Step 1 : Check the issue is not printing-related
The steps in this document resolves quality problems at the time of scanning only.
If quality issues happen while printing from the computer, do not continue these steps. Index in with your printer model number if needed on our website, then search for print quality to locate the Fixing Poor Print Quality document for stages to identify the issue.
If quality issues occurs at the time of scanning, pursue the next step.
Step 2 : Wipe the scanner
Have a glance at the prompts mentioned below or steps to clean these components, likely to your printer type.
Step 3 : Wipe the ADF rollers
- Remove the original document from the ADF tray.
- Switch off the 123.HP.Com oj5743 printer and delink the power cable and then access the ADF cover.
- Identify the paper pick rollers and the separator pad at the interior of the ADF.
- Slightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with filtered or distilled water, then any extra liquid from the cloth and access the ADF cover.
- Mount the original document in the document feeder tray.
- Attach the power cord and then try to scan.
Step 4 : Alter the scan settings
Modify the scan settings to enrich resolution, tune the color palette, or contrast.
Step 5 : Rearrange the printer
Rearranging the printer can impel few kinds of scanners to modify, which may resolute the problem.
- Eradicate any items from the scanner glass and ADF then lower the scanner lid.
- Keeping the printer powered up, unlink the power cable from the printer power cord.
- Reattach the power cable to the printer.
- Keep the original document or photo in the scanner lid and trial to scan.
Step 6 : Scrutinize the printer
Scrutinize your 123.HP.Com oj5743 printer if you completed all the preceding steps.
Repair fees may apply for out-of-date products.