123.hp.com dj2131 PRINTER SETUP
1. HP DeskJet 2131 is an all-in-one that can print, copy and scan. It has a black print speed of 20 ppm and a color print speed of 16 ppm.
2. It has a monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages and a recommended monthly volume of 50 to 100 pages. It uses HP Thermal Inkjet Technology.
3. It uses a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity. It has an input tray capacity of 60 sheets and an output tray capacity of 100 sheets. It supports A4, B5, A6 and DL envelopes.
4. It has a maximum printing resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for black and white and 4800 X 1200 dpi for color. It operates with two cartridges.
5. It offers a optical resolution of 1200 X 1200 dpi for the scanner. It supports a maximum scan size of 216 X 297 mm. It can scan documents to JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP AND PNG.
6. The printer delivers a maximum copy resolution of 600 X 300 dpi for black text and 600 X 300 dpi for color text and graphics.
7. HP offers optional high-yield cartridges for the DeskJet 2131. It helps you conserve energy as it is Energy Star certified.
How to scan
Place the document or photo to be scanned under the scanner lid. Position the document or photo according to the guides on the edge of the pane. Shut the scanner lid. Press the scan button.
Select a shortcut that matches your requirements. To save multi-page documents or multiple photos to a single PDF file, use the Save as PDF or Document to File option in the HP Scan window.
After every page or photo, press the plus button in the HP Scan preview window. Click save on all pages or photos are scanned. Make sure that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu. Alter the file name and the folder you want to store the scan to, and then select Save.
DESKJET 2131 SCAN SETUP
Scan your document using HP Solution Center software
Initiate scan jobs from the system or the 123.HP.Com dj2131 printer, alter the scan quality settings, save the scan as any file type.Utilize HP Solution Center to begin scan jobs from your computer and alter the size, color and quality settings.
- Place the file on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder, based on the printer type and features.
- Look for the HP Solution center.
- In case HP Solution Center displays, choose the printer name in the list.
- In case HP Solution Center does not display, visit our website choose Software and Driver Downloads, enter the printer model. From the Driver-Printer Installation software, choose Download next to the full feature driver.
- If at some point, the full feature printer driver does not display, your printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Select the Scan Document or Scan Picture option to view the available scan shortcuts and settings option.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that correspond to the file type and the action you prefer.
- Modify any of the shortcuts default settings on the right side of the window, if required.
- Select Advanced Picture Settings or Advanced Document Settings to alter any available settings, such as quality and resolution.
- Select Save to file save options to modify the folder where the scans are stored, set scan file names, and save the scan.
- Select Scan.
- Your 123.HP.Com dj2131 printer scans the file and a scan preview window opens on the system.
- Choose the scanned document to make further changes, and then select Finish to store the scanned file.
- You can view the scan by opening the folder in which you stored the scan.