Place the files on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), based on the printer type and features.
- Find for solution center under Windows.
- In case HP Solution Center displays, select the printer name in the list of results.
- In case HP Solution Center does not display, visit our website and then click Software and Driver Downloads, and then type the printer model number.
- From HP Deskjet 2548 driver Installation software option, select Download next to the full feature driver.
- In case full feature printer driver does not display, the 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Select Scan Document or Scan Picture to view available scan shortcuts and settings.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that correspond to the file type and the resulting action you want.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Select Advanced Picture Settings or Advanced Document Settings to modify any available settings such as quality and resolution.
- Select Save to file Save Options to modify the folder where scans are saved, set scan filename, and choose what happens after you save the scan.
- Select Scan.The printer scans the file and a scan preview window opens on the system.
- Choose the scanned file to make any additional changes, and then select Finish to save the scanned file.
- To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click on the file.
HP Deskjet 2548 Troubleshooting
- Printing blank pages
- Slow printing
- Clean printheads
- Paper Jam
- Can’t print from my mobile device to the printer
Slow Printing for Windows
When your printer’s print speed is slower than you expected or does not meet the speeds noted in the 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer specification, follow the steps listed below.
Step 1 : Boot up your printer
- Switch on your printer.
- Wait until the printer is stable and silent before you continue
- With your printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the printer.
- Switch on your printer, in case it does not automatically turn on
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and the printer stable and silent before you continue.
- Try to print the sample document. If the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 2 : Verify the printer driver settings
Verify the HP Deskjet 2548 driver settings. Choosing certain paper types or printing in Best quality can slow your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer print speeds. Print your document in plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.
- Find Printer under Windows, and then select Devices and Printers in the list of results.
- Double-click on the printer icon.
- Double-click Set Preferences.
- Identify the paper type information.
- In the Paper type area, ensure that the Plain paper is selected.
- From the Quality Settings area, ensure that Draft or Normal is selected.
- Select Ok or Apply to save the changes, close the printer driver window, and then close the Devices and Printers window.
- Try to print the document. In case the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 3 : Printer driver uninstallation
- In case the printer links to the system via a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Find programs and features from Windows, and then select Programs and Features in the provided list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, pick your printer name, and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- Go through the instructions to finish the software removal entirely.
- Reboot the system.
Step 4 : Printer driver reinstallation
Once you uninstalled the printer driver, move to our website, and then make use of the instructions to download and install the updated printer driver.
Try to print a sample document. In case the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer firmware
You can download the firmware updates from our website.
- Ensure that the 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer is on and connected to the system, either via a network or a USB cable.
- Visit our website and then click Software and Drive Downloads, and then enter your printer model number.
- Choose your operating system if necessary.
- Select Firmware, and then select Download.
- In case the firmware section is not listed, a firmware upgrade is not available.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant, select Next, and then select install now.
- In case the serial number is listed, click the printer serial number, and then select Update.
- In case the serial number is mentioned in the list but status is not applicable, the firmware does not need to be upgraded. Select Cancel.
- In case the serial number is not listed and the printer is using a network connection, plug in a USB cable, wait for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh.
- Once the update is completed, select Ok.
- In case you connect a USB cable for the networked printer, then remove the USB HP Deskjet 2548 driver that was added by Windows.
- Find Devices and Printers under Windows, and then open Devices and Printers from the result.
- Right-click the USB printer device that corresponds to your printer model, and then click on Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable, and then reboot the system.
- Try to print sample document. In case the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 6 : Verify the network status
- In case your printer is linked to a wired or HP Deskjet 2548 wireless setup network, there are several tips and procedures that resolve slow printing issues.
- On your system, verify the wireless signal strength by selecting the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar. In case the signal strength is low, place the router, system, and printer at a closer distance.
- If your 123.hp.com/dj2548 printer is linked to the network via Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connections are secure.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it, wait for 10 seconds, and connect the cable back.