Samsung ProXpress SL-M4580FX Printer Setup
About Samsung ProXpress SL-M4580FX Printer
The toner capacity of the printer enables more prints with fewer cartridge replacements. The printer supports high-powered processing that provides more-efficient business performance for enterprises of all sizes. It produces scans fast with DSDF. You can sharpen your text and images with ReCP technology and lower expenses with higher-capacity toner (40K) and drum (100K). The printer lets you work smarter with an intuitive Smart UX Center. You can enjoy pre-loaded applications and widgets. Moreover, the printer includes productivity-boosting features.
Samsung SL-M4580FX Features
Save your valuable time with a 1 GHz dual-core CPU that delivers prints at a good speed. It offers fast, smooth and efficient work performance. The printer lets you handle document scans with speed and control just like the professionals. The Samsung DSDF technology gives you ultra-fast, hassle-free print production right in your hands. The ReCP technology provides your business the best light with brilliant, professional-caliber prints. It provides sharp edges and clean, thin lines that improve readability and imagery so your message comes across perfectly clear. The printer lets you enjoy access to a variety of Samsung in-house solutions and secure in-house print operations. This does not require a server and helps manage devices conveniently. With the comprehensive, open UX system powered by Android, you can enhance your performance. It provides compatibility with various Android apps and devices. You can drag and configure widgets on your home screen for one-tap access to frequently used functions. You can easily download essential apps from the Printing App Center. The printer includes Scan-to-Email feature. This helps you directly email your scanned documents. The printer lets you reduce toner, paper and energy use with convenient Eco button feature on your printer.
Samsung ProXpress SL-M4580FX Printer Specifications
|Function||Print, copy, scan and fax|
|Print Resolution||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Print Speed (Black)||Up to 45 ppm|
|Monthly duty cycle||Up to 200,000 pages|
|Connectivity||Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and Ethernet|
|Two-sided (Duplex) Printing||Automatic (Standard)|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows, Mac, Unix and Linux|
|Processor speed||1000 MHz|
|Energy efficiency||ENERGY STAR certified|
|Compatible mobile printing solutions||Air Print, Mopria Print, Mobile Apps, Samsung Cloud Print and Google Cloud Print|
|Supported Media Types||Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, Envelope (DL, C5, C6), B5 (ISO), B5 (JIS), Oficio, Tray 2: A4, A5, A6, B5 (ISO), B5 (JIS), Oficio|
|Copy resolution||Up to 600 dpi|
|Scan resolution||Up to 600 dpi|
|Paper Handling Capacity||550-sheet input tray, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder, 500-sheet output tray and 100-sheet multi-purpose tray|
|Scan file format||PDF, JPG, TIFF, XPS, Searchable PDF, Compact PDF, PDF/A, PDF Encryption and Digital Signature in PDF|
Samsung ProXpress SL-M4580FXColor Laser Printer Setup
Here are the prompts to set up your Samsung ProXpress SL-M4580FXColor Laser printer.
- Check the list of items at the back of the box and then carefully discard the unwanted tape from in and around the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the Laser printer as per the instructions in the user manual.
- Pull out the paper tray and then it is advisable to adjust the tray size to the media size you are loading.
- Place the paper with the print side facing up and then position it within the markings on the tray.
- Do not curl the paper. This is to ensure that there is no paper jam or skew.
- Carefully close the paper cover, then place the tray back and then proceed to the next step.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the new toner cartridge.
- Prior to placing the cartridge in its slot, thoroughly shake it.
- It’s time to print something to check the status of the printer. Try printing a test page.
- Once the setup process completes, install the printer software and then connect the printer to the computer using a suitable network.
Samsung SL M4580FW Driver Download Installation Support
Here are the basic prompts to download the driver on a Windows or Mac PC.
- Plug in your printer to the system using a USB cable. Make a note that the USB cable must be no longer than 3 meters.
- Check if you have the software CD that came with your Laser printer.
- On your Windows, go to Start –> All programs –> Accessories –> Run if the installation window does not appear.
- It is advisable to accept the installation agreements in the installation window and then click the Next option.
- Once you select USB connection on the Printer Connection Type screen, click Next.
- You may view the prompts in the installation window.
- To install the driver on your Mac system, initially, check if the printer is connected to your system and powered on.
- Check if you have the software CD that came with your printer and then double-click the CD-ROM icon that appears on your Mac PC.
- Once you click the Continue option, select Agree and then click the Install option.
- Ensure that you enter the password and then select OK –> USB Connected Printer option.
- Select the Add Printer button to choose your printer model and then add it to your list.
- Make sure that you click the Add Fax button to select your fax and add it to your fax list.
- Once the installation process completes, ensure that you click Close.
- For any further support, do not hesitate to reach our technicians on the Toll-free number.
Samsung SL M4580FW Printer Troubleshooting Support
Samsung SL M4580FW Paper Jam
- To avoid the paper jams, select the correct type of paper. Check if the adjustable guides are positioned properly.
- It is advisable to not overload the tray. Ensure that the paper level is below the paper capacity mark on the inside of the tray.
- Make sure that you do not remove the paper from the tray while the printer is printing.
- It is advisable to not use creased, damp or highly curled paper. Make sure that you do not mix different types of paper in a tray.
- Ensure that you do not use rough-edged paper.
Samsung SL M4580FW Printer Offline
- Before you proceed with the steps below, check if the printer is on and connected to a USB cable.
- Make sure that you use a different USB cable. This is to check if the printer still shows Offline.
- The cable should be no longer than 6 ft.
- Now, in the Control Panel, make sure that you select the Devices and Printers option, then click the printer and then select See what’s printing.
- Make sure that you uncheck Use Printer Offline option and then reinstall the printer driver. For any further queries, contact us on the Toll-free number.
Samsung SL M4580FW LED Indicator Issue
- When the LED is solid red and the red status light blinks, it shows that a small amount of toner may remain in the toner cartridge.
- In the above case, you may notice a minor error. Remove and shake the toner cartridge to redistribute the toner evenly.
- If the issue persists, make sure that you replace the toner cartridge. To determine the error, it is advisable to check Easy Printer Manager.
- Make sure that you use a genuine cartridge as the printer does not guarantee the quality of a third-party cartridge.