HP PRINTER ENVY 5544 SETUP
The inexpensively priced 123.HP.Com Setup 5544 is an all-in-one inkjet printer that proposals solid performance and reliably high image quality on both plain paper and specialty media. A duplexer can create two-sided prints, although not very quickly, while additional, fixed paper tray gives you a place to stock photo paper.To help diminish ink costs down the road, you can use high-yield ink cartridges or try to cut costs further by pledging to one of HP’s ink plans, obtainable in three levels liable on how much you print.
If the printer is linked to the Internet, HP can automatically notice low ink levels and send you supplies.
There’s a USB port, but we visualize most people will favor the suitability of the built-in Wi-Fi, which ropes Apple’s AirPrint for iOS devices.
The HP Envy 5544 is good worth for people who need to produce a lot of color documents or photo prints, and delivers good quality for such a low-cost printer.Though simple mono text documents remain comparatively expensive, there are inexpensive options available if you need to print a lot of mono documents on a regular base.
HP ENVY 5544 - FEATURES
- Fast printing at a great worth.
- Link the power cord to the back of the printer, then link the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket. Effortlessly create lab-quality photos and laser-quality text on the go right from your smartphones and tablets.
- Link the power cord to the back of the printer, then link the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket. This 123.HP.Com Setup 5544 e-all-in-one is designed to help the whole family be original, stay productive, and save time.
- Link the power cord to the back of the printer, then link the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket. Creative projects, and laser-quality text at great speeds, for an excessive value—from your smartphone, tablet, and PC.
Scan to computer, Email or PDF
Scanning with HP Envy 5544 is very simple with a few scan applications if it is accepted by your Windows or Mac operating system. Once you perform the scan function, you have the option of saving the scanned file either as a PDF or you can email it using your printer’s email address.
Step 1: Depending on your operating system, follow the succeeding steps to open the HP Printer software.
Step 2: If you are a Windows 8.1 user, then click the down arrow on the lower left corner of the Windows Start screen, choose the name of your printer; click Utilities.
Step 3: If you are a Windows 8 user, right-click a null space on the Start screen, click All Apps on the app bar, select your 123.hp.com/envy5544 printer name and then click Utilities.
Step 4: For Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, click the Start button, choose All Programs, click HP and then click the Printer folder.
Step 5: Choose Manage Scan to Computer under the scan option and then click Enable. Mac users, go through the following steps to know how to scan from your computer.
Step 6: Access the HP Utility Software and choose Scan to Computer under the scan settings.
Step 7: Foresee that Enable Scan to Computer is chosen. Now, let’s see how to scan a document from the printer’s control panel.
Step 8: On the right front corner of the scanner glass, place the actual print side down. Tap Scan and then select the computer that you wish the scanned file to be saved and then tap OK.
Step 9: To scan from the printer software, click Scan a Document or Photo. Choose the type of scan you require and then click Scan.
Step 10: If you want to save the file in .pdf format, choose Save as PDF. To send the scanned file as an email, make use of the printer’s ePrint mail address.
FIXING SCAN QUALITY ISSUES
This document is for 123.HP.Com Setup 5544 multifunction printers.
Sometimes when you scan, the computer file or printed output has vertical lines, incorrect colors, color bands, or poor resolution. Follow the steps below to rectify the same
Step 1 : Check if the issue is not printing-related
The steps in this document resolute quality issues when scanning only.
If quality issues happen when printing from the computer, do not go with these steps. Go to our website, enter your printer model number if required, then hunt for print quality to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for steps to resolute the issue.
If quality issues happen when scanning, go to the next step.
Step 2 : Swipe the scanner
Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Swipe these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.
Step 3 : Swipe the automatic document feeder (ADF) rollers
If your 123.HP.Com Setup 5544 printer has an ADF, dust or paper residue on the rollers or separator pad inside the ADF can affect scan quality. Expose the ADF, then swipe the ADF rollers and separator pad.
- Gather the following materials:
- A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth must be used.
- Distilled, filtered, or bottled water must be used.
- Eliminate the original document from the ADF.
- Switch off the printer.
- Separate the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Expose the ADF cover.
- Locate the paper pick rollers and the separator pad inside the ADF.
- Slightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with filtered or distilled water, then squash any extra liquid from the cloth.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe any excess off the paper pick rollers and the separator pad.
- Leave the ADF cover open for two minutes to permit the paper pick rollers and separator pad to dry.
- Shut the ADF cover.
- Remount the original document print side up in the document feeder tray. Softly glide the document into the printer as far as it can go.
- Slide in the paper width guides until they are snug against the paper.
- Do not shove the paper width guides in so extreme that they bend the paper.
- Relink the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Switch on the printer, then attempt to scan.
- If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Step 4 : Alter the scan settings
Alter the scan settings to enhance resolution, alter the color palette, or raise the contrast.
Step 5 : Rearrange the printer
Rearranging the printer can force some types of scanners to standardize, which might fix the problem.
- Eliminate any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then shut the scanner lid.
- With the 123.HP.Com Setup 5544 printer switched on, detach the power cord from the printer and from the wall socket.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into a wall socket.
- Relink the power cord to the printer.
- Mount the original document or photo, then attempt to scan.
- If the issue continues, go to the next step.
Step 6 : Service or substitute the printer
Service or substitute your product if you completed all previous steps.
To see if your product is still under warranty, go to the warranty check website. Repair fees might relate for out-of-warranty products.
- For printers with a control panel, click the Wi-Fi Direct to exhibit the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
- For printers without a control panel, click the Information button to print a report that comprises the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
- If the printer does not have an Information button, click the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that contains the Wi-Fi Direct name and PIN.
- On the computer, look for Devices and Printers, and then select the results.
- Select Add a Device, choose DIRECT-xx-HP from the list of printers, and then tap Next.
- Enter the PIN code when interrupted in the Add a Device wizard on the computer, and then tap Next to install the setup.